It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China's diplomatic coup

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2023 @ 11:03 AM
link   
As an old student of history, I’ve got a copy, of course, of Henry Kissinger’s White House memoirs. All three volumes. I’ve learned a lot of things from the great master of modern diplomacy. One of them is the value of being a mediator between two powers in a region. If you can broker an agreement between them, they are both accepting your authority, up to a point, and you have become in effect the diplomatic boss of the area.

That’s what he was achieving for the United States in the Middle East in the years following the Yom Kippur war. In theory, disengagement was being negotiated “under the joint auspices of the United States and the Soviet Union” at a conference in Geneva. In practice, Kissinger was doing his best to keep the Soviets out of it, as Sadat shrewdly noticed (I was hoping to quote that conversation, but I can’t track it down quickly enough). The strategy of his “shuttle diplomacy” was to make the Arab nations aware that he alone could “deliver” concessions from the Israelis. If the Arabs wanted any kind of settlement, they worked through him or not at all. That is how Kissinger succeeded in making America the diplomatic “boss” of the Middle East for several decades. That policy has now broken down, certainly in the present century.

A few months back I noticed a news story to the effect that China had brokered an agreement between the long-term rivals Iran and Saudi Arabia. This should have set off alarm bells in the conspiracy theory community, but apparently it didn’t. The story has been buried in other news. I bet Henry Kissinger noticed.

I don’t often make predictions, but let me do a little predicting now. Let us suppose that, out of the blue, China comes forward with a peace initiative in the Middle East, promising that they will be able to hold back Iran and Hamas “and sitchlike” from their attacks on Israel and the West providing that Israel consents to certain restrictions. If Israel is obliged, in the end, to consent to a Peace Settlement on Chinese terms, that would be the first Chinese diplomatic coup.

If China went on to do the same thing, arranging a compromise agreement in the war between Russia and the Ukraine, that would be their second diplomatic coup. Such an agreement might call off the Russian attack dogs, while denying the Ukrainians access to the Crimea (to which, to be fair, they have no historic claim. Crimea was always the land of the Tatars).

Future historians might recognise the Peking Peace Settlements of 2024 as the moment when China became the diplomatic boss of the world.

posted on Oct, 22 2023 @ 11:23 AM
link   
You mean the rainbow flag doesn't bring the world to heel? The fact that the USA has flown the rainbow flag at our embassies around the world has shown just how incredibly weak and morally lost this once great nation is.

posted on Oct, 22 2023 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI2

Interesting.

But shouldn't the fact that, although Israel could (if it felt necessary) prosecute a direct attack upon Iran, be considered in terms of strategy, incentive, and potential success for such a diplomatic offering?

Especially since the most Iran can counter with is a prolonged proxy war against Israel.

China offering to negotiate a peace in the current scheme, would be most likely be met with derision from Israel:

"Sure China, we'll listen to your great plan...just as soon as we finish flattening Gaza and taking out Iran's nuclear program. You got a problem with that, talk to the US. Now out of the way, "It's Clobberin' Time!"

Yes, Iran could make things more difficult and complicated, by activating terrorist cells in western countries, but that would only serve to bring down the wraith of those affected countries...likely in alliance with the US and Israel.

Bad move for China, a unified West.
edit on 22-10-2023 by Bhadhidar2023 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2023 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar2023
Maybe not 2024 after all. They may be able to wait until the time is riper.

posted on Oct, 22 2023 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI2

a good friend used to say "the sun don't shine on one dogs ass forever". Which is apropos when speaking of the US and it's position as world leaders. That position must be earned and maintained in order to exist. And with the weakness of Biden, we have not held up our end, so someone else will fill that void.

And I'd wager the same fukc tards that continually apologize for Joey aren't smart enough to realize this. And it has NAFT (not a fukcing thing) to do with Trump.

The brainwashing from the MSM is a strong drug, and it's unlikely the DERP nation will be getting clean anytime soon.

posted on Oct, 22 2023 @ 11:43 AM
link   
China has been tipped as the next in line as the USA/USD falls for a while. Sounds like big losses on their Belts and Roads with all the conflicts going on. Might pay back one day if they can keep it together.

To sort out this Israel/Palestine mess, the double standards of Israel law around human rights can fracture the whole legal process as jungle rules sorts it out. If these Zionist do want to see a greater Israel one day, executing 2 million people ain't going to do it.

China did get on in the Ukraine mess at some stages there, more backing Russia from my take on it. If they can help out in the Middle East, great. As for who is going to take credit if peace is made?

posted on Oct, 22 2023 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: kwaka
The answer to your last question is; Whose capital do they gather in to write their signatures? I suggest that the American century began when the Russo-Japanese war was ended by the Treaty of Washington.

posted on Oct, 22 2023 @ 11:51 AM
link   

edit on 22-10-2023 by DISRAELI2 because: Found a link to China mobilising ships in the area, couldn't post it.

edit on 22-10-2023 by DISRAELI2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 11:58 AM
link   
You see, it's not just me. Maybe I really an a prophet.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 2 2023 @ 04:54 AM
link   

edit on 11/2/2023 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2023 @ 07:28 PM
link   

edit on Thu Nov 2 2023 by Jbird because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2023 @ 09:17 PM
link   

edit on -18000pmp1020230458 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2023 @ 08:20 AM
link   
And again
www.msn.com... bd84c4199371ab8c254ce88&ei=11

This story is "Russia and Ukraine". The other one was "Israel and Hamas". Between them, they add up to the O.P.
edit on 5-11-2023 by DISRAELI2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 05:08 AM
link   
I'm still going to be looking out for this one, in the present crisis. For the moment, I leave it at that.

new topics

top topics

join