It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pepper X marks the spot as South Carolina pepper expert scorches his own Guinness Book heat record

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Link

This is not as important as the rest of what's going on in the world at the moment, but we must always make room for some HOT news!

The hottest, actually. Ed Currie, the creator of the Carolina Reaper, has created a new monster, Pepper X, and tells us of his own experience with it:

Currie said when he first tried Pepper X, it did more than warm his heart.

“I was feeling the heat for three-and-a-half hours. Then the cramps came,” said Currie, one of only five people so far to eat a entire Pepper X. “Those cramps are horrible. I was laid out flat on a marble wall for approximately an hour in the rain, groaning in pain.”

And this guy is conditioned for this. He does it all the time.

It's worse than spraying bear spray directly into your mouth. Bear spray is at 2.2m Scoville units, and this little devil comes in at 2.69m, just growing on a branch.

And the guy, the grower, he used to be a drug and alcohol addict and has gotten into growing these to substitute his addiction, in a way. According to the article, exposure to such high levels of burning intensity releases endorphins and dopamine, not unlike a drug high. Every time he tests and eats one of his creations, he almost feels as if he's on a high, and he says it helped him kick the habit.

Interesting stuff.

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Years ago I was over a friends house and there was ghost peppers in the kitchen. Andy cracked one of the peppers open and went to smell it , when he did a seed shot up his nose . Instantly his eyes turned pure red and water started running out of his nose and eyes.

I’m not a fan of very hot stuff.

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Oh joy.

Something else for the Idiotic (said lovingly) son and husband to try.

Because I grew the reaper and the scorpion and they both tried them.
It is interesting how fast the human body can break out in a sweat and drool at the same time.

But they both love hot stuff.
Me, not so much, nor having to "suit up" just to handle a veggie.

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Man I dig the hot stuff, have me a bottle of Carolina Reaper powder ready to put on most everything I eat to a certain degree.

NGL though I can't tolerate it as well as I used to though, so I don't use it as much as before. Still, my favorite is Reaper Popcorn just a tiny bit of coconut oil with 1/8 of a teaspoon of Reaper powder popped in a Silicon microwave popper gives me mounds of blazing hot popcorn. It's so hot I can only eat a cup or 2 at a time, but I love it. Obviously wings and chili but it's great on soups, scrambled eggs, salmon or any kind of fish really.

Its weird reaper powder even seems to clear up mouth ulcers i occasionally have too, if you can stand the agony.

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I was laid out flat on a marble wall for approximately an hour in the rain, groaning in pain.

I'm glad he skipped the details about what happened in the bathroom afterward. That guy is a mix of crazy and brave!

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 02:36 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 19 2023 @ 12:49 PM
link   

top topics

join