It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will be the Next Bible Prophecy Event?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: bob1000
a reply to: MetalChickAmy
There is definitely a concerted effort by the elite to make it seem like the biblical "end times" are here. Only thing is, there is no biblical end times except in the minds of the brainwashed Christians.

How do you explain Zechariah - chapters 12 through 14, Revelation - chapters 20 - 22, and 2 Peter - chapter 3?

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

There is definitely a concerted effort by the elite to make it seem like the biblical "end times" are here. Only thing is, there is no biblical end times except in the minds of the brainwashed Christians.

How do you explain Zechariah - chapters 12 through 14, Revelation - chapters 20 - 22, and 2 Peter - chapter 3?

Zechariah 12 starts out with:

9 And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.
10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

When was grace poured out upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem and the world for that matter? At the cross.
When did they look upon Jesus whom they pierced? At the cross.

John 19 says that "they shall look on him whom they pierced" was fulfilled on the cross.

John 19:36 For these things were done, that the scripture should be fulfilled, A bone of him shall not be broken.
John 19:37 And again another scripture saith, They shall look on him whom they pierced.

edit on 17-10-2023 by bob1000 because: grammar

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: bob1000

You're leaving out all of the prophecy about the Millennial Kingdom that's scattered throughout the entire Old Testament. Jesus will be confronting the Jews who killed him by showing up again in the Millennial Kingdom to rule over them for 1,000 years on earth before the final Great White Throne Judgement where everyone is finally judged and the current heavens and earth are destroyed by fire and replaced with the new one.

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined
Two verses in the bible prove the millennium is not a literal 1000 years.

Rev 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Rev 20:5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

The people in verse 4 lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. The people in verse 5 lived AFTER the thousand years were finished. Both of those were partakers in the first resurrection.

There are only two resurrections in the bible, the resurrection of the just and the resurrection of the unjust. Both happen at the same time.

Let me ask you this, are the thousand hills below literally one thousand hills or does 1000 represent a spiritual truth?

Psalms 50:10 For every beast of the forest is mine, and the cattle upon a thousand hills

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 07:22 PM
link   

What we do know is that we haven't lived yet in the time where anyone has been forced to take the mark of the beast in order to buy or sell anything, much less die for not taking it. So, that prophecy has not been fulfilled yet.

Secondly, after that, God will fulfill his Covenant with the Jews. While there is a New Covenant with Gentile Christians, God fulfills ALL of His Covenants. Whether it's a literal 1,000 years or not doesn't matter. There will be a time of peace on the earth for a remnant of Jews who survive and during that time, they will all know who Jesus is and He will be their king. We know that this period happens on earth because people will still be procreating, growing old and dying. That time has not come yet either.

Once that is complete, everyone will go through the final judgement. So, based on your original post that all of prophecy was fulfilled at the time of Christ's death and ascension, you are incorrect. While Christ's death and resurrection fulfilled the law, it did not fulfill all of the prophecy that has yet to be played out.

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I don’t understand the Jew thing. What’s your opinion on Amos 8 where God said he was done with his people of Israel forever?

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 08:04 PM
link   

I didn't read anything in there about God being done with the Jews or Israel forever. What I do know is that He has blinded them from the truth for now and will continue to punish the majority of them clear up through the Tribulation period. However, even though he cuts two thirds of them off, He saves a third of them and will place then in the Promised Land to start over and replenish their population for a time before He calls it quits on the whole earth and starts over. The Jews may have broken their side of their Covenant with God, but He will still fulfill his promise to the remnant of them that He has chosen.

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Only the generation alive during Jesus’ time was blinded. The blindness ended when the times of the gentiles was fulfilled in 70 AD.

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 08:35 PM
link   

the elites HATE God, Christianity and its values. the elites are mocking prophecy talk.

if you want to see it, you'll see it. if you want to ignore it, you will.

imho the masses are brainwashed and it is the Christians who are thinking outside the box.

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 08:36 PM
link   

If all of prophecy has already been fulfilled, then there is no reason for us to still be here. The Jews will be grafted back into the Olive Tree as foretold in Romans 11.

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I'm reading an interesting prophecy book, 'Apocalypse' by Daniel Cross.

he suggests that the next big event will be the destruction of Damascus.
he theorizes that this, possibly caused by an Israel nuclear device, will cow the middle east for a few years,
but a Russian leader (Putin?) will put a coalition together and march on Israel (Gog-Magog war)
suggests Israel's natural gas holdings will motivate him. apparently Europe is embargo-ing Russia's gas and buying Israel's.

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero
Jesus said he would return before the 12 disciples could go to all the cities of Israel but Christians says Jesus is coming soon.

Jesus said There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom. Christianity is still waiting for the kingdom to come.

Almost everything Christianity believes is the exact opposite of what the Bible teaches.

I don’t say that with pride, I say it with sadness. I wish Christians would stop buying into the lies and start believing their bibles.

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton

originally posted by: carewemust

What is the last prophecy event that came true?

Jesus the Christ was prophesied by the lives of the various people in the Bible:

Abraham

Mostly everyone knows the story of Abram and Isaac. Abram, whose name means 'father', was willing to sacrifice his son because it was part of Divine Will. This must have seemed crazy at the time, but Abram obliged because of his faith. What Abraham may or may not have realized is that he was prophesying exactly what God the Father would do with his firstborn son to act as a sacrificial buffer for the sins of all humankind.

Jesus claimed that he knew Abraham, and Abraham knew Him, in John 8:51-58.

Jacob

Son of who inherits the blessing despite his older brother being born first. Jesus, who is also born in posterity, is given the blessing over the old cursed world that lives according to Esau. Jacob is also the parent of who would become the 12 tribes of Israel, just as Jesus had 12 disciples.

Melchizedek

King of Salem (likely Jerusalem), His name means "The King of Righteousness", and he blessed Abraham with a meal of bread and wine. Years later Jesus would bless the entirety of Jerusalem in a ritual that is still practiced to this day which involves bread and wine being transmuted into Divine Substance. In the same way that Melchizedek fed Abraham, Jesus feeds the Children of Abraham.

Moses

The Messiah was most definitely coming through Moses to varying degrees throughout his life. Moses was born during the decree to kill all Jewish newborns, yet he was saved and was raised in Egypt. Same with Jesus's life, He was born during an infanticide and took refuge in Egypt. Moses would eventually grow up to liberate the people from the slavery of Egypt, just like Jesus's overarching liberation from the Egyptian way. Egypt means "Shut-in". Moses name means "to be drawn out of water", which is exactly what John the Baptist would be doing to precede the Christ.

Moses also spent 40 days and nights on a mountain fasting for God before receiving the Holy Law. Similarly, Jesus spent 40 days and nights in the wilderness fasting for God before receiving the Holy Law that would initiate his ministry.

Moses’ Passover ritual exactly resembled Christ’s sacrifice on the cross. Moses splattered the blood of the lamb on the wooden cross beams in Egypt so that the children of God would avoid the due repercussion for sin, and therefore be liberated from slavery.

Joshua

Moses never entered the promised land, but instead preceded Joshua (Yeshua) who would be the one to lead them into the promised land. Similarly, John the Baptist who was drawing people out of water was preparing for Jesus (Yeshua) to lead them to the promised land. Joshua would go on to defeat unbelievably powerful foes, just as Jesus conquered Satan in this world. Both Jesus and Joshua are translated to Hebrew as “Yeshua”. As you can see these overarching themes regarding historical events are actually pre-conceiving the life of the Messiah.

Jonah

Jonah spent 3 days and nights in a whale's belly, just like Jesus spent 3 days and night in the belly of the earth. Both would lead to people changing their mind towards a better truth.

Enoch

Ascended to heaven because he followed God diligently, so too did Jesus ascend to heaven because he did God’s will.

David

David was anointed ("Christened") by the King for defeating Goliath. Jesus was anointed as Christ at Golgotha, which means "The place of the skull"... this was a reference to the fact that Goliath the Gath's skull was in the location where he was crucified. So both David and Jesus were anointed in events that are tethered through time. David was persecuted and sentenced to death by the leaders of Israel at the time (Saul), just as Jesus was persecuted and sentenced to death by the leaders of Israel during His time. David wrote Psalms about his meditations of God, and Jesus quotes Psalm 22 while on the cross which goes as follows:

"My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?
Why are you so far from saving me,
so far from my cries of anguish?
My God, I cry out by day, but you do not answer,
by night, but I find no rest.

Yet you are enthroned as the Holy One;
you are the one Israel praises.
In you our ancestors put their trust;
they trusted and you delivered them.
To you they cried out and were saved;
in you they trusted and were not put to shame.

But I am a worm and not a man,
scorned by everyone, despised by the people.
All who see me mock me;
they hurl insults, shaking their heads.
“He trusts in the Lord,” they say,
“let the Lord rescue him.
Let him deliver him,
since he delights in him.”

Yet you brought me out of the womb;
you made me trust in you, even at my mother’s breast.
From birth I was cast on you;
from my mother’s womb you have been my God.

Do not be far from me,
for trouble is near
and there is no one to help.

Many bulls surround me;
strong bulls of Bashan encircle me.
Roaring lions that tear their prey
open their mouths wide against me.
I am poured out like water,
and all my bones are out of joint.
My heart has turned to wax;
it has melted within me.
My mouth is dried up like a potsherd,
and my tongue sticks to the roof of my mouth;
you lay me in the dust of death.

Dogs surround me,
a pack of villains encircles me;
they pierce my hands and my feet.
All my bones are on display;
people stare and gloat over me.
They divide my clothes among them
and cast lots for my garment."

(Psalm 22)

David’s precise prediction of Jesus's crucifixion is mind-boggling. It is because he was integrated with the Messianic power before It came into the world in uninhibited human form. Jesus's lineage was also shown to be traced back to the line of David, which was supposed to be the Messiah’s lineage.

Thank-you for the detailed response! The force/gift of Prophesy was strong in the old times. Has anything that's happened in the past 100 years been traced back to a Prophesy listed in the Holy Bible?

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 09:09 PM
link   
In Ecclesiastes it says One generation passeth away, and another generation cometh: but the earth abideth for ever.

I do agree that Jews right now that are abiding in faith are grafted back into the olive tree but there’s never going to be a day when all Jews corporately will be saved.

That idea comes from a misrepresentation of “As it is written all israel shall be saved”.

All israel means Jewish Israel and gentile Israel..... all SPIRITUAL Jews.

posted on Oct, 18 2023 @ 05:21 AM
link   

In Ecclesiastes it says One generation passeth away, and another generation cometh: but the earth abideth for ever.

There's also Psalm 37:29, which says: “The righteous will possess the earth, and they will live forever on it.”

Then the earth will have to remain forever as well. I have noticed that the usual response by those for whom these Bible teachings are a discrepency with what they have been taught, is to either just ignore it, or re-interpret it in a way that it at least sounds to them and other biased beholders that there is no contradiction with their preferred religious dogma.

posted on Oct, 18 2023 @ 05:24 AM
link   

I agree with everything you've said with the exception that the earth that abideth forever will be the New Jerusalem that comes down from heaven to sit in its place.

posted on Oct, 18 2023 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Jesus said he would return before the 12 disciples could go to all the cities of Israel but Christians says Jesus is coming soon.

Jesus said There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom. Christianity is still waiting for the kingdom to come.

Almost everything Christianity believes is the exact opposite of what the Bible teaches.

I don’t say that with pride, I say it with sadness. I wish Christians would stop buying into the lies and start believing their bibles.

The message from Jesus in the book of Matthew was twofold. Jesus returned in the form of the Holy Spirit to the disciples in their day, but He also told them that He was returning to heaven to prepare a place for them in God's house where there are many mansions.

In my opinion, for those who were standing there, who won't taste death until they see Jesus coming in His kingdom, is only another reference to the fact that every person physically dead or alive will witness His return and won't experience a spiritual death until the final judgement. It's possible that He was talking about coming to them as the Holy Spirit to live in their hearts, but that's only temporary until all are judged and He sets believers in His permanent kingdom in God's house.

posted on Oct, 18 2023 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElGoobero

the elites HATE God, Christianity and its values. the elites are mocking prophecy talk.

if you want to see it, you'll see it. if you want to ignore it, you will.

imho the masses are brainwashed and it is the Christians who are thinking outside the box.

The elites created that god. I believe that the same elites ruling now are of the same elites that ruled back then. They are the god in the bible. I hate the elites, and I hate religion, and yes, that includes the god in it. It is an impostor, a fiction. It is not the real god, if one exists.

posted on Oct, 18 2023 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: redbackd
There has never been a bible prophecy that has been true

The Bible prophesied of Israel's return as a nation.
which happened after 2000 years of exile.

Egypt’s second president said that the Jews left black but came back white.

Did the black people return to Israel yet?

posted on Oct, 18 2023 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3000Hard

originally posted by: redbackd
There has never been a bible prophecy that has been true

The Bible prophesied of Israel's return as a nation.
which happened after 2000 years of exile.

Egypt’s second president said that the Jews left black but came back white.

Did the black people return to Israel yet?

And stole their names, culture, songs, stories, ?

In Bible prophecy much of Egypt is swept away. Thats coming up. Ethiopia will see to that. They know exactly what to do. Good ol Aswan dam

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join