It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Furthest Mosque

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2023 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Probably the Rus. They’d probably have a claim on the Ukraine as well.

a reply to: quintessentone

posted on Oct, 16 2023 @ 03:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: pthena
a reply to: hjesterium
I looked up Julian after you referenced him on another thread. Brilliant! I'm thinking too bad he didn't live longer.
I'm glad you liked his writings!
Yes, his refutations of Christian arguments were brilliant. If I'm not mistaken, his essay was taken almost exclusively from polemics by various Christian apologists because they destroyed his original work. It's a real shame he didn't last, he'd have settled the Temple controversy once and for all.

The disciples wanted to put up monument buildings. They were prevented.
Oh, great catch! I didn't notice that before. Yeah, nowhere in the gospels did Jesus teach to care about a physical Temple, he even predicted the Temple's destruction (Luke 19:44, 21:5-6). Also, this means that the story about him being moved to anger upon seeing merchants buying/selling in the Temple is pure legend.

Compare al-Aqsa, Muslims did that, set up a monument to a spiritual thing. Not a proper thing to do.
I don't know enough about the purpose of al-Aqsa to say whether it was proper or not. But I don't think it's wrong to raise a monument to a spiritual thing.

"So people had a lot of free time to think about life, about Spirit, about the Universe, about how to preserve their vast knowledge for centuries, for future generations. So the ancients built megaliths. To leave history and knowledge in stones was considered much more important than to build an imposing house or palace."
iknigi.net...

Don't we leave behind time capsules for future generations to discover?

I noticed that when comparing terms used in Hindu vs terms used in Zoroastrian: good is bad, bad is good, depending on which side of a stream you live on.
Like the term "Deva"?

To be perfectly honest, I am doing this for others. I care nothing at all for lands and buildings on the other side of the World.
I appreciate your honesty.

How would you react if people were campaigning to remove historic buildings in America?

As for buildings in distant lands that I care about, mainly Greco-Roman temples. Tbh I feel nothing for the destroyed Syrian temples.
edit on 16-10-2023 by hjesterium because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2023 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dalamax

Looks like the majority may be Poles.

posted on Oct, 16 2023 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Like the term "Deva"?

That's the one.

How would you react if people were campaigning to remove historic buildings in America?

I guess that depends on who it has deep meaning for.

I had this k-12 classmate who grew up in a haunted house. It used to be the main hotel in town. When comparing pictures of the Hotel in situ with the three story house it's easy to see that it was a portion of the hotel that got moved about four blocks up the road to become the house.

The ghost had a connection to the stairway much more than to the land that the hotel had been on. That's a strange thing to consider.

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: pthena

Interesting story, but how did your classmate feel about the house? I think the fact that people raise an outcry over attempts to remove historic monuments show that they care about their national heritage. Cities with cultural sites like Lviv, Vienna, Budapest, Dresden, etc. have little strategic military value, but great cultural significance.

Yes, I've often heard of ghosts leaving the premises when the building or object of interest has been removed from it.

I read at least one case which seems to indicate an attachment for ancestral grounds: old.reddit.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Interesting story, but how did your classmate feel about the house?

I never asked him, but I imagine he would not have liked it to be torn down.

If a building which I will never see is slated to get torn down I think it would be up to people who do see it and not me.

posted on Oct, 18 2023 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

originally posted by: Dalamax

Looks like the majority may be Poles.

Grim brothers or brothers Grim?

www.intopoland.com...

Soon they built a town which they called Gniezno (a “nest” in the Slavic language). The town became the capital of their nation and the first capital of Poland. And so the three brothers separated: Czech decided to go south and Rus chose the east where they started their own countries.

So this was in the 10th century, not really an ancestral homeland 🤷🏽‍♂️

posted on Oct, 18 2023 @ 07:43 PM
link   

a reply to: NorthOfStuffx2

Things are burned, looted, and toppled long before ruinous decay sets in.

Earthquakes.
Destroyed 746 CE
Destroyed 1033 CE by Jordan Rift Valley earthquake.

Yes, you got me there! Earthquakes

Earthquakes, fire, and brimstone.

posted on Oct, 18 2023 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: NorthOfStuffx2

I'm not hoping for fire and brimstone.

There was a very famous and narrow bridge near my town. For drivers training it was pretty much an initiation ceremony to drive across. Very scary when a big truck is coming toward you. Not much space.

The route was changed and a new bridge was built within sight of the old bridge. Last time I saw that old bridge there were vines growing all over it.

That's sort of what I was thinking of.

edit on 18-10-2023 by pthena because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join