It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noahs Ark and the Biblical World Wide Flood Never Happened

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: InachMarbank

The Sahara is many colors, depending on where you are.

And it's chock full of fossils, under the dunes.

Was once a vast ocean.

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
Scientists seem to agree that around 12,900 years ago there was a cataclysm. What that event entailed seems to be up for debate, but flooding was likely to have been a part of that, as well as flooding at the end of the younger dryas around 11,600 years ago. Not covering the earth, but widespread nonetheless.

Actually, scientists don't agree with this.

What's agreed is that there was a period of cooling called the Younger Dryas and that it led to changes but not anything drastic. The extinction period at the end of the last Ice Age wasn't a sudden thing, but rather took place over many thousands of years.

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: Gothmog
their has been evidence of a major flood happening by well-known geologists . I would hesitate to use the word "majority", yet that is a viable term that could be used.

There is evidence of a REGIONAL flood in the Middle East about 7,000 years ago.
There is no evidence of a world wide flood as described by the Bible in the Noahs Ark story.
As for the stories of floods ... here ya' go ...
PBS - Flood Myths from Around the World
Who put a date on the "global" flood ?
Never heard that it had to happen 7,000 years ago..

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Who put a date on the "global" flood ?
Never heard that it had to happen 7,000 years ago..

According to the Bible it was 2400BC
(plus or minus a few years depending on which group does the counting)
That was 4,400 years ago.
Obviously not enough time for the earth to repopulate with such ethnic and genetic diversity as it has now.
edit on 10/6/2023 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 03:24 PM
link   
C'mon. We all know the story of the Ark is fake. I mean, where are the dinosaurs saved in the story that allowed Jesus to ride into Galilee and lead the Spanish Revolution?
edit on Octpm31pmf0000002023-10-06T15:24:59-05:000359 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

The Ark is really bad, and is debunked by everything. But it's not the most hilarious one.

Exodus is the most hilarious to take out of parable.

Why? Because GEOGRAPHY IS THE STORY'S WORST ENEMY.

Cairo direct Jerusalem NEVER gets within 30 miles of seawater. Plain and simple.

Blue line. Direct route 250 miles. @ 5 miles a day, you're there in 2 months. No horrid mountains, and some marshlands.

I'm sorry, but God is a d*ck. Not let them cross the gulf of Suez, but make them be chased by chariots the hundreds of miles to red sea, to then cross for 100 miles, and then wander through Saudi Arabia for 40 years.

"Moses, um yeah, see you've been leading us for hours a day through the same desert, and yet we never reach water. What the hell are you listening to, and will you stop, because it's been 32 FREAKING YEARS ALREADY. Where's this promised land, we're lost! Admit we're lost. For once could you just freaking Ask you best friend God for directions? Because I'm sick of eating the crap that falls from the sky. It tastes terrible, like some weird jelly fungus."

It's a funnier story, not that Noahs Ark isn't hilarious in its own way, but I feel exodus is as absurd, if not more.

Wait. Forget the first map...

I forgot something happened at Mt Sinai. So they went out of the way to cross the Gulf of Suez (You cannot cross the Red Sea to get to Mt. Sinai) and then took two months to get to Mt. Sinai, and then still got lost for 40 years. Have to redo this...

Updated map:

The first two stars are the cities the Bible says they built. (Pithom & Ramses - both WELL north of Red Sea)
The burning tree is Mt. Sinai
The other star is the holy land, which took 40 years to reach. Seriously, how do you get lost for 40 years in the Sinai peninsula, its like the size of Maine.

Still doesn't make sense and mostly holds.
edit on 6-10-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

Fine and dandy to say Exodus is a holy fraud, but what about 1st temple?

I seriously doubt that it deserves the title. Maybe 5th or 10th, if it even was there where it is claimed to be.
See: Tel Motza

Excavations in Motza (2012) unearthed the Tel Motza temple, a large building revealing clear elements of ritual use, dated to the 9th century BCE. A rare cache of ritual objects found near the building included tiny ceramic figurines of men and animals. An analysis of animal bones found at the site indicated that they belonged only to kosher animals.[14] Excavations at the site continued as late as 2013, led by archaeologists Shua Kisilevitz, Zvi Greenhut, and Anna Eirikh-Rose on behalf of the Israel Antiquities Authority (IAA).[15][16] Some finds, such as the possible presence of a Canaanite storm god, have been interpreted as further evidence that First Temple era Judahite religion ("Yahwism") was markedly different from the monotheistic Judaism depicted much later in the Bible

What if Solomon is a literary figure without basis in fact? There sure doesn't seem to be evidence of Solomon's Empire.

No direct evidence for the existence of Solomon's Temple has been found,[6][7] although no recent archaeological excavations have been conducted on the Temple Mount due to the extreme religious and political sensitivity of the site. Nineteenth and early-twentieth century excavations around the Temple Mount did not identify "even a trace" of the complex.[8] The House of Yahweh ostracon, dated to the 6th century BCE, may refer to the First Temple.[9][10] Two 21st century findings from the Israelite period in present-day Israel have been found bearing resemblance to Solomon's Temple as it is described in the Hebrew Bible: a shrine model from the early half of the 10th century BCE in Khirbet Qeiyafa; and the Tel Motza temple, dated to the 9th century BCE and located in the neighbourhood of Motza within West Jerusalem.[11][4] The biblical description of Solomon's Temple has also been observed to share similarities with several Syro-Hittite temples of the same period discovered in modern-day Syria and Turkey, such as those in Ain Dara and Tell Tayinat.[13]
Solomon's_Temple

edit on 6-10-2023 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

OK... control of Jerusalem?

I think it goes...

Canaanite, Egyptian, Canaanite/Phoenician, Hebrew, Philistine, Israelite, Judah, Assyrian (siege only), Judah, Babylonian, Achaemenid (Persian), Greek, Judean, Roman, Byzantine, Rashidan Caliphate, Umayyad Caliphate, Abbasid Caliphate, Christians, Muslims, Christians, Muslims, Christians, Muslims, Christians, Muslims, Christians, Muslims, Christians, Muslims, Christians, Muslims, Christians, Muslims, Christians, Muslims, Christians, Muslims, Christians, Muslims, Christians, Muslims, Christians, Muslims, Muslims, Christians, Muslims, Christians, Muslims, Christians, Muslims, Ottoman, Great Brittain, Israel.

Sometimes, the same people just changed what they called themselves. Worth noting.
edit on 6-10-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

This is hilarious
but not a joke at all. You can't even get out of the gate
trying to fit God into mans science. Why not try putting the universe in
a matchbox pal? Oh scientifically blah historically la blah Archeaolalagically

Most biblical and ancient Near Eastern scholars argue that the flood is a mythical story adopted from earlier Mesopotamian flood accounts.

Trying to put man up against God (and that's all you've done here) makes anyone look like a fool.

Know why?

Because it's foolish.

Once saved always saved brother!
edit on 6-10-2023 by Saloon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: CoyoteAngels

That may be true. But it still doesn’t dispute that we can tell these tonnes of Heaven’s glass shards on the borders of Libya, Egypt, and Sudan were not made by heating up those desert sands with an 80 by 30 mile oval shaped meteorite.

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Saloon

Trying to put man up against God (and that's all you've done here) makes anyone look like a fool.

Know why?

Because it's foolish.

But they're probably right though. Probably was a Mesopotamian influence. Iraq is not that far from Israel. Camel it in about four weeks. Even Yahweh may have been a fusion of EA and Ba'al. You know, other myth.

Like ancient Hebrew is the same alphabet as Phoenician with different characters. They may have also changed Ba'al, paired him with a sea monster and made him a false idol to insert their correct God, that had no written reference before the 9th century BCE.

You might be saved, but you come off arrogant and righteous as hell. You take a valid comment, mock them for it, say it's not valid, and then assert your view can never be wrong. You could be right.

Why can't your version of God just go away already, and take its mocking disdain and absolute correctness with it?

Red word varients are so oppressive.

*** Linguistic addendum: ***

Phoenician to Modern Hebrew.

It starts here, these people worshipped Ba'al.

[Phoenician - 1250 BCE]

At about 1200 BCE, they slightly changed the letters and changed the God. Split from Phoenicia, called themselves Hebrews.

Then it drifts into "Paleo-Hebrew", preferred language of Old Testament composition until switching to mostly Aramaic (the 2nd then third alphabet in third image)

[Paleo Hebrew - 1200 BCE (top), Modern Hebrew - 150 CE (bottom)]

*Square Hebrew was actually developed after Aramaic square script in 150 CE, not 600 BCE

[Aramaic]

Finally it morphs into Modern Hebrew (the bottom set of letters in the second image) from the Aramaic square script 100 years after Jesus.

Some also argue Hebrew actually died out before Aramaic imperial script, and was revised hundreds of years later based off Aramaic square script.

But by that time Greek was way more preferred and Hebrew was almost dead, so whatever.

For something absolute, it sure follows the same morphology and malleability as every other language that ever existed ever.

Why wouldn't the religion written about as well?
edit on 7-10-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Some people say that the bible itself is actually only 800 years old...Anatoly Fomenko is one of them...the entire bible and all other religious texts are meaningless dribble written by a bunch of drunks

edit on 6-10-2023 by redbackd because: incorrect spelling

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Saloon

You can't even get out of the gate
trying to fit God into mans science.

But He can fit into man's story telling?

If you are "always saved" then your God will not punish you for what your neighbors think, do, or say. So give your neighbors a break.

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Noah's Ark is a story written thousands of years after the apocalypse. It's full of fantasy ... but there's some truth in it.

Just for the 'believers' with a (very) open mind ....

www.evawaseerst.be...

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 04:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Saloon
You can't even get out of the gate trying to fit God into mans science.

The Noahs Ark story is just a story. It is not a record of God on Earth.

Why not try putting the universe in a matchbox pal?

I've told you before, I'm not your 'pal'.

Trying to claim that the Noahs Ark story is actually historically accurate is what makes a person look like a fool.

Once saved always saved brother!

I am a woman and therefore not anyone's 'brother'.
And 'Once saved always saved' is demonic soul candy slang for the weak minded.

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Start a thread on that. The conspiracy of the Exodus.
It never happened as the Bible story claims.
Another one easily debunked.

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Interesting and true quote I saw this morning - "You do not serve God if you do not seek truth". Blindly accepting lies because someone claims it came from God ... that's not seeking truth and it's not serving God. People shouldn't be afraid of the truth. It will set you free.
edit on 10/7/2023 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Excellent article on how Exodus, as described in the Bible, never happened.
LA Times

The Hebrews weren't slaves in Egypt.
There is no record of 2 million people leaving Egypt - which is how many would have left.
There is no record of the Egyptian military being wiped out. They remained strong.
There is no evidence in the desert of 2 million people living there for 40 years.

Start a thread on Exodus not having happened as the Bible claims.
Plenty of evidence that proves it didn't.

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 07:14 AM
link   

The Flood—Fact or Fable? (Awake!—1997)

Was There an Earthwide Flood? (1968)

Is there reliable evidence that a deluge of such tremendous magnitude actually occurred? From where could so much water have come? Where did it go? Does the earth itself bear evidence that it was inundated with waters that overwhelmed all land areas?

SOURCE OF THE WATERS

EFFECT UPON THE EARTH

WHERE DID THE WATER GO?

WHAT IT MEANS FOR YOU

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 07:46 AM
link   

I don't know about the Ark but it could be a fairy tale to tie up loose ends in history 1000's of years ago. I also don't believe everything in the bible as much as written may have been slanted intentionally. I also do NOT believe that God is all knowing as we have a choice here on earth.

However, based on 100's of spiritual experiences throughout my life I do believe in God and I also believe in the afterlife, reincarnation and more as I have met my Twin Flame.

I agree with this other Thread you wrote some time ago.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join