It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noahs Ark and the Biblical World Wide Flood Never Happened

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Marine fossils all over everest? A man being helped by literal God Almighty couldn't achieve the task of building a boat? Care to take a stab at Moses' staff next? It's why it is called faith and belief. Believe it or not, you have put your faith in a god, you probably don't know it though.

2 Cor 4:4

In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Everyone on this planet serves a god. Most hate The Lord so they unintentionally side with the god of this world and get passively brainwashed by his minions running this place.

Isaiah 5:20

Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

I don't claim to know a great deal about science, 5 years ago I knew a great deal more about it than Scripture, though. Here's where I'm at in my understanding, coming from one side to the other. I'm willing to bet most anyone on this site would lie to their parent's faces if it meant they would collect a liveable income. Lie by omission to strangers? I bet the percentage goes up. The very fact that marketing, (an entire profession built on lying and brainwashing), exists provides plenty of evidence for this hypothtical. You could even send me an 100 thousand dollar grant to do a study to prove my hypothesis, if you just find it too hard to believe.

Stop wasting time trying to evangelize unbelief and look for God.
James 4:8

Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you.

P.S. I too like The Flyers.

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: InachMarbank
a reply to: charlyv

See? Evidence of high pressure mineral supports my Heaven’s glass cracking position.

But thousands of tonnes of glass spread over an 80 by 30 mile oval is certainly no meteorite.

Never heard of a glass meteorite.

The sun and moon, being lesser and greater lights, are certainly an electrical phenomenon.

The glass is produced by the extreme heat caused by the detonating bolide(s). The desert sand was melted and the explosion scattered the molten glass over an extremely wide area , with small amounts of meteoritic impurities included. The glass is a form of tektite, like Darwin Glass and Moldavite. You should do some research on how tektites are formed.

I have an extensive collection of tektites and the subject of meteorites is one of my specialties. No electrical evidence and science is your friend.

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: CoyoteAngels
We today have an Ark, with DNA samples from nearly all life forms on the planet.

Don't know why people don't believe the story, when it's right in front us.

And it was over 5000 years ago.

I think people are placing it at more like 12000.

I believe there was a cataclysm.

I agree that something big happened about 12000 years ago.

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ventian

Marine fossils all over everest? A man being helped by literal God Almighty couldn't achieve the task of building a boat? Care to take a stab at Moses' staff next? It's why it is called faith and belief. Believe it or not, you have put your faith in a god, you probably don't know it though.

In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Everyone on this planet serves a god. Most hate The Lord so they unintentionally side with the god of this world and get passively brainwashed by his minions running this place.

Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

I don't claim to know a great deal about science, 5 years ago I knew a great deal more about it than Scripture, though. Here's where I'm at in my understanding, coming from one side to the other. I'm willing to bet most anyone on this site would lie to their parent's faces if it meant they would collect a liveable income. Lie by omission to strangers? I bet the percentage goes up. The very fact that marketing, (an entire profession built on lying and brainwashing), exists provides plenty of evidence for this hypothtical. You could even send me an 100 thousand dollar grant to do a study to prove my hypothesis, if you just find it too hard to believe.

Very well said and quite appropriate. What you said needs to be said more often and repeated often.

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ventian

Marine fossils all over everest?

“The fossils recorded around Mt Everest are Ordovician in age – that is, about 420 million years old – and formed under the ocean on the northern margin of India when it was still attached to Western Australia as part of the supercontinent Gondwana,” Dr Buckman said in an email.

“About 130 million years ago, India drifted away from Gondwana and drifted northwards until it collided with Eurasia between 55-34 million years ago.

“This collision of continents resulted in massive uplift of the crust and the fossiliferous sedimentary rocks that formed part of northern India were thrust upwards by these colossal tectonic forces. These fossils are now found on top of Mt Everest (Qomolangma).”
www.aap.com.au...

Are we like waiters serving this god?

I tried serving the Sun god but discovered that it was futile; all blessing coming from and no way to give back. I suppose the Sun is just going to patiently wait until it can absorb the Earth. That's a lot of patience!

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 10:53 PM
link   

the Biblical Noahs Ark and world wide flood story is still believed and taught by some people even today even though it has been disproven scientifically, historically, and through archeology.

A lot of cultures from around the world , Both past and present , have beliefs of a flood and a "rescuer" . One of the old cultures from the Americas, I don't remember which,that even has a hero with a name pronounced No-wah.
I don't know, and don't really care, where you got the in formation but their has been evidence of a major flood happening by well-known geologists . I would hesitate to use the word "majority", yet that is a viable term that could be used.

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

It also would explain the evidence for the bottleneck of past civilizations where just a few thousand were able to survive.

Just think; if a cataclysm happened today and all of our advanced technology disappeared and only a few pockets of society survived all we could do is tell stories of what our life was like to our children.
Eventually the stories would become fraught with error. When earths population increased and world travel began again we'd have legends and lore from around the globe that pretty much told the same story from different perspectives.

I think sooner or later rulers would hit on a fear-based religion as a means of control over the growing populations. Deeply held beliefs are more effective than laws in most instances.

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyMayhew

originally posted by: nugget1
In Chan Thomas' book 'The Adam and Eve Story' he tells of a great cataclysm when an asteroid hit the earth, causing a world-wide tsunami that washed over the earth.

And if you believe that you'll believe Noah and his family and all the spiny anteaters and walruses and fire ants he took with him into his wooden box were the only creatures to survive ....

I believe nothing I hear and only half of what I see. Read my signature.

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

The Libyan desert sand has a much higher iron content than Heaven’s glass. That glass was not made from heated up Libyan desert sand.

Just look at pics of the sand of the Saharan desert. It’s quite red, and dark yellow.

The Libyan desert glass is light yellow, white, and clear.

And I never said this shattered Heavens glass was electrified. I will now say Heavens glass shields Earth from the solar and lunar winds, pushing to the Earth, and pulling from the Earth. And if that glass shatters, life would get the full intensity of those winds, and be quickly obliterated.

edit on 6-10-2023 by InachMarbank because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

Very well said and quite appropriate. What you said needs to be said more often and repeated often.

Yes and the high desert in South America there's thousands of shells of sea life that is taking place so something actually did happen and people save his locally for them the ark no even in Central America the treat people that live in Central America that's your life set something that happened and they explained of a big flood also.

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 01:09 AM
link   

There are some prehistoric creatures at the bottom of the sea, which apparently survived the flood. The solar and lunar winds of the flood probably couldn’t penetrate them. You can see them on videos showing the weird fish caught deep sea fishing.

Since I prefer to believe the Bible is an encrypted true story, I am inclined to posit that the arc was some kind of submarine, and most aboard were people, symbolized by animals.

edit on 6-10-2023 by InachMarbank because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 04:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
The great flood has actually NEVER been disproven that is just an opinion that has been spread as the truth by a group that want that to be the case

Everything I posted disproves the biblical Noahs Ark myth.
It was absolutely impossible.

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 04:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

Soft tissue found in Dino bones another one.

That was explained a decade ago. Live Science Click Here

Turkey has build a visitor centre for the petrified ark that was pushed up out of the ground in an earth quake,

It's a natural rock formation. Nothing more.

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Marine fossils all over everest?

You don't understand how long it takes to create a fossil. Noahs Ark would have been just 4,000 years ago. The fossils are 420 million years old. BIG DIFFERENCE.

Basic Science Explains That Easily - Plate Tectonics

“The fossils recorded around Mt Everest are Ordovician in age – that is, about 420 million years old – and formed under the ocean on the northern margin of India when it was still attached to Western Australia as part of the supercontinent Gondwana,” Dr Buckman said in an email.

“About 130 million years ago, India drifted away from Gondwana and drifted northwards until it collided with Eurasia between 55-34 million years ago.

“This collision of continents resulted in massive uplift of the crust and the fossiliferous sedimentary rocks that formed part of northern India were thrust upwards by these colossal tectonic forces. These fossils are now found on top of Mt Everest (Qomolangma).”

NASA notes that the presence of limestone and marine fossils lifted from the once shallow sea bed to the top of the Himalayas was one of the main pieces of evidence cited to advance the idea of plate tectonics when it was first proposed. The Himalayas continue to rise as a result of the colliding plates, geologists say.

A man being helped by literal God Almighty couldn't achieve the task of building a boat?

It's much more than just a man building a boat. But since you just brought up the boat building part I will restate this - The ark was roughly half the size of the Titanic. Ship building skills at that time couldn't pull it off. Additionally, Noah and his sons had no ship building skills at all. They could not have fallen the trees, gathered and created the lumber, and built the ark in the time allowed. By the time they got to a new section to work on, the previous section would have rotted away. It took 81 years to build the ark, and sections would have rotted away after just five years. Also the amount of pitch needed to cover the ark wasn't available. Not to mention the fact that Noah and his family were not wildlife experts and didn't know how to build cages proper for each animals special need.

Those are just some of the problems with the ship building aspect. I got into more problems in the opening post. Many more. So it's much more than just God helping a man build a boat. It's not that simple.

It's entirely possible to believe in God AND understand that the Biblical Noah Ark story is just a myth not to be read as literal fact. In fact, the story itself is insulting to God. God gets ticked off and destroys everything in order to destroy evil, but then evil pops right back up again. This means either God is incompetent or the story is just a myth and didn't happen.

edit on 10/6/2023 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 04:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
their has been evidence of a major flood happening by well-known geologists . I would hesitate to use the word "majority", yet that is a viable term that could be used.

There is evidence of a REGIONAL flood in the Middle East about 7,000 years ago.
There is no evidence of a world wide flood as described by the Bible in the Noahs Ark story.
As for the stories of floods ... here ya' go ...
PBS - Flood Myths from Around the World

edit on 10/6/2023 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 04:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
It also would explain the evidence for the bottleneck of past civilizations where just a few thousand were able to survive..

Berkeley.EDU
Interesting reading on bottlenecks through human history.

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
Yes and the high desert in South America there's thousands of shells of sea life that is taking place so something actually did happen and people save his locally for them the ark no even in Central America the treat people that live in Central America that's your life set something that happened and they explained of a big flood also.

It's PLATE TECHTONICS. No big flood 4,000 years ago.
The shells are millions of years old. Not 4,000 years old.

California has them too. read Here

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

I just love how 'rulers' invented religion based on fear.

The very first experiences we have that are fear based are usually from our parents trying to get us to behave. Thats when chupacabra will come and steal you away at night.

And Santa will leave rocks in your sock.

But it's evil government.

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Mornin'...in one of my books... The Explorer Club I believe....mentions a "pier" with walkway was found near the tops of the Grand Canyon....as tho there was water near the tops of mountains...

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: CoyoteAngels
I havent seen the reference in years, but I remember reading that the story in our DNA says that sometime in the past, humans were reduced to just a few thousands individuals. We nearly went extinct.

I immediately thought of the flood.

That was 75,000 years ago, and it's one of several proposed bottlenecks. Wikipedia on human genetic bottlenecks

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join