It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden approves new section of border wall as Mexico crossings rise

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Finally, a small step to give one border state a tiny bit of relief for a few months. Highlights how ignorant and short-sighted the DNC's open border policy is. And yes he broke another campaign to not build another foot of wall if elected.

If this administration lies or is too incompetent for the obvious problems for our country, how do we expect them to solve the more complex ones?

We can't...it's that simple. What else is the DNC wrong about?

www.bbc.com...

Apologies completely missed this earlier thread LOL I pulled a Biden...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

US President Joe Biden's administration is to build a section of border wall in southern Texas in an effort to stop rising levels of immigration.
Around 20 miles (32km) will be built in Starr County along its border with Mexico, where officials report high numbers of crossings.
Building a border wall was a signature policy of Donald Trump as president and fiercely opposed by Democrats.
In 2020, Mr Biden promised he would not build another foot of wall if elected.His administration passed a proclamation soon after taking office that said building a wall across the southern border "is not a serious policy solution".

In a statement to Associated News on Wednesday night, the US Customs and Border Protection defended the latest move, saying it was using funds already allocated for a border barrier.

"Congress appropriated fiscal year 2019 funds for the construction of border barrier in the Rio Grande Valley, and DHS is required to use those funds for their appropriated purpose," the statement said.

The rising number of illegal border crossings has made the issue a vulnerable one for the president.

More than 245,000 crossings have been made this year in the Rio Grande Valley area alone, government data shows, and September is expected to be a record month.

edit on 5-10-2023 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

I wonder whether AOC will crack a bottle of Bud Light on the wall for a photo op when the wall is christened and cry like a baby.

Me thinks she needs a Dylan.

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 07:40 AM
link   

I see this as pandering to the liberal base. Biden will pretend to work on the things that Democrats are now getting pretty vocal about, and forge ahead very slowly through the next year so everybody can pretend he's 'fixing' things.

I'm not sure how he's going to deal with the economy, though; telling us inflation is under control doesn't seem to be working anymore.

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Translated:
It is now affecting Democrats, so we better do something.

I say thank you to those, who sent migrants up north by the bus/plane loads.
Whatever it takes to get it done.

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Interesting that they welded the doors open on other sections

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Bannon stole at least $45 million from the Wall "fund"... and was convicted. What happened to that $ Bannon stole collecting for "Trump's" wall? He was convicted, rt?

Enquiring minds want to know....

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 08:33 AM
link   

He can’t unring that bell period!

It’s all about working Americans struggling while he sends taxpayer money to Ukraine to kill more people and create more enemies to the US; pays ridiculous amounts of money to house the immigrants in hotels.

God forbid this administration think about struggling Americans first.

If they had any clue how much money goes back to Mexico via western Union, they would realize their plan to have these immigrants come here, work and pay taxes to save SSI (cause the Dems took money from it) is a pipe dream. I guess they really just wanted a bigger voter base! Only the Uber rich can survive now, and the immigrants know it.

Most of my neighbors are being evicted, and have nowhere to go. It’s not that they don’t have jobs (well some do, not all); They cannot afford car payments and rent and childcare costs.

What a catastrophe this country has become under the Biden regime 👎🏻

edit on 5-10-2023 by KTemplar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 08:36 AM
link   

A wall won’t do a darn thing to those that are flying into our country…

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Bannon stole at least $45 million from the Wall "fund"... and was convicted. What happened to that $ Bannon stole collecting for "Trump's" wall? He was convicted, rt?

Come on mysterioustranger, hope all is well for you and yours BTW, but...

Im not pumping Trump here at all. Don't appreciate the implied "whataboutism"

This is FAILED DEMOCRATIC policy, period.

Not a fan of Trump and certainly do not want him as President in 2024, it will likely cause chaos and challenges our American society can't handle right now if ever. But he wasn't wrong about our open-border policy.

LOL don't worry you won't morph into a conservative if you admit this.

Here's who I will be voting for in 2024 and their thoughts on this issue.

nypost.com...

Democrat presidential contender Robert Kennedy Jr. on Sunday slammed President Biden’s immigration policy — asserting “we should have closed borders.”

In an interview with John Catsimatidis on WABC 7 The Cats Roundtable, Kennedy defended his view amid a worsening migrant crisis under the Biden administration.

“We should have closed borders, and we should expand immigration,” Kennedy said.

“It’s not racist or insensitive to say that we need to close our borders and have an orderly immigration policy. I would expand legal immigration to this country that’s orderly, that makes sense for our country, but also that our borders are impervious.”

According to Kennedy, children are being victimized “by these open-door policies” that have helped create a “humanitarian crisis” on the U.S.-Mexico border with fentanyl and other drugs flowing across.

“We have a crisis, and we need to close our border,” Kennedy said.

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

I see this as pandering to the liberal base. Biden will pretend to work on the things that Democrats are now getting pretty vocal about, and forge ahead very slowly through the next year so everybody can pretend he's 'fixing' things.

I'm not sure how he's going to deal with the economy, though; telling us inflation is under control doesn't seem to be working anymore.

No doubt it's so much more than a day late and a dollar short. It's a complete window-dressing attempt on the ever-widening border crisis. No doubt it's election-related. The border issue is huge in Texas, Arizona, and New Mexico, and it's not just about the Presidential election, they could lose a lot of congressional districts not only in the border states but in states where they are getting flooded with immigrants.

Every one of those border districts is under a huge stress now, I'll have to check but I'd bet the Arizona and Texas border districts might be in play if the election coincides with the Presidential election. Biden didn't really bring the down-ballot votes in 2020, It will likely be worse in 2024.

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 10:08 AM
link   
So according to Democrats, Biden is now a racist and everyone who voted for him is a racist.

Those are the rules ya'll set under the previous president. We warned you how brainless and silly that sort of thinking was at the time, so don't get mad at us.

How do ya'll feel about being racists?

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

This is such a slap in our faces.

Do NOT let them get away with this. Hang every piece of rusting section like an albatross around the admins neck.

Not one foot more of wall, Biden said during the debate.

I literally felt sick thinking of the human damage create by petulant children in the democrat party.

Screw these people and the donkeys they all road in on.

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Please be sure to let us all know the answers to those pressing questions.
Also let us know why a wall is a good idea now, but was a stupid thing to do before. Thanks in advance.

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Trump being elected would cause chaos? And what exactly do you call the situation we are in now?

If it is not chaos, what exactly is the proper words for it? It certainly is not stable prosperity.

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Nothing is going to be done, this just a cheap talk gesture of doing, by the time anything is put in motion biden will be out of the white house and 1b of illegals will be in the nation roaming the streets living on tax payers dollars, while multiplying into 10 more billion.

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Biden is rebuilding the same section of wall that he tore down and shipped away in 2021.

Worst president ever!

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Also let us know why a wall is a good idea now, but was a stupid thing to do before. Thanks in advance.

Personally, I'm not convinced a border wall was a terrific idea then or now as a practical matter even though I recognize that it has a lot of symbolic value for some people.

Here is an interesting article from the Libertarian CATO institute pointing out that Trump's border wall was a failure, in that the number of illegal entries per day went up pretty much in step with the number of miles completed.

www.cato.org...

"...the Trump border wall failed for all the predictable reasons. Immigrants used cheap ladders to climb over it, or they free climb it. They cut through small pieces and squeezed through, and they cut through big sections and drove through. In one small section in 2020, they sawed through at least 18 times that Border Patrol knew about in a month. They also made tunnels. Some tunnels were long, including the longest one ever discovered, but some were short enough just to get past the barrier.
The number of successful entries—that Border Patrol saw—more than doubled after the Trump border wall was constructed. The fence has failed to accomplish its stated purpose of stopping illegal entries. Citing some easily surveilled minor gaps here and there in the Trump design as the reason for this failure is just sticking your head in the sand to avoid seeing all the smugglers sawing through it."

I can't imagine that 20 miles of a "Biden Wall" is going to have very much practical effect.

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: 1947boomer

originally posted by: network dude

Personally, I'm not convinced a border wall was a terrific idea then or now as a practical matter even though I recognize that it has a lot of symbolic value for some people.

Here is an interesting article from the Libertarian CATO institute pointing out that Trump's border wall was a failure, in that the number of illegal entries per day went up pretty much in step with the number of miles completed.

www.cato.org...

"...the Trump border wall failed for all the predictable reasons. Immigrants used cheap ladders to climb over it, or they free climb it. They cut through small pieces and squeezed through, and they cut through big sections and drove through. In one small section in 2020, they sawed through at least 18 times that Border Patrol knew about in a month. They also made tunnels. Some tunnels were long, including the longest one ever discovered, but some were short enough just to get past the barrier.
The number of successful entries—that Border Patrol saw—more than doubled after the Trump border wall was constructed. The fence has failed to accomplish its stated purpose of stopping illegal entries. Citing some easily surveilled minor gaps here and there in the Trump design as the reason for this failure is just sticking your head in the sand to avoid seeing all the smugglers sawing through it."

I can't imagine that 20 miles of a "Biden Wall" is going to have very much practical effect.
info is from 2022 right? With open border policies in place.

So you’re going to have more ppl attempting to get in the country.

This isn’t rocket surgery.

DERP

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer
Own it

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Biden is rebuilding the same section of wall that he tore down and shipped away in 2021.

Worst president ever!

Worst supporters ever

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join