It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is definitely a Social Issue - Don't help Cyberstalkers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Cyberstalking is a Federal Offense.
18 U.S.C. § 2261A(2)

Don't help Cyberstalkers.

If you help someone who is Cyberstalking one of your Friends, you don't deserve Friends. If you help someone who is Cyberstalking a member of your Family, you don't deserve your Family.

Someone Smack-talking anyone you know on the Internet is a Cyberstalker. Someone getting you to Laugh at anyone you know on the Internet is a Cyberstalker. Someone getting you to Mistreat anyone you know on the Internet is a Cyberstalker. Someone getting you to Block anyone you know on the Internet is a Cyberstalker

If you are helping someone who is committing a crime, it's called Aiding and Abetting.

And you can go to jail.

Bad People get Stupid People to do their Dirty Work for them.

Don't be Stupid.
edit on 19-9-2023 by CryHavoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: CryHavoc
Wut just happened.

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: stevieray

Bedbugs.....

...clearly

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Whats smack-talking?

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

And the first to posts are away freely from the golden gates of ATS.

Where we don't just cover cyberstalking, we cover it up!

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 01:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Saloon

And the first to posts are away freely from the golden gates of ATS.

Where we don't just cover cyberstalking, we cover it up!

Well, yes, cyberstalking exists, it is against the law.

I think the OP covered that well.

Was this a nebulous topic?

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Was this a nebulous topic?

Negative infact it's becoming exponentially more clear my good member.

Cyberstalking bad

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cloudbuster
Whats smack-talking?

Exercising the 1st Amendment.

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 01:46 AM
link   
forget about it
edit on 19-9-2023 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Easy solution. Don't put yourself in a situation to have someone stalk you. Also just step back from any social media.

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I play hard to want, not hard to get.

Cyberstalkers. They never really want the attention a TRULY loyal fan can provide, lol.

a reply to: Stopstealingmycountry

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Who was it that hurt your feelz on the internet?

Are you going to adress Targeted Individuals too, that's more fun that being butthurt by other people's posts and call them cyberstalker...

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

Umm that makes you a weak person to do such a thing.
It is easy to not put one's self in a position to be bullied.
It actually takes effort to be the bully.
You do realize that doing so makes you just as guilty as the other?

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Stopstealingmycountry

to do such a thing.

doing so

Dude i haven't got a clue what your talking about... Doing what?

Are you talking about my personality, and your assessment on it is based on a post from an anonymous discussion board?

Pretty impressive, I hope you find yourself as funny as I do...

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 07:19 AM
link   

“ Someone getting you to Laugh at anyone you know on the Internet is a Cyberstalker. ”

So that’s comedy pretty much finished…

Someone call the cyber police a virtual crime might have happened.

Imagine people’s reactions when the next carrinton event happens.

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stopstealingmycountry

Easy solution. Don't put yourself in a situation to have someone stalk you. Also just step back from any social media.

Why should anyone have to change their life to avoid a cyberstalker or stop using social media?

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: CryHavoc

Someone Smack-talking anyone you know on the Internet is a Cyberstalker. Someone getting you to Laugh at anyone you know on the Internet is a Cyberstalker. Someone getting you to Mistreat anyone you know on the Internet is a Cyberstalker. Someone getting you to Block anyone you know on the Internet is a Cyberstalker

This is not logical and will be misused to help predators instead of victims. But then many soulless narcissist use the I am a victim card.

Lets say a friend (Friend_1) has a video of another friend (friend_2) beating her and rapping her.
There is 100% objective proof that it happened and it comes forward that he has done this to 10 other women.
You feel that friend_2 have proven to be an insane soulless one that deserve to to be dumped in a lower level hell dimension after this life is over due to the extreme bad karma.

With above rules it is not allowed to block friend_2 or ignore friend_2:s messages. You have to treat friend_2 friendly.

Disconnecting from people/ignoring is not stalking. You have to force interaction on the victim either by yourself or by proxy to stalk someone. You can define it as bullying but that depends on context.

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul
I just achieved perfect clarity.

This was simply a PSA.

Say no more. Move along to happiness.

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

originally posted by: Stopstealingmycountry

Why should anyone have to change their life to avoid a cyberstalker or stop using social media?

Some three letter agencies base entire careers on cyber stalking and if you KNOW they're going after you, then yeah, limiting your internet usage might be a good choice for certain particular situations or in general depending on your level of 'uh-oh'.

Just saying.

posted on Sep, 20 2023 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Wow! These are some interesting opinions.

But I guess I should clarify.

I had to turn someone over to Federal Authorities recently and I don't want to see that happen to anyone else.

The law I posted about in my opening thread had a link to the Federal law that covers both Stalking and Cyberstalking on a Federal level.

From that law:

with the intent to kill, injure, harass, intimidate, or place under surveillance with intent to kill, injure, harass, or intimidate another person, uses the mail, any interactive computer service, or electronic communication service, or electronic communication system of interstate commerce

Just because you don't believe that it's illegal, doesn't mean it's not illegal.

Everything I posted about what constitutes Cyberstalking are forms of Harassment or Indirect Harassment. Just blocking someone isn't the problem. Someone telling you to do it is the problem.

And people shouldn't have to give up anything because someone else is a problem. Don't punish the Target of the Crime.

Punish the Criminal.

There's a term that used to be said to describe someone helping someone else, usually not in a good way:

cat's-paw
as in pawn
one that is or can be used to further the purposes of another

Someone asked what 'smack-talk' is. Bad-mouthing someone, Sh!t-talking about someone, talking about someone behind their back, and so on...

The Internet isn't supposed to be a Grade School playground.
edit on 20-9-2023 by CryHavoc because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join