It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RICO act against STOP COP CITY! protesters

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 09:49 AM
link   
www.nytimes.com...

What do you all think about this? I'm not entirely opposed to the idea of a 'cop city' training ground, but at the same time I get where the protesters are coming from and I think the RICO act being brought against them should worry all of us...

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First.

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites;
*please post one or two paragraphs,
*a link to the entire story,
*AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Wed Sep 6 2023 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Sakiale

pay wall

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Sakiale

Ironic .... RICO charges against lawyer teams for representing clients shouldn't worry all of us more?

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 12:21 PM
link   
is this the same "cop city" where one of the protestors was shot like 40 times and killed by police?

Edit to apologize : it was 57 times

Climate activist killed
edit on 06pm301200000023 by datguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: datguy

he fired on the cops, they fired back. A 9mm registered to him was found at the scene. All in your source.

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Yeah...the scumbag POS weirdo liberal who opened fire on them. a reply to: datguy

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: CoyoteAngels

its also in the source that the autopsy revealed no GSR on his hands, and that further tests to reveal gunpowder have not bee released, and that its likely he was sitting with his hands raised when he was fired upon.....57 times with handguns and shotguns...57
I think its likely that after getting shot 57 times there might be some gunpowder on him somewhere, just not on his hands

its not illegal to own a gun, its just a health issue apparently

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 08:37 PM
link   

You did know a 12 gauge shotgun round contains up to 18 pellets.
Do the math .

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I'm sure the medical examiner took that into account when they wrote the report.
I didn't write the report.

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 08:56 AM
link   

so he pulled a 9mm on the cops, and they shot him

do you deny they found the gun that was registered to him at the scene?

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 12:45 PM
link   

I'm not denying, nor asserting anything, i wasn't there. The article states they recovered the revolver.
I only posted the article wondering if this OP was in reference to the same "cop city"

As I said previously its not illegal to own a gun, just bad for your health

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Another clue to that he didn't keep the gun concealed is that more than one cop fired, for him to have had so many holes in him.

Im wondering if it was just another suicide by cop?

eta; I read the source from CNN again. A cop was shot by the dude!

edit on 9/7/2023 by CoyoteAngels because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: CoyoteAngels

so he pulled a 9mm on the cops, and they shot him

do you deny they found the gun that was registered to him at the scene?

He shot a cop, hitting him in his vest. Then they shot him. If I remember this correctly, the majority of these people are not even from Georgia. Some of them are even from Europe and Canada.

It kind of reminds me of what happened in Pittsburgh a few years ago. A cop shot and killed a Black teenager. A group of people from the neighborhood requested that the State Police investigate it instead of the Local Police. A couple days later I'm at a Pirate game and was leaving early. I ran into a group that was protesting at the Home Plate entrance. I talked to several of them and I agreed with what they wanted. As I was leaving one of them asked which way I was heading home and I told him I-279 up through Cranberry. He said "Good. Don't go up Rt. 28. There's three coach busses of protesters that were brought in from Philly and New Jersey."

When I got home I was watching the news. The Home Plate entrance was closed due to the protest turning violent and there were people blocking some of the bridges. Looking back on it, I believe that it was a dress rehearsal for the Summer of 2020.

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

Georgia hit back at the left this week. 61 leftists charged with RICO for protests in Georgia, by the Georgia AG, not a lowly county DA. He's GOP.

This is a direct launch over Fani's bow. Or ample fanny as the case may be.

Time someone do something.

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 01:30 PM
link   

So you're admitting this is politically motivated?

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 01:42 PM
link   

so you made me look into it further, obviously not much I can do but read news articles.

From what I have read so far, the actual investigation is considered ongoing and the family is getting alot of pushback in attempts to gather information.

the CNN article makes the statement that the officers "claimed" he fired first. There was an office minorly injured, but during the investigation there are rumors that the injury was suffered by friendly fire in a crossfire. This is however from reports in regards to body cams that still haven't been released. in addition it was confirmed that the initial GSR tests failed to indicate any residue on the victims hands.

GBI last updated april 2023

‘Malice or ineptitude’: probe into police killing of eco-activist frustrates family

again, I wasn't there, this is just the information available
Seems to me like a lot of damage control, and now rico charges against "terrorist" climate protestors, how ironic....

Edit to add
a reply to: Gothmog

seems you were also correct here, as one of the articles language indicates that there were 57 wounds cause by at least 14 different shots fired
edit on 07pm30100000023 by datguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Threadbare

Im admitting my opinion is its a shot across the bow. I have no insider info, why is an 'admission' of some kind from me important to you?

Silly question.

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 02:10 PM
link   

So you believe this is politically motivated? If that's the case, why are you supporting it?

posted on Sep, 7 2023 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Are the indictments connected to this group of protests?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join