It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU Labels Anyone Calling For Peace A "Kremlin Propagandist"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Hmmm….

The EU’s Foreign Affairs Council usually calls for peace talks between the opposing parties in remote armed conflicts, but the opposite principle is applied toward the conflict between Russia and Ukraine, said Hungarian Minister of Foreign Affairs and Trade Péter Szijjártó while he was in Slovenia on Tuesday.

“Anyone who advocates an immediate ceasefire and peace talks is immediately condemned and branded a Russian spy, a Kremlin propagandist, a friend of Putin,” the minister said.

www.zerohedge.com...

What a bunch of BS.

I fly a NATO flag in front of my house, support the alliance, and as a US citizen I support our and NATOs interests as they are all wildly entangled and codependent.

However, I also want to see this proxy war end.

I can’t find the link, but, just the other day a US official was beaming with joy about how the Ukraine issue has depleted “only some” of the US inventory (and by extension, NATO) while cutting “Russias capability in half” - no source cited by the person who made the comment.

Now, im all for weakening China and Russia. But, I also don’t see the need for this war in Ukraine to continue. In fact, if we cut to the chase and hand over some of that land I can see multiple ways that play will benefit the alliance more than continuing the conflict.

I posted the other day about how the MIC is actually very central to the functioning western society, and the Ukraine conflict will fill the MIC coffers - the net of that is good for the long-term of NATO.

But, as it stands, I feel it’s time to stop the conflict in Ukraine. Just because some feel good about sending 10s of thousands of Ukrainian’s to their death, and not Americans, doesn’t mean it’s good.

I am no Putin supporter, much to the chagrin of the EUs foreign affairs counsel. Quite the opposite, actually.

This type of rhetoric will only serve to disenfranchise folks who are otherwise peaceful for saying it’s “time to quit”.

Nothing like living in a world where if you don’t support Trump, you must be a foaming at the mouth liberal, and if you would prefer a deadly conflict to end, you’re a “Russian sympathizer” because you don’t want to send hundreds of thousands of humans to their deaths.

Insanity.

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: VulcanWerks

In fact, if we cut to the chase and hand over some of that land I can see multiple ways that play will benefit the alliance more than continuing the conflict.

The thing is though, its not for 'us' to decide whether we should hand over some land to Russia.
Ukraine has been invaded and its Ukraine's decision to fight.

Handing over land would be rewarding an act of war and naked aggression.

Just because some feel good about sending 10s of thousands of Ukrainian’s to their death, and not Americans, doesn’t mean it’s good

No-one is 'sending Ukrainian's' to their deaths, they are volunteering to fight for their homeland that has been invaded by a foreign nation that is waging war against them.

.....and if you would prefer a deadly conflict to end, you’re a “Russian sympathizer” because you don’t want to send hundreds of thousands of humans to their deaths.

The easiest and quickest way for that to happen would be for Russian troops to withdraw to the previously recognised borders.

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 01:15 PM
link   

if we cut to the chase and hand over some of that land I can see multiple ways that play will benefit the alliance more than continuing the conflict.

If The US was invaded and the only solution for peace was to hand over American territory, would you agree to it ?

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 01:16 PM
link   

It would be interesting to see what he said in full not a selected snippet from an anonymous reporter

“Anyone who advocates an immediate ceasefire and peace talks

The only country that an immediate ceasefire would help is Russia , it would allow them to regroup their forces and strengthen their defences , peace talks have to be based on Russia withdrawing from Ukraine.

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Do you know who else does not support the war in Ukraine and has a chance to win? Trump.
Biden comes in and Russia goes into Ukraine, no coincidence there
, especially since the whole Zelensky, Burisma, Hunter, The big guy, and Trump phone call fiasco. Seems all connected doesn't it, probably because it is.
Anyone who thinks our official have the Ukrainians better interest in mind over their own personal investments are fooling themselves.

They want this war, I think they need this war to further their interest.

It all comes down to war, or no war?

Vote accordingly.

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Conceding to bullies never works. We can have peace when Russia returns to its recognized borders. Chambrlain said, "We have peace in our time." and we all know how that worked out. The only reason anyone is calling for peace is because Russia is losing. That would allow them to consolidate their position and impose their iron fist on their conquered territory. Screw that.

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

In fact, if we cut to the chase and hand over some of that land I can see multiple ways that play will benefit the alliance more than continuing the conflict.

The thing is though, its not for 'us' to decide whether we should hand over some land to Russia.
Ukraine has been invaded and its Ukraine's decision to fight.

Handing over land would be rewarding an act of war and naked aggression.

Just because some feel good about sending 10s of thousands of Ukrainian’s to their death, and not Americans, doesn’t mean it’s good

No-one is 'sending Ukrainian's' to their deaths, they are volunteering to fight for their homeland that has been invaded by a foreign nation that is waging war against them.

.....and if you would prefer a deadly conflict to end, you’re a “Russian sympathizer” because you don’t want to send hundreds of thousands of humans to their deaths.

The easiest and quickest way for that to happen would be for Russian troops to withdraw to the previously recognised borders.

Well put, it's odd some people think the West is somehow sending Ukrainian troops to fight. Believe me, even without any support from the West the Ukrainians would fight on.

The suggestions to give away parts of Ukrainian territory are nuts - firstly, it is not "ours" to give, secondly, it would mean rewarding the kremlin regime for their extraordinary brutality verging on genocide. This won't be allowed to happen.

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 01:41 PM
link   

You might have noticed the same insanity abides here on ATS.

S+F for sanity

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Is this from the EU? Seems to be what some Hungarian Minister is supposed to have said.

Oh, wait - the source is Tyler Durden.

Must be true, eh?

Good grief.

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

if we cut to the chase and hand over some of that land I can see multiple ways that play will benefit the alliance more than continuing the conflict.

If The US was invaded and the only solution for peace was to hand over American territory, would you agree to it ?

Not our problem.

Ukraine is not a NATO member (yet) and we set precedent by letting Crimea play out.

This is a Russia/Ukraine problem. We should be brokering peace and then admitted Ukraine to NATO stat.

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Not our problem.

You have no answer then ?

I will take it that you would not be prepared to give up American soil. So why should you suggest Ukraine give up theirs ?

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 02:22 PM
link   

... the opposing parties in remote armed conflicts, ...

They aren't 'opposing parties' and it's not an armed 'conflict'.
The Ukrainians are victims of an armed INVASION.
A conflict is when two parties don't get along.
An invasion is when one party goes into territory that isn't theirs and occupies it.

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Fine, but Ukraine has a say in this and surrendering and appeasing Putin ain't a good idea for them.

Appeasement? Then who'd be next on his list?

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I see the usual suspects are here ignoring a decade of Ukranian aggression towards eastern Ukranians.

Ukraine forfeit this land when they started bombing the people living there you stooges.

Congratulations on being some of the only remaining people NOT to actually do any of your own research into Ukraine.

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

I see the usual suspects are here ignoring a decade of Ukranian aggression towards eastern Ukranians.

You may have missed it, but the majority of eastern Ukraine voted for independence from Russia. Some of who didn't like the result decided to become terrorists.

Hope that clears that up for you.

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Speaking of usual suspects, I have yet to see your outrage and condemnation of these Russian neo Nazis. Why is that, I wonder?

www.newsweek.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Tyler Durden/ZeroHedge are not really making content themselves as far as I am aware. Usually they repost stuff from other sources in this case via REMIX NEWS as linked directly under Tyler Durden on the ZeroHedge page. REMIX NEWS in turn links to this article (Hungarian) on a site named man diner.hu

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Circle jerkers gonna circle jerk.

¯_(ツ)_/¯

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: MindBodySpiritComplex

Apparently, yes?

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 02:43 PM
link   

You mean these Ukrainians ?

Task Force ‘Rusich’ is a Russian paramilitary group which maintains links to Russian private military company Wagner Group, possibly operating as a sub-unit of Wagner. Task Force ‘Rusich’ is participating in combat alongside Russia’s military in the war of aggression against Ukraine. ‘Rusich’ has a long history of fighting alongside Russia-backed proxies in the Donbas region of Ukraine, and in 2015, ‘Rusich’ mercenaries were accused of, and filmed, committing atrocities against deceased and captured Ukrainian soldiers.
www.opensanctions.org...

Ukraine forfeit this land when they started bombing the people living there you stooges.

You're in 4 fingers pointing back at you territory there , if the stooge fits you're wearing it... or something like that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join