It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Peons are starting to Crack over The Price of Everything

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 09:27 AM
link   
It actually took longer than I thought but it’s happening. This is the whiplash of the Covid days, I think if there is another lockdown or mandated vaccine that will be the nail in the coffin. Maybe that is what they are counting on. Breaking people’s spirits, their finances, their families, their homes, any hope left?

People are now going on various social media sites. They are at the stage of almost pure hopelessness. They are beyond the stage of embarrassment, there are so many people feeling the same thing…

I saw one mother ask others how are they buying groceries and that she was very scared, so many others chimed in. I saw a young lady crying asking others if their life just about working and paying rent. Another was about transportation and the high costs. In my area I see more people begging online, for food, housing, shelter, jobs. Housing seems to be the worst of it. Starting to see more real life beggars too, which isn’t a common thing where I live.
I’ve noticed people selling off their “toys”, cars, antiques, furniture, and any junk they think they can make a few bucks on.

This is the start, they are going to come out of the floodgates now. I just learned of a friend that got an adjustable rate mortgage to do renovations…. My jaw dropped… Learned of another friend that couldn’t repair electricity in her room due to money issues. Stories for days. Another friends hot water heater broke and she couldn’t afford a repair so she went without hot water.

One thing I’ve noticed is that the grocery stores are stocked full, but there’s not a lot of shoppers……This is what happens during hyperinflation (many falsely believe it means no products) There are plenty of products, people just can’t afford them.

What is this OP? Just complaints about the state of the world? No, I hope that every little reminder sparks something to prepare you and your family for what is to come. I myself went through it in 2008, that left a mark on me that will never be forgotten…..Many of you also know what I’m talking about.
Don’t underestimate what is to come. Prepare the best you can. Read up on other times of financial collapse. They are all different, but have things in common. You’ll see history repeats.

Here is my advice, take it or leave it.
-Don’t be STUBBORN, if you need a second job or gig DO IT
-Don’t wait until things get real bad, get help sooner
-Don’t be to proud to accept Help
-Don’t be afraid to tell family/friend the truth, maybe they can help, maybe they will need your help
-Don’t think things won’t change, it is always changing and sometimes it’s very rapid
-Do learn new things, gardening, foraging, flipping things, what is valuable during down times and back on the way up
-Do learn to economize better, cooking from scratch (real scratch!!)
-Do realize you are not alone, many others have been what you are going through and will go through it after you
-Do learn the greatest most valuable treasure you can have is your HEALTH, that includes your mental health

Also never give up hope, there is always hope. It is so cliche but when one door closes, often another one will open, it’s so true. So no matter how bad it gets, remember we are resilient, we are strong.

edit on 30-8-2023 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Nice post. I began preparing 2 years ago. I have a second job. Both my daughter and son are now in college. So that second job comes in handy. I also have out off big purchases as well. Trying to save whenever I can but it’s difficult. Gas and food costs are what is my biggest challenge. a reply to: JAGStorm

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 09:56 AM
link   

If you ask me, this would be the perfect stage for something to be done in the people's favor.

A good idea, would be to NOT ask, hope, get additional jobs, cut back, or anything like that.

To the contrary - do nothing. Don't pay your exuberant mortgage and/or rent. Property taxes can go suck a tailpipe. Don't go to work. Don't drive anywhere. Do. Nothing. And I mean EVERYBODY - not just a few handfuls of people here and there, not a few hundred thousand, even. EVERYBODY.

If this is kept up for an entire solid week? The entire economy (and not just here) will come to a screeching halt and shut down. I bet my last $50 at that point, that Politicians and the businesses that fund them will listen to We The People.

Continuing to skirt by and do everything we can to manage does absolutely nothing but give those in control the idea that they can keep doing whatever the Hell they want with zero recourse.

Everybody that says "Oh, I can't afford that, I have to go to work and I can't afford this, that, or the other thing...." - Yeah, and? You can't afford what you're doing now. You seem to forget that.

I suppose it's all a fever dream though..... People could barely stand up at the grocery stores or their jobs during COVID, let alone accomplish something like this lol

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 09:57 AM
link   

The housing crisis in my area is beyond repair. I’m 5 months in looking for a home now. After multiple extensions from my landlord, I have to be out in 9 days with nowhere to go.

On a side note, isn’t it interesting that alcohol didn’t inflate whatsoever. They want us dumbed down and drinking our lives away on our couch.

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

The housing crisis in my area is beyond repair. I’m 5 months in looking for a home now. After multiple extensions from my landlord, I have to be out in 9 days with nowhere to go.

On a side note, isn’t it interesting that alcohol didn’t inflate whatsoever. They want us dumbed down and drinking our lives away on our couch.

My area is the same, there is not enough housing. The houses that do go up for sale are old and priced 4x what they are really worth (during normal times), BUT I noticed things aren’t moving right now. The mortgages are just too high.

There are only so many people that can pay 6,000 per month for a mortgage. Those that can, probably won’t. So where does that leave everyone?

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Don't worry, the upcoming war with Russia will take everyone's mind off all this little stuff.

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 10:51 AM
link   

I used to buy large jugs if olive oil, they've gone up in price about 12 dollars. I also haven't bought any cheese or at full price in probably two years because it's regular price is too damn high, so I just shop around for liquidation sales. Which then is only followed by a price hike.

Mom and pop restaurants are also getting cheaper than chain restaurants which is a sign things are getting expensive over all.
edit on 30-8-2023 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 11:05 AM
link   

I know exactly what you mean, lord have mercy the stores get busy during the EBT, retirement and SS time of the month.

Then everything is quiet and empty again.

Me and my husband are doing well, we knew this was coming and the worst is not here yet, my son and daughter are living well, I made sure they were prepared with job and education to stand anything heading their way.

The key is to be prepared.

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Just wait until this winter, with home heating costs.

My boss already figures we are going to have about double the people behind on their bills.

Hubby and I may be eating the same things over and over, but we will be eating well at least. Canning shelves are stocked and the freezer is full. Can help the son out with some food if need.

I do feel bad for people who do not have family to help them.

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
Just wait until this winter, with home heating costs.

My boss already figures we are going to have about double the people behind on their bills.

Hubby and I may be eating the same things over and over, but we will be eating well at least. Canning shelves are stocked and the freezer is full. Can help the son out with some food if need.

I do feel bad for people who do not have family to help them.

So good to hear that people are getting prepared. We can make it!
We can help others. I’m so proud of my kids. My daughter works TWO well paying jobs.
My son works in a very important industry that will only grow.

I have a feeling some of my friends are going through rough times but are keeping a brave face (especially the ones in real estate 😳) Others are hanging on by a string. I’ve made sure to tell them I am always here if they need anything. My neighbor and I have said the same thing to each other. I think we are all forming our alliances in a weird way. This is how everyone survives!

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Democrats will crack first. They've been screwed over the most.

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Other thing, homelessness is growing in the US an at alarming rate in the last years, is becoming a problem in every city in the nation, you can see them everywhere.

Sadly, many have mental problems and are hard to deal with.

Then is now beggars everywhere asking for money, mostly immigrants, the last time I went to Tallahassee they were in every light begging for money and they were from all kind of backgrounds.

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
Other thing, homelessness is growing in the US an at alarming rate in the last years, is becoming a problem in every city in the nation, you can see them everywhere.

Sadly, many have mental problems and are hard to deal with.

Then is now beggars everywhere asking for money, mostly immigrants, the last time I went to Tallahassee they were in every light begging for money and they were from all kind of backgrounds.

Where I live it isn’t immigrants, it’s just regular ol’ Americans begging. Lots of single moms and situations like that..Very sad.

I will say, the upper Midwest isn’t kind to the homeless due to our extreme weather. I have a feeling a lot of the homeless will migrate to warmer climates.
edit on 30-8-2023 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 11:49 AM
link   
If you are having financial issues with gathering survival preps, gather knowledge on the subject.

Try to get hooked up with others who would have the know-how like farmers, outdoors sportsmen, and naturalists.

Go to farmer's markets, both the small individual homestead markets or the bigger weekend ones and use cash to haggle and make deals.

Attend a church and get to know those folks.

Be a valuable asset by finding a product or service you can provide that meets the demands of a SHTF situation.

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

I had a dream 2 or 3 months ago that I saw a nuke hitting Houston.

I generally don't put any stock in dreams, but it was pretty wild.

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
Another friends hot water heater broke and she couldn’t afford a repair so she went without hot water.

During the recent heat wave I noticed 1/3 to 1/2 of the vehicles out there driving with the windows open. Don’t think they were doing it to enjoy the humidity.

But even that is a luxury. Keeping one’s residence from freezing this winter isn’t an option.

edit on 30-8-2023 by gb540 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

I beg to differ. Cans that used to be 24 oz for like $3.5 are now 19 oz for like $3.5. they are cutting down on sizes just like the grocery stores are on bags of chips and boxes of cereal etc.

Edit to say I hope you can get your housing situation sorted soon!
edit on 30/8/2023 by chris_stibrany because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: dothedew

If you ask me, this would be the perfect stage for something to be done in the people's favor.

A good idea, would be to NOT ask, hope, get additional jobs, cut back, or anything like that.

To the contrary - do nothing. Don't pay your exuberant mortgage and/or rent. Property taxes can go suck a tailpipe. Don't go to work. Don't drive anywhere. Do. Nothing. And I mean EVERYBODY - not just a few handfuls of people here and there, not a few hundred thousand, even. EVERYBODY.

If this is kept up for an entire solid week? The entire economy (and not just here) will come to a screeching halt and shut down. I bet my last $50 at that point, that Politicians and the businesses that fund them will listen to We The People.

Continuing to skirt by and do everything we can to manage does absolutely nothing but give those in control the idea that they can keep doing whatever the Hell they want with zero recourse.

Everybody that says "Oh, I can't afford that, I have to go to work and I can't afford this, that, or the other thing...." - Yeah, and? You can't afford what you're doing now. You seem to forget that.

I suppose it's all a fever dream though..... People could barely stand up at the grocery stores or their jobs during COVID, let alone accomplish something like this lol

If every person on the planet followed your advice for a month of Sunday's I don't believe it would end in the way you envision.

The 1% have all the resources they need to continue on enjoying their lifestyle while the 99% foolishly starve themselves.

Old-timers call that 'cutting your nose off to spite your face'.

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany
a reply to: KKLOCO

I beg to differ. Cans that used to be 24 oz for like $3.5 are now 19 oz for like $3.5. they are cutting down on sizes just like the grocery stores are on bags of chips and boxes of cereal etc.

Edit to say I hope you can get your housing situation sorted soon!

You’re absolutely right. I forgot to exclude beer in my statement. Beer has become a joke here, $13 for a six pack of domestic crap. It’s wine and hard liquor that have not increased.

Thank you! Me too! This has almost been as stressful as my divorce.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join