It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Men Play in Womens Sports? White House Dodges the Question saying it's 'Complicated'.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

originally posted by: BernnieJGato
a reply to: quintessentone

Neuroscience studies have results that explain this phenomenon beyond question.

wrong at best it is questionable, here is a one study,

Although the evidence is presently inconsistent, it suggests that while the brain structure, at least before hormonal treatment, is more similar to sex assigned at birth, it may shift with hormonal treatment. By contrast, on “sex-stereotypical tasks,” brain function may already be more similar to gender identity in transgender persons, also before receiving gender-affirming hormone treatment. However, studies continue to be limited by small sample sizes and new initiatives are needed to further elucidate the neurobiology of a ‘brain gender’ (sex-dimorphic change according to one’s gender).

Neuroscience in transgender people: an update

Yes, that study does not state the brain structure MRI shows any transgendered changes during fetal development but on a cis brain and resulting effects with hormone treatment.

What's a cis brain, do you mean a normal brain against an abnormal transgender brain?

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 09:06 AM
link   

edit on 30-8-2023 by Cwantas because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 09:07 AM
link   

The new trans supporters and pushers agenda, the neuroscience cult to make more sense to themselves when they start questioning the choice they make, no worries is backed by neuroscience.

I think is more tasty if you just drink the koolaid.

Do you even stop and think the horrible damage been cause to children and teens thanks to the New trans fad?

Never mind I be you do not care.

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cwantas

originally posted by: FlyersFan

The Christian right bandwagon thoughts can never be disregarded when discussing topics such as these.

That's your 'woke tolerance' showing again. Nothing about this speaks to 'christian right bandwagon'. This is about the BIDEN ADMINISTRATION refusing to answer a simple yes or no question. And it is very simple. Can men play against women or not, yes or no. They refuse to answer. Typical politicians.

Am I awake, yes, and that is the correct term.

They did answer, it's complicated and it is complicated because it has to do with when transitioning started (before puberty) and how that affected the person's physical state before after puberty. Not only that but each specific sport utilizes different physical attributes, which, may or may not have been retained by the transperson.

These are the complications that need to be investigated and if it is found that any physical advantages have been 'carried over' then I agree that this is an advantage over others and that person should be disqualified.

Children don't transition into anything especially before puberty, children play at life because they have no concept of it, they just soak up their environment, so when you consider that schools are actively encourage vulnerable children that haven't developed any concept of themselves or their environment to transition, can you see that at best it's short sighted and immature, and at worst evil?

Generalizations won't get us anywhere.
edit on q00000007831America/Chicago3131America/Chicago8 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Although the evidence is presently inconsistent, it suggests that while the brain structure, at least before hormonal treatment, is more similar to sex assigned at birth, it may shift with hormonal treatment. By contrast, on “sex-stereotypical tasks,” brain function may already be more similar to gender identity in transgender persons, also before receiving gender-affirming hormone treatment. However, studies continue to be limited by small sample sizes and new initiatives are needed to further elucidate the neurobiology of a ‘brain gender’ (sex-dimorphic change according to one’s gender).

Yes, that study does not state the brain structure MRI shows any transgendered changes during fetal development but on a cis brain and resulting effects with hormone treatment.

What's a cis brain, do you mean a normal brain against an abnormal transgender brain?

There is no normal or abnormal, just a toss of the DNA dice in that regards.

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Yes there is, an abnormal brain would believe they are of a different sex to the sex they were born, a normal brain wouldn't, so does a cis brain constitute a normal brain?

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I swear it’s like talking to a flat-earther!

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

The new trans supporters and pushers agenda, the neuroscience cult to make more sense to themselves when they start questioning the choice they make, no worries is backed by neuroscience.

I think is more tasty if you just drink the koolaid.

Do you even stop and think the horrible damage been cause to children and teens thanks to the New trans fad?

Never mind I be you do not care.

Of course I consider the kids being swept up in the psychology and the confusion of it all. Everyone is confused about this phenomenon and I choose to look to science for answers and that science is ever evolving. Schools need to work with parents and professionals and not in a vacuum.

We all agree here that surgeries on minor children should be banned.

What we disagree on are taking away an individual's constitution rights/access to certain types of healthcare for minors where medical experts (the actual people who work with transgender children daily) say the rewards outweigh the risks - and don't fool yourselves, there are risks involved with a very small fraction of these children. You can't leave them alone when they are in crisis.

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I swear it’s like talking to a flat-earther!

I know, I feel the same.

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 09:15 AM
link   

The Christian right bandwagon thoughts can never be disregarded when discussing topics such as these.

That's your 'woke tolerance' showing again. Nothing about this speaks to 'christian right bandwagon'. This is about the BIDEN ADMINISTRATION refusing to answer a simple yes or no question. And it is very simple. Can men play against women or not, yes or no. They refuse to answer. Typical politicians.

They did answer, it's complicated and it is complicated because it has to do with when transitioning started (before puberty) and how that affected the person's physical state before after puberty. Not only that but each specific sport utilizes different physical attributes, which, may or may not have been retained by the transperson.

These are the complications that need to be investigated and if it is found that any physical advantages have been 'carried over' then I agree that this is an advantage over others and that person should be disqualified.

Children don't transition into anything especially before puberty, children play at life because they have no concept of it, they just soak up their environment, so when you consider that schools are actively encourage vulnerable children that haven't developed any concept of themselves or their environment to transition, can you see that at best it's short sighted and immature, and at worst evil?

Who's generalising? children play at life until they reach an age where they don't, that's why they're targeted so young in regards to transitioning, like I said it's short sighted and immature at best to be encouraging children to transition, evil at worst.

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Who's generalising? children play at life until they reach an age where they don't, that's why they're targeted so young in regards to transitioning, like I said it's short sighted and immature at best to be encouraging children to transition, evil at worst.

Some children play at life others suffer crisis.

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 09:16 AM
link   

post something that backs your claims, and i bet you dollars to doughnut the conclusions will be the same XX female and that XY XXY are male. before hormone or surgical transitioning. or that it's a mental defect of some sort. it's still a medical fact that XX XY and XXY are what science have always said, having a imbalance or psychological tendencies does not change your psychical make up.

until science comes up with a proven classification for transgenderism in genetics it still stands.
edit on 30-8-2023 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Yes there is, an abnormal brain would believe they are of a different sex to the sex they were born, a normal brain wouldn't, so does a cis brain constitute a normal brain?

Again, you can disagree but it's a DNA toss of the dice.

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 09:17 AM
link   

post something that backs your claims, and i bet you dollars to doughnut the conclusions will be the same XX female XY and that XY XXY are male. before hormone or surgical transitioning. or that it's a mental defect of some sort. it's still a medical fact that XX XY and XXY are science have always said, having a imbalance or psychological does not change your psychical make up.

until science comes up with a proven classification for transgenderism in gentics it still stands.

Sure go with that because it makes you feel secure.

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 09:20 AM
link   

You you brains tell all kind of tales.. some are true some are not.

Neuroscience of lying
Brainworldmagazine

So you prefer neuroscience over biological science ?..

What neuroscience say about brain development ? It says brains are matured to age 25 or so, in childhood brains are learning mental and social skills, this is the typical time of role playing ( princess, sheriff etc ) . Neuroscience also says that age of childhood up to 16 years are vunerable to all kind of issues which are around them. 16 years old start developing abstract thinking...

CHILD IS A CHILD not an adult, Do not train child to be something else let him/her learn that on their own. This only leads to mental breakdown in some point.
My cousin is a gay, my aunt knew all the time that he is diffenrent from her other sons, she let him grow in his own terms. Even my cousin does not like this Hype what is going on.. why ? Because it is forced.

Shame on you !

edit on 30-8-2023 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I know what is all about DB, but is actually fun listening to the reasoning, you just wonder why the trans agenda is been pushed soo much, I guess you need a mantra to remind yourself why you made wrong decisions.

Now the new goal is to try to make babies gender neutral and let them choose what they want to be later on, a girl or a boy, regardless of the life of horrors with surgical procedures in order to get the goal.

hell no, is all about the agenda.

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 09:22 AM
link   

deflection, i'm talking science which you stated is what you rely on and can't prove.

edit on 30-8-2023 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka

You you brains tell all kind of tales.. some are true some are not.

Neuroscience of lying
Brainworldmagazine

So you prefer neuroscience over biological science ?..

What neuroscience say about brain development ? It says brains are matured to age 25 or so, in childhood brains are learning mental and social skills, this is the typical time of role playing ( princess, sheriff etc ) . Neuroscience also says that age of childhood up to 16 years are vunerable to all kind of issues which are around them. 16 years old start developing abstract thinking...

CHILD IS A CHILD not an adult, Do not train child to be something else let him/her learn that on their own. This only leads to mental breakdown in some point.
My cousin is a gay, my aunt knew all the time that he is diffenrent from her other sons, she let him grow in his own terms. Even my cousin does not like this Hype what is going on.. why ? Because it is forced.

Shame on you !

You picked a source specifically that caters to your bias.

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Yes. And the research says it's still biological and the brain can be shaped to any gender you want. You haven't shown otherwise.

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 09:25 AM
link   

deflection, i'm talking science which you stated is what you relay on and can't prove.

Science is my first go to for understanding, not bias and getting on the Christian 'looking only below the waist' bandwagon.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join