It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Men Play in Womens Sports? White House Dodges the Question saying it's 'Complicated'.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

Not only am I tolerant but also look for the science and fairness in all things. Can you say the same? Well you say potatoe and the government and the majority of the world's population say potato.

genetic science says that XX equals female, XY equals male. observational science pretty much says the same. if you have a natural (not something that's been sown on) swinging dick hanging down between your legs and put you hands on your hips while you take a leak your a male, if you have a natural (not something that's be cut off) split tail and squat to pee, your a female.

feelz, hormonal abnormalities, or just think it would be cool will not ever change that. it's XX or XY. hell they even consider XXY to be male.
it's really that simple.

but hey i'm all for freedom if you want to pretend this, that or the other fine, don't expect me to support your wanting force the rest of the us to pretend with you. don't expect everybody else cater to your to your inability to adjust to reality, fantasies and bend to over to your will in social interactions.
edit on 30-8-2023 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 08:42 AM
link   

If a person has Y chromosome is that person Boy or a Girl ? What does science say ?

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Moving the goal posts I see. You said the majority of Americans supported trans for minors, you said nothing about laws.

....and I'm still waiting for a reply as to treating them as adults.

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: BernnieJGato

Not only am I tolerant but also look for the science and fairness in all things. Can you say the same? Well you say potatoe and the government and the majority of the world's population say potato.

genetic science says that XX equals female, XY equals male. observational science pretty much says the same. if you have a natural (not something that's been sown on) swinging dick hanging down between your legs and put you hands on your hips while you take a leak your a male, if you have a natural (not something that's be cut off) split tale and squat to pee, your a female.

feelz, hormonal abnormalities, or just think it would be cool will ever change that. it's XX or XY. helll they even consider XXY to be male.
it's really that simple.

but hey i'm all for for freedom if you want to pretend this, that or the other fine, don't expect me to support your wanting force the rest of the us to pretend with you. don't expect everybody else cater to your in to your inability to adjust to reality and bend to over to your will in social interactions

Neuroscience studies have results that explain this phenomenon beyond question.

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka

If a person has Y chromosome is that person Boy or a Girl ? What does science say ?

Neuroscience says the brain tells the tale.

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

Moving the goal posts I see. You said the majority of Americans supported trans for minors, you said nothing about laws.

....and I'm still waiting for a reply as to treating them as adults.

I didn't say that implied that votes did the talking about LGBTQ rights, you interpreted in your own special way.

Treating whom as adults?

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

You didn't answer the question.

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

You didn't answer the question.

What does that person's brain MRI tell us?

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 08:53 AM
link   

well.... akshulally...

As the many studies the author reports on depict, your brain isn't much drawn toward chaos. Or complexity, or ambiguity. It's much happier taking the path of, well, least reflection. In a word, it's rather lazy—

So though sometimes it's safe (and may even be advisable) to give in to your brain's inborn predilections, at other times mindlessly following these preferences can get you into serious trouble. It can lead you to be deluded, deceived, defrauded, duped—you name it. And in certain instances, not actively challenging your automatic assumptions and prejudices can be fatal.

You're brain does whatever it can get away with and tells "whatever story" you'll listen to.

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Wrong, the brain can never forget what the body is, you can call yourself a male or female, even if is not your biological sex, but the brain no matter what will make sure your body perform for the sex it was born with.

If the brain was the one to control the body biological make over, you will not need hormones, mutilations or endless surgeries to resemble the opposite sex.

And not we are not even near to the point that a male or female can change their sex and be normal, that will require genetic tampering.

Is a reason why most people that goes trans later regret their decisions, is a reason why now suicides are in the rise within this new group of individuals, the brain never, ever forget the biological makeover of the body.

BTW I did my college thesis in chromosomic variations, yep many years ago, but things have not changed much since then.

link   

wrong at best it is questionable, here is a one study,

Although the evidence is presently inconsistent, it suggests that while the brain structure, at least before hormonal treatment, is more similar to sex assigned at birth, it may shift with hormonal treatment. By contrast, on “sex-stereotypical tasks,” brain function may already be more similar to gender identity in transgender persons, also before receiving gender-affirming hormone treatment. However, studies continue to be limited by small sample sizes and new initiatives are needed to further elucidate the neurobiology of a ‘brain gender’ (sex-dimorphic change according to one’s gender).

Neuroscience in transgender people: an update

edit on 30-8-2023 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: oddscreenname

well.... akshulally...

As the many studies the author reports on depict, your brain isn't much drawn toward chaos. Or complexity, or ambiguity. It's much happier taking the path of, well, least reflection. In a word, it's rather lazy—

So though sometimes it's safe (and may even be advisable) to give in to your brain's inborn predilections, at other times mindlessly following these preferences can get you into serious trouble. It can lead you to be deluded, deceived, defrauded, duped—you name it. And in certain instances, not actively challenging your automatic assumptions and prejudices can be fatal.

You're brain does whatever it can get away with and tells "whatever story" you'll listen to.

That's general psychology I am referring to neuroscience studies specifically on transgendered brains.

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 08:56 AM
link   

What does that person's brain MRI tell us?

That it was built by X and Y Chromosomes.

This is very simple. It is a simple question. Can a MAN play in a WOMANs sport. Yes or no? The Biden Whitehouse dodged the question like politicians do. Refused to answer it. They want the womens vote and the LGBTQ vote.

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 08:58 AM
link   

The rational part of a teen's brain isn't fully developed and won't be until age 25 or so. In fact, recent research has found that adult and teen brains work differently. Adults think with the prefrontal cortex, the brain's rational part.

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

The rational part of a teen's brain isn't fully developed and won't be until age 25 or so. In fact, recent research has found that adult and teen brains work differently. Adults think with the prefrontal cortex, the brain's rational part.

The neuroscience focuses on fetal brain development as pertains to transgendered people.

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Wrong, the brain can never forget what the body is, you can call yourself a male or female, even if is not your biological sex, but the brain no matter what will make sure your body perform for the sex it was born with.

If the brain was the one to control the body biological make over, you will not need hormones, mutilations or endless surgeries to resemble the opposite sex.

And not we are not even near to the point that a male or female can change their sex and be normal, that will require genetic tampering.

Is a reason why most people that goes trans later regret their decisions, is a reason why now suicides are in the rise within this new group of individuals, the brain never, ever forget the biological makeover of the body.

BTW I did my college thesis in chromosomic variations, yep many years ago, but things have not changed much since then.

Wrong, do some neuroscience research specifically in transgendered fetal brain development and subsequent mind/body results.

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: BernnieJGato

wrong at best it is questionable, here is a one study,

Although the evidence is presently inconsistent, it suggests that while the brain structure, at least before hormonal treatment, is more similar to sex assigned at birth, it may shift with hormonal treatment. By contrast, on “sex-stereotypical tasks,” brain function may already be more similar to gender identity in transgender persons, also before receiving gender-affirming hormone treatment. However, studies continue to be limited by small sample sizes and new initiatives are needed to further elucidate the neurobiology of a ‘brain gender’ (sex-dimorphic change according to one’s gender).

Neuroscience in transgender people: an update

Yes, that study does not state the brain structure MRI shows any transgendered changes during fetal development but on a cis brain and resulting effects with hormone treatment.

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

The Christian right bandwagon thoughts can never be disregarded when discussing topics such as these.

That's your 'woke tolerance' showing again. Nothing about this speaks to 'christian right bandwagon'. This is about the BIDEN ADMINISTRATION refusing to answer a simple yes or no question. And it is very simple. Can men play against women or not, yes or no. They refuse to answer. Typical politicians.

Am I awake, yes, and that is the correct term.

They did answer, it's complicated and it is complicated because it has to do with when transitioning started (before puberty) and how that affected the person's physical state before after puberty. Not only that but each specific sport utilizes different physical attributes, which, may or may not have been retained by the transperson.

These are the complications that need to be investigated and if it is found that any physical advantages have been 'carried over' then I agree that this is an advantage over others and that person should be disqualified.

Children don't transition into anything especially before puberty, children play at life because they have no concept of it, they just soak up their environment, so when you consider that schools are actively encourage vulnerable children that haven't developed any concept of themselves or their environment to transition, can you see that at best it's short sighted and immature, and at worst evil?

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 09:04 AM
link   

That's general psychology I am referring to neuroscience studies specifically on transgendered brains.

So their brains ARE different? As in, a 'curable' condition. Or a abnormal disorder? Sounds homophobic to me.

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: oddscreenname

So their brains ARE different? As in, a 'curable' condition. Or a abnormal disorder? Sounds homophobic to me.

Yes their brains are different. Are you incapable of doing your own research on this topic?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join