It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missouri IS Protecting Children effective August 28th 2023

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2023 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: datguy
Some sanity prevails in the heart of the Nation!

On August 7th 2023, Missouri Governor Mike Parson (R) signed into law Senate Bill 49

Otherwise known as the "Missouri Save Adolescents from Experimentation (SAFE) Act"

The bill, intorduces on January 4th 2023 by State Senator Mike Moon (R)
and Co-Sponsored by 18 Other State Senators (all Republicans), seeks to prevent Healthcare providers from performing gender transition surgeries on any minor. In addition, and effective until August 28th 2027, no healthcare provider may issue drugs to a minor for the intent of such surgeries.
S.B. 49 summary
S.B. 49 Full Text PDF

This act establishes the "Missouri Save Adolescents from Experimentation (SAFE) Act". Under this act, no health care provider shall perform gender transition surgeries on any minor. Until August 28, 2027, no health care provider shall prescribe or administer cross-sex hormones or puberty-blocking drugs to a minor for a gender transition, unless such minor was receiving such treatment prior to August 28, 2023.

A violation of these provisions shall be considered unprofessional conduct and shall result in the revocation of the health care provider's professional license. Additionally, the prescription or administration of cross-sex hormones or puberty-blocking drugs to a minor for a gender transition shall be grounds for a cause of action against the health care provider, as described in the act.

As you can read, this bill does not effect patients who are currently using said drugs and therapies. In addition it does not effect current or future patients who may require such attention due to medical disorder, illness, infection, disease or other such life threatening circumstance

Finally the Bill also forbids the Missouri HealthNet Program from using public funds for such treatments.

On the same day the Governor also signed into law S.B. 39 which "Establishes guidelines for student participation in athletic contests organized by sex"

This act prohibits a private school, public school district, public charter school, or public or private institution of postsecondary education from allowing any student to compete in an athletic competition that is designated for the biological sex opposite to the student's biological sex as stated on the student's official birth certificate or other government record as described in the act.

Both bills were passed by a large 2/3rds majority in both the Senate and House Legislatures

Already the Media and other organizations have spun this story and tried to demonize the Governor and the legislative members who have passed these common sense laws

Missouri lawmakers pass gender-affirming care ban for minors and anti-trans sports bill
Missouri legislature passes restrictions on transgender health care and sports participation
Human Rights Campaign Condemns Missouri Governor Mike Parson for Signing Two Anti-Trans Bans Into Law

Spouting BS oxymoron's like "gender affirming" and attempting to insinuate that sexual exploitation of minors is a "right", some of these groups have filed lawsuits against the legislation.

In the end, I hope the children are the main concern in any legislation and I hope that any judge will defend them against the cruelty, sexual mutilations and exploitation that is running rampant across the country (the world), as is the intent of S.B. 49.

Great news!

posted on Aug, 27 2023 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: greendust

a reply to: datguy

Who’s making these decisions?

Politicians.

Who makes decisions in your state? I guess laws just magically appear there?

Parents of children in need of specific medical care.

Cross sex hormones, puberty 'blockers, and body part mutilations, are not medical healthcare.

posted on Aug, 27 2023 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: AlienBorg

It's up for a likely veto.

posted on Aug, 27 2023 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

Twice in this thread you have mislead people stating that this is going to get vetoed

1) the law in Missouri goes into effect in a few hours, it has already been passed by the governor

2) the article you linked to in order to provide this information is from North Carolina.

posted on Aug, 27 2023 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Twice in this thread you have mislead people stating that this is going to get vetoed

1) the law in Missouri goes into effect in a few hours, it has already been passed by the governor

2) the article you linked to in order to provide this information is from North Carolina.

edit to add more:
3) North Carolina S.B. 49, also know as the "Parents bill of rights" was passed into law on August 16th
North Carolina S.B. 49

SESSION LAW 2023-106
really, it is just more good news

im doubling down on this, stop spreading mis information
edit on 27pm31800000023 by datguy because: (no reason given)

edit on 27pm31800000023 by datguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2023 @ 08:32 PM
link   

One of the reasons for the increase in Autism is the “umbrella” grew larger to accommodate those who flew under the radar before.

High functioning is kind of newish.

Sexuality does the whole spectrum.

Weaving my way back to transgender.

Here’s an interesting article: Transgender and nonbinary people are up to six times more likely to have autism.

www.npr.org...#:~:text=People%20who%20are% 20transgender%20or,who%20live%20at%20this%20intersection.

posted on Aug, 27 2023 @ 08:33 PM
link   

edit to add more:
3) North Carolina S.B. 49, also know as the "Parents bill of rights" was passed into law on August 16th
North Carolina S.B. 49

SESSION LAW 2023-106
really, it is just more good news

im doubling down on this, stop spreading mis information

I apologize, it was an honest mistake.

Upon further correct searching about this bill:

Americans believe the amount of anti-LGBTQ+ legislation is excessive, agreeing it is “political theater.” Likely voters across all political parties look at GOP efforts to flood state legislatures with anti-LGBTQ+ legislation as political theater. Recent polling indicates that 64% of all likely voters, including 72% of Democrats, 65% of Independents, and 55% of Republicans think that there is “too much legislation” aimed at “limiting the rights of transgender and gay people in America” (Data For Progress survey of 1,220 likely voters, 3/24-26, 2023).

www.hrc.org... irming-care-bans

posted on Aug, 27 2023 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Thank you for that input, as much as I hate reading transcripts (I always get the voices wrong...), it was a good insight into autism, not gender. The gender/trans aspects are there but not the main point, except that the narrator wanted it to be.

I would bet a lot that if you met those people in real life, you would not know they were autistic and they would not speak about their sexuality unless prompted to, though I have been know to be wrong.

I feel like the idea that autism can amplify certain feelings and expressions is being used incorrectly here.
I feel like the articles title was supposed to be "Autistic individuals are 6 times more likely to be trans and nonbinary"
In context it makes more sense.

posted on Aug, 27 2023 @ 08:51 PM
link   

One of the reasons for the increase in Autism is the “umbrella” grew larger to accommodate those who flew under the radar before.

Here’s an interesting article: Transgender and nonbinary people are up to six times more likely to have autism.

www.npr.org...#:~:text=People%20who%20are% 20transgender%20or,who%20live%20at%20this%20intersection.

Interesting article and there is still so much to discover.

posted on Aug, 27 2023 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

Interesting article and there is still so much to discover.

YES

posted on Aug, 27 2023 @ 08:55 PM
link   

its funny that none of the legislation presented in this thread "limits the rights" of gay people anywhere.

and your link doesnt work

im really starting to think that you think we dont check links, maybe that works in other threads but not mine

posted on Aug, 27 2023 @ 09:00 PM
link   

its funny that none of the legislation presented in this thread "limits the rights" of gay people anywhere.

and your link doesnt work

im really starting to think that you think we dont check links, maybe that works in other threads but not mine

It worked well enough for me to cut and paste from it, but here it is again. If you can't link to it go to the hrc site and just put in the search words Bill 49, it will be there.

working on it.

www.hrc.org... irming-care-bans

Just google Bill 49 Missouri hrc.org and it will come up. Not sure why the hrc.org site is not linking.

More from the news release:

Human Rights Campaign State Legislative Director and Senior Counsel Cathryn Oakley released the following statement:

“The passage of these bills continues the sustained attack on transgender youth by the State of Missouri. These bills knowingly inflict harm on Missouri’s young people while rejecting the facts and failing to address any legitimate government interest. Harming actual transgender children and teens simply because the legislature can do so is a shameful abuse of power. Missouri stands on the wrong side of history today, but the fight for equality isn’t over. LGBTQ+ people will not be pushed into the shadows.”
Earlier this month the Biden Administration issued proposed rules affirming that Title IX protects transgender students from discrimination in athletics and that state laws banning participation of transgender athletes are violations of federal law.

edit on q00000011831America/Chicago1818America/Chicago8 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2023 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Is this the one?
Human Rights Campaign Condemns Missouri House of Representatives for Passing Anti-Transgender Sports and Gender-Affirming Care Bans

I hope so because the information I wanted to see was in regards to the survey information you quoted
1) This survey of 1,327 people hardly represents any % of America and oh btw, they had to be 18 or older to take the survey...
2) the second source for the information you cited comes from this study:
Majorities of Americans Approve of Citizens and Elected Officials Speaking Their Minds on Politics, but Not Public School Teachers
in which ONLY faculty and students from Grinnell College were surveyed over 4 years, again, hardly any % of Americans and there is absolutely ZERO information in the Grinnell study regarding transgender anything so how the HRC managed to come up with their statistics is beyond me.
They simply cooked the books, this is worse than plagiarism, just stop

posted on Aug, 27 2023 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Is this the one?
Human Rights Campaign Condemns Missouri House of Representatives for Passing Anti-Transgender Sports and Gender-Affirming Care Bans

I hope so because the information I wanted to see was in regards to the survey information you quoted
1) This survey of 1,327 people hardly represents any % of America and oh btw, they had to be 18 or older to take the survey...
2) the second source for the information you cited comes from this study:
Majorities of Americans Approve of Citizens and Elected Officials Speaking Their Minds on Politics, but Not Public School Teachers
in which ONLY faculty and students from Grinnell College were surveyed over 4 years, again, hardly any % of Americans and there is absolutely ZERO information in the Grinnell study regarding transgender anything so how the HRC managed to come up with their statistics is beyond me.
They simply cooked the books, this is worse than plagiarism, just stop

Isn't the most important issue here the wellbeing and health of the youth? (from the hrc.org link)

December 14, 2021 — Researchers at The Trevor Project, the world’s largest suicide prevention and crisis intervention organization for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer & questioning (LGBTQ) young people, today published a new peer-reviewed study in the Journal of Adolescent Health that found gender-affirming hormone therapy (GAHT) is significantly related to lower rates of depression, suicidal thoughts, and suicide attempts among transgender and nonbinary youth. These findings underscore the need to expand access to best-practice, gender-affirming medical care, as is currently prescribed by doctors across the country and recommended by the major medical and mental health associations.

The article, titled “Association of Gender-Affirming Hormone Therapy with Depression, Thoughts of Suicide, and Attempted Suicide among Transgender and Nonbinary Youth,” is the first large-scale study to examine hormone therapy among transgender and nonbinary youth, based on a sample of more than 9,000 who provided data on GAHT.

Key findings include:

Half of all transgender and nonbinary young people said they were not using GAHT but would like to, 36% were not interested in receiving GAHT, and 14% were already receiving GAHT. On average, the young people sampled were just over 17 and a half years old.
Young people receiving GAHT reported a lower likelihood of experiencing recent depression and considering suicide compared to those who wanted GAHT but did not receive it. Specifically for young people under age 18, receiving GAHT was associated with nearly 40% lower odds of recent depression and of a past-year suicide attempt.
Parent support for their child’s gender identity had a strong relationship with receipt of GAHT, with nearly 80% of those who received GAHT reporting they had at least one parent who supported their gender identity.
Youth of color had lower rates of accessing GAHT when they wanted it compared to white youth.

edit on q00000031831America/Chicago3838America/Chicago8 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2023 @ 09:59 PM
link   

So in the end they "think" they achieved a theorehtical 8% decrease in the rates of "thoughts" of suicide or self harm
I guess its still 8% better but the context is still 3 links away from the obfuscated actual study done by phone interviews and promises of $100 gift cards in social media ads.

Oh and most importantly they had to get parental consent from any one in the study under 18
The average age of participants was 17.5 years old
about 35,000 participants, far more than the 1300 from your last entry but still not any meaningfully accurate % of the population
GAHT is an oxymoron, there is nothing gender affirming about it

and this bill doesn't prevent any of these treatments
edit on 27pm311000000023 by datguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2023 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I'm a Canadian, and I disagree a lot with what I see happening in the USA, especially on the far left/far right extremes, but I am very glad to see that they're getting one thing right here. Children are not experienced enough to make an informed decision of this magnitude that will affect them for the rest of their lives. If they want to dress differently, act differently, start a romantic relationship with either gender, fine, that's a decision up to them, and one that they can keep or change at any time. A self-mutilating surgery, however, is irreversible, and we should be keeping children from accessing these surgeries the same way we would keep them from any other harmful behaviour.

posted on Aug, 27 2023 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Transgender teens 7.6 times more likely to attempt suicide

You may want to read further on that angle.

"Conclusions"
Study: Long-term Follow up, of Transsexual Persons Undergoing Sex Reassignment Surgery
"Persons after sex reassignment,
have considerably higher risks for mortality, suicidal behavior"
"There is a need to identify and treat co-occurring
psychiatric morbidity in transsexual persons not only before
but also after sex reassignment"
"There also is an increased crime proneness in
female-to-males after sex reassignment"

Suicide Risk and Attempts

A study published in PLOS One highlighted the alarming rates of suicide and
suicide attempts in people who underwent sex-reassignment surgery.
alarming rates of suicide and suicide attempts in people who underwent sex-reassignment surgery.

gender indu$try

Transgender and nonbinary people are up
to six times more likely to have autism.

You do not have to be a genius to know that
'gender' surgery nor hormone 'therapy'
is NOT a cure for autism.

edit on 27/8/23 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2023 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ToneDeaf

My personal interest is support and prevention of mental health issues due to gender dysphoria and/or questioning prior to becoming a legal adult.

I do not support permanent surgery before age 18 (US).

Cure? Autism/Gender Dysphoria are brain disorders. Not illness — disorder. Functions differently than what has been established as the base for “normal”.

At this time I have no interest beyond this.

You want to go off on some tangent “driving down every road, u-turn, and back street” — that’s your thing. You can leave me out if it.

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Says person who’s had zero experience with a teen transgender.

No. Says a person who is capable of reading the information and
making a rational conclusion. The vast majority of children who think
they are trans decide that they are not. It makes ZERO sense to
mutilate them with surgery and drugs when in fact most are not
TRANS. This law is common sense.
edit on 8/28/2023 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

Says person who’s had zero experience with a teen transgender.

No. Says a person who is capable of reading the information and
making a rational conclusion. The vast majority of children who think
they are trans decide that they are not. It makes ZERO sense to
mutilate them with surgery and drugs when in fact most are not
TRANS. This law is common sense.

Multiple times I’ve stated I do not support permanent surgery before 18 (US).

Other than that only a professional in the field can determine on an individual basis what is needed.

I do not discount hormone blockers as a need.

And politicians certainly are not qualified to make that decision.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join