It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Never Eating Asian Takeout Again

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 10:24 PM
link   
This is probably one of the most disgusting things I've seen in awhile.

((*CAUTION IF YOU HAVE A WEAK STOMACH*))

Apparently, unbeknownst to me until a few minutes ago, it's customary to reuse "gutter oil" and "SPIT oil" in restaurants all across China!! The video is a couple weeks old:

"Gutter oil" is found exactly where it implies. It is collected, "refined" and resold as good as anything else on the self! 🤮 Certain oils for example, like spicy hotpot chili oil, are routinely collected after a customer is done and reused for the next customer and so on!!

We're talking about collecting oil from rubbish bins that have all manners of discarded items!🤢

Horrific.

Then I think about the "authentic" restaurants I've been to, hot pots included, and now I'm wondering just how many people I was sharing spit soup with...
🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

I'm quite positive this is standard even here in the US. It's cultural and it saves a buck and I bet most restaurants don't think it a bad thing while some simply don't give a snip.

Well, my days of eating out Asian are over. This is so disgusting it's turned me off of the whole freaking region.

Look at it this way, ANYONE who has been to China and had a meal has consumed sewer refuse or spit. It's unavoidable.
🤮🤮

I'm so grossed out right now...lol ..omg🤮🤮

PS - Oh man ...think of the Phō restaurants. You really think they have that much soup broth back there for some of the more busier establishments?? Might want to reconsider that notion.
edit on 8/19/2023 by EternalShadow because: eta

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

I need you to help clarify something for me. If we are taking out our takeout, how can they reuse our oil?? It's funny because today is the first day we had Chinese food in months. Your hilarious coincidence intrigues me.

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

You do you.

I've already clarified my position on this. It's a culturally accepted practice which more than likely is being used stateside to a certain degree..... probably for decades.

I'm done.

edit on 8/19/2023 by EternalShadow because: eta

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Make my own Chinese food.

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Right?

I cook everything myself now and it's not a bad deal. It's relaxing and I know what's what.

Win win.

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I saw a show on this many years ago-maybe 60 Minutes?

We have health inspectors in the US that pop into restaurants unannounced on a frequent basis. They check everything, including the temperature of the dishwasher, the fridge, freezer and if there's enough bleach in the water that's used for wiping down tables. They even check the sanitation in the bathrooms!

I worked as a waitress for a few years; I know how fast staff scrambles to make sure things are up to standards when the health inspector shows up.
That said, there's no way any licensed restaurant could get away with using gutter grease.

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

I'm aware of that and decided it's not worth the risk, especially in economically challenging times such as these.

My rant, my choice. Lol

edit on 8/19/2023 by EternalShadow because: auto correct sux

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 10:55 PM
link   

It's likely only an issue if you live in China and I heard about this years ago.

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan

It's likely only an issue if you live in China and I heard about this years ago.

And it probably didn't phase you a bit, obviously. I just heard of it today and it's a wrap for me. Too bad I didn't hear about this earlier.

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 11:07 PM
link   

The Chinese have a reputation for this sort of thing. Not just in the food industry but pretty much everywhere.
Concrete with sawdust filler and no rebar, drains that don’t go anywhere, fire hoses not hooked up to water.

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 11:12 PM
link   

It's reasons like this that it is recommended that you drink some type of alcohol with your meal when you travel to countries other than the US.
Please anyone planning on traveling to other countries take note of that.

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow

You do you.

I've already clarified my position on this. It's a culturally accepted practice which more than likely is being used stateside to a certain degree..... probably for decades.

I'm done.

Honestly if you knew what was in your food that was approved by the FDA you would probably just be as horrified! It's easy to point the finger at a communist country such as China but if you really open your eyes to the poison our own government allows in our food and medicine is China really so horrifying? I am not trying to make what is happening in China a nothing burger, I am just trying to give you a little wake up shake to pay attention to the same bolshevik genocide taking place in the USA...........

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stopstealingmycountry
It's reasons like this that it is recommended that you drink some type of alcohol with your meal when you travel to countries other than the US.
Please anyone planning on traveling to other countries take note of that.

Awesome. I've been doing it right this whole time!

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

You know Blunt, I can understand hard times and extremely dense competition. However, I can honestly say I've been up and down the quality scale at Asian restaurants, and markets for that matter, and corner cutting and pettiness is apparent in at least 8 out of 10 experiences.

It's the over breading, the absent meat portions, the bed of shredded cabbage used to make your portions look like a mound but the meat is sliced so thin you can read the menu through it!

And the selection of meats, some of which are a mystery cut. I mean it is pork but from where?? It's mostly gristle and fat. It just all adds up to me saying I'm done. Believe me, I've eaten my share and have enjoyed it more than I'm complaining about it now so it's not like I'm getting out clean or anything lol

edit on 8/20/2023 by EternalShadow because: eta

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 11:33 PM
link   

It's just that I haven't noticed an abundance of gutter oil in the States.

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

You do you.

I'm done.

Honestly if you knew what was in your food that was approved by the FDA you would probably just be as horrified! It's easy to point the finger at a communist country such as China but if you really open your eyes to the poison our own government allows in our food and medicine is China really so horrifying? I am not trying to make what is happening in China a nothing burger, I am just trying to give you a little wake up shake to pay attention to the same bolshevik genocide taking place in the USA...........

I've known for a very long time what was in our food but simply didn't care. About 5 years ago I began taking it a bit more seriously, but not really.

Then in 2021, I was on the verge of prediabetes, I had high cholesterol and blood pressure and I was obese for my age and height. That's when the leaf finally turned for me and I dumped the standard American diet for just eating more healthy.

Back in April of this year I went full Keto. So honestly, most restaurant food in general is going not to be a no-no anyway so it really not a targeted stoppage, but this helps me shut the door so to speak.

It's really not about WHEN you are made aware, but more about what you do when you are.

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 11:39 PM
link   

I'm aware of that and decided it's not worth the risk, especially in economically challenging times such as these.

My rant, my choice. Lol

Not a problem; I know how restaurants 'hide the bodies' first hand.

P.S. I don't 'eat out' and I don't use convenience products anymore ( like pudding mixes, cereals, etc.) ; heck, I don't even like plastic containers touching my food!

edit on 60000001111America/Chicago311 by nugget1 because: sp

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan

It's just that I haven't noticed an abundance of gutter oil in the States.

I understand that. It's the "culturally acceptable practice" facet that leads me to consider if there's "no gutter grease" in the States, then how else are they cutting costs? Certainly reusing already served soups and sauces is open for debate, no?

Can't happen here? Probably not as much but I'm not willing to roll the dice anymore.🤷🏻

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

My rant, my choice. Lol

Not a problem; I know how restaurants 'hide the bodies' first hand.

I've thrown up everything I had so why not.. lay it on me! Lol😉

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Don’t look up hot dog water!

<<   2  3 >>

join