It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Never Eating Asian Takeout Again

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Yet China life expectancy is very close to the United States.

Maybe they reuse it in cooking. If you think about it, oil probably burns at a high enough temp to kill any bacteria.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDDAgain
a reply to: EternalShadow

Gross.

I say that because my father had pigs and I know what pig pens smell like. I don't know if it's just me but every now and again, pork has a flavor like the smell of pig poop, if that makes sense. It's lightly pronounced but it's there sometimes. That turns me off the meal immediately.

My Dad slopped the hogs with decent feed but where the pigs lived came through in the meats flavor.

You are a bit offtrack with your assumption that it's poop you taste / smell. Actually if pork tastes like pig smell, then it can be these reasons:

1) Stress hormones during killing / slaughtering
2) Old meat
3) You got a bore (especially with older wild hogs)

and you can get the smell away by just freezing the meat for a day and rethaw. I know for sure that 1) is true because I come from a family of hunters. It should not happen, but sometimes it does, that the animal moves right when you let go the shot and it flees and you have to hunt it down driving a knife into it's heart.

These were always the animals that had that taste. Hunters know that. Some parts of any animal we would use immediatelly, the rest we would freeze. The reason is hormones being flooded into the bloodstream in their final minutes of agony or just simply stress during transport to the slaughterhouse.

A personal theory on Muslims and Pigs:
Since Muslims slaughter different, aka letting the animal bleed out alive, this probably led to the notion of pig meat being unclean, just like you thought. Butchers know that too, some butchers here let the animals roam free and come into the room where they get the bolt to the head by themselves.

The come in, wondering and happy for the food they see and it's lights out. They do this because of that reason.

Very interesting! Thank you for all of that, it really clears that up because for the longest I thought it was just an unlucky draw if I got a bad cut of pork.

Great explanation, thx again!

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ITSALIVE
a reply to: EternalShadow you know “pho” is a Vietnamese dish, not Chinese where you described this oil practice as cultural. You also know American Chinese food menus are American dishes, not Chinese?

I don’t suspect my ramen soup is actually the leftover broth from the customer before me. Have you worked in a kitchen before?

Yes I know these things. Yes, I worked at a four star cafe and a nightclub/restaurant for a number of years early on. Most, if not practically all, Chinese restaurants don't eat their own food, ask around if you don't believe me.

Let me remind you of the title of this thread:
"Never Eating Asian Takeout Again"

That would probably include Phō shops I'd imagine...

edit on 8/20/2023 by EternalShadow because: eta

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daughter2
Yet China life expectancy is very close to the United States.

Maybe they reuse it in cooking. If you think about it, oil probably burns at a high enough temp to kill any bacteria.

Lol, yeah maybe so..🤷🏻 .. but uh, I'm not rolling the dice anymore or making light of it to make it alright again.

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
Make my own Chinese food.

Where do you get the oil

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow
a reply to: worldstarcountry

You do you.

I've already clarified my position on this. It's a culturally accepted practice which more than likely is being used stateside to a certain degree..... probably for decades.

I'm done.

Yes like theres loads of Chinese peeps making sewage oil in the USA.. How did you work that out.. Have you taken the jab..,?

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 02:12 PM
link   

You're welcome

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer
He is not that far from the truth. And what he wrote does not read like insulting Chinese people. And it may not be gutter oil but different things. I understand it as a cultural difference and in case of food, economic. In my former favorite Chinese restaurant, in Germany, they had buffet "all you can eat".

One day it was really crowded and I went with a friend. They had a tiny little table in a corner near the door and the counter. I watched the Chinese lady pick already plated food from dishes that came back uneaten and put it into the trays for the "all you can eat". In a moment where someone held open the swing door for a waitress, to the kitchen.

We left. And while this may be an isolated incident and just greed and not connected to culture, you often hear similar things about Chinese restaurants. In another restaurant, also Chinese, I once got meat where you could still see the impressions from the wavy structure of the tin can.

posted on Aug, 22 2023 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

originally posted by: EternalShadow
a reply to: worldstarcountry

You do you.

I've already clarified my position on this. It's a culturally accepted practice which more than likely is being used stateside to a certain degree..... probably for decades.

I'm done.

Yes like theres loads of Chinese peeps making sewage oil in the USA.. How did you work that out.. Have you taken the jab..,?

Why are people so one dimensional?

IT'S A CULTURAL PRACTICE. Operative word "cultural". Therefore, it leads one who THINKS and considers things in life, to weigh the odds of similar corner cutting in the States as a possibility, but just manifesting itself in other ways.

I'm not going there anymore.

Is that clear enough for the fourth time???

My medical records are none of your business.

edit on 8/22/2023 by EternalShadow because: eta

posted on Aug, 23 2023 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Hydronated vegatable fats and gmo canolio oil will save you i guess

i guess you are jabed..

posted on Aug, 23 2023 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TDDAgain

One day it was really crowded and I went with a friend. They had a tiny little table in a corner near the door and the counter. I watched the Chinese lady pick already plated food from dishes that came back uneaten and put it into the trays for the "all you can eat". In a moment where someone held open the swing door for a waitress, to the kitchen.

I know a very VERY successful restaurateur. He has many Chinese take out places. You know when he made a killing?
During Covid. People hated China, hated the jab, hated everything about that time, yet they still loved Chinese take out. Funny isn’t it.

I worked at a lot of restaurants when I was in college. Some are very clean, some are very dirty. There is no direct link to a certain type. One Chinese restaurant was spotless, the other we used our dirty hands as a ladle. I worked a pizza joint that was spotless, I worked in a chain restaurant that was atrocious. The only way to guarantee your food is done in a sanitary manner is to make it yourself, period.

PS. Don’t ever assume fancier is cleaner!
edit on 23-8-2023 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2023 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm
IDK, I never hated China, and also not because of Covid. I may disapprove of their government and acknowledge cultural differences that are just strange to me because of my own culture, but never attach feelings to it.

The Chinese takeout I discovered a few month ago is more than tidy, but also it's open kitchen so nothing to hide.

I don't think there is any restaurant where everything is 100% ideal, no matter what country or culture. Ah now I read you just wrote the same in your last sentence. Yes, full agreed!

posted on Sep, 22 2023 @ 10:59 PM
link   

i guess you are jabed..

How about coconut oil or avocado? That or grass fed butter is what I use. Those you mentioned are killers, I'll pass, thx.

What does being vaccinated got to do with it? You seem hung up on that.🤷🏻

posted on Sep, 23 2023 @ 08:04 AM
link   

i guess you are jabed..

Only on ATS, can an absolute turnip turn an Asian food thread into an anti-vax thread.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join