It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Never Eating Asian Takeout Again

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: EternalShadow

Don’t look up hot dog water!

Yeah, but you know I will! Lol.

Sigh....let's go see..haha

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 11:54 PM
link   

[

Look at it this way, ANYONE who has been to China and had a meal has consumed sewer refuse or spit. It's unavoidable.
🤮🤮

Their back forty offers even more exotic cuisine.

One village in the northwest mountainous area had an outhouse I needed to use.

I looked down the hole and noticed I was p!ssing on a pig that was rooting around in glee, munching on people poop.

When I came out realized the crapper was built into a farm fence and that this was actually an intentional design concocted to provide pig food.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: NorthOfStuffx2

Look at it this way, ANYONE who has been to China and had a meal has consumed sewer refuse or spit. It's unavoidable.
🤮🤮

Their back forty offers even more exotic cuisine.

One village in the northwest mountainous area had an outhouse I needed to use.

I looked down the hole and noticed I was p!ssing on a pig that was rooting around in glee, munching on people poop.

When I came out realized the crapper was built into a farm fence and that this was actually an intentional design concocted to provide pig food.

Gross.

I say that because my father had pigs and I know what pig pens smell like. I don't know if it's just me but every now and again, pork has a flavor like the smell of pig poop, if that makes sense. It's lightly pronounced but it's there sometimes. That turns me off the meal immediately.

My Dad slopped the hogs with decent feed but where the pigs lived came through in the meats flavor.

edit on 8/20/2023 by EternalShadow because: correction

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow

originally posted by: nugget1

a reply to: nugget1

I'm aware of that and decided it's not worth the risk, especially in economically challenging times such as these.

My rant, my choice. Lol

Not a problem; I know how restaurants 'hide the bodies' first hand.

I've thrown up everything I had so why not.. lay it on me! Lol😉

I do know inspections are supposed to be unannounced, but our inspector had a habit of calling a day or two in advance to announce his visit. We had to scramble to hide things that shouldn't be seen, clean things that shouldn't ever be dirty, throw out the food that was semi-bad, etc.

I don't know if the inspector charged extra for advance notices, but I have mt suspicions.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I didn't think I had anything left in me but that clearly wasn't the case..lol 🤢🤢🤮🤮🤮

Thanks! Here's something I found while looking that might amuse you, it's from 2018:
www.bustle.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 12:14 AM
link   

I read somewhere that the filth is absorbed through their thin skin.

There are a lot of cultures that don’t have a handle on hygiene, because either of situational or cultural reasons.

The backpackers I ran into that travelled the Silk Road through India into China said that China was a cake walk after what they experienced.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 12:21 AM
link   

I'm aware of that and decided it's not worth the risk, especially in economically challenging times such as these.

My rant, my choice. Lol

I do know inspections are supposed to be unannounced, but our inspector had a habit of calling a day or two in advance to announce his visit. We had to scramble to hide things that shouldn't be seen, clean things that shouldn't ever be dirty, throw out the food that was semi-bad, etc.

I don't know if the inspector charged extra for advance notices, but I have mt suspicions.

Sounds like he or she had a little side hustle going on..🤨

You're forgiven by the way! lol

Movies like "The Slammin' Salmon" and "Waiting" really opened my eyes to "NEVER fk with the people who serve your food.." LOL

Absolute GOLDEN rule!! 😄

edit on 8/20/2023 by EternalShadow because: eta

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: NorthOfStuffx2

I read somewhere that the filth is absorbed through their thin skin.

There are a lot of cultures that don’t have a handle on hygiene, because either of situational or cultural reasons.

The backpackers I ran into that travelled the Silk Road through India into China said that China was a cake walk after what they experienced.

I've always wanted to visit India having had many friends here that are Hindu. The ones I've known have always been good people and they would tell me about the ups and downs of Indian life.

Their life stories inspired me to plan a trip, but their sanitary conditions made me think twice, unfortunately.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 12:32 AM
link   
But what about the fake eggs and rice?

I am not talking about served dishes. They actually have hand make eggs in the shell.

From what I understand it is a protein mix that is dipped into a coagulant. The yellow is food coloring mixed in. The shells are then put on in much the same way by dipping into plaster of Paris to form a coating that hardens.

Euuww.
edit on 20-8-2023 by beyondknowledge2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge2

That's nuts.

And frankly despicable. WTH...

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Whoa, i saw that very same video a few weeks ago, shocking indeed, not sure if it is done here in the UK but it certainly makes me weary !

All the best

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 03:17 AM
link   
IV known about this for a really long time Its not unusual in China there food quality is extremely low for the lower class

But I wouldn't go so far to say it's done in the USA I doubt that it's not like China where oil is tossed out that stuff has value cooking oil or motor oil people pay for that stuff

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 04:22 AM
link   

I used to deliver frozen meats and fish to Indian and Chinese takeaways in the UK , having seen what is unseen by most I haven't eaten a takeaway meal since.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 04:29 AM
link   

I saw a show on this many years ago-maybe 60 Minutes?

We have health inspectors in the US that pop into restaurants unannounced on a frequent basis. They check everything, including the temperature of the dishwasher, the fridge, freezer and if there's enough bleach in the water that's used for wiping down tables. They even check the sanitation in the bathrooms!

I worked as a waitress for a few years; I know how fast staff scrambles to make sure things are up to standards when the health inspector shows up.
That said, there's no way any licensed restaurant could get away with using gutter grease.

The problem is that this gutter oil is often sent away to be refined and put into new containers. It's cheap. No inspector would realise what they are cooking with as it looks just like any other store bought oils.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Gross.

I say that because my father had pigs and I know what pig pens smell like. I don't know if it's just me but every now and again, pork has a flavor like the smell of pig poop, if that makes sense. It's lightly pronounced but it's there sometimes. That turns me off the meal immediately.

My Dad slopped the hogs with decent feed but where the pigs lived came through in the meats flavor.

You are a bit offtrack with your assumption that it's poop you taste / smell. Actually if pork tastes like pig smell, then it can be these reasons:

1) Stress hormones during killing / slaughtering
2) Old meat
3) You got a bore (especially with older wild hogs)

and you can get the smell away by just freezing the meat for a day and rethaw. I know for sure that 1) is true because I come from a family of hunters. It should not happen, but sometimes it does, that the animal moves right when you let go the shot and it flees and you have to hunt it down driving a knife into it's heart.

These were always the animals that had that taste. Hunters know that. Some parts of any animal we would use immediatelly, the rest we would freeze. The reason is hormones being flooded into the bloodstream in their final minutes of agony or just simply stress during transport to the slaughterhouse.

A personal theory on Muslims and Pigs:
Since Muslims slaughter different, aka letting the animal bleed out alive, this probably led to the notion of pig meat being unclean, just like you thought. Butchers know that too, some butchers here let the animals roam free and come into the room where they get the bolt to the head by themselves.

The come in, wondering and happy for the food they see and it's lights out. They do this because of that reason.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: NorthOfStuffx2

Ha! And that pig was like, "Aaahhh, Western cuisine!"

Cheers

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: markovian

It's not only that. It's also the culture. It's seen strong and good if you pull the wool over someones eyes, you are superior and the other one is at their own fault and dumb, should learn from the mistake.

That's also how you get stuff like this. To cheat on the system no matter how, for personal gain.

That's also why plagiarism is so big in China. If your idea or product is copied, then you are supposed to be honored, not grumpy.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 12:46 PM
link   

My rant, my choice. Lol

Movies like "The Slammin' Salmon" and "Waiting" really opened my eyes to "NEVER fk with the people who serve your food.." LOL

Absolute GOLDEN rule!! 😄

I haven't seen those movies, but I have seen things I wish I hadn't.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow you know “pho” is a Vietnamese dish, not Chinese where you described this oil practice as cultural. You also know American Chinese food menus are American dishes, not Chinese?

I don’t suspect my ramen soup is actually the leftover broth from the customer before me. Have you worked in a kitchen before?

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 05:28 PM
link   

I remember eating pasta salad at a Publix in the early 90s on my lunch break and violently vomiting an hour later. I called the health department and reported it. When I was talking to an official, I asked him if there was anyplace else I should avoid eating, his response was: "ANY Chinese restaurant". I laughed out loud at the time, but I have always been leery of eating at them ever since. But to be fair, years later, I worked nights at an answering service that among other things took calls for several pest control companies. Some of the calls I got for restaurants, places you would probably eat all the time were horrendous; let's just say they are places that run TV commercials all the time, and it involved rats and cockroach's 99 percent of the time. So you can pretty much assume almost ANY restaurant can be disgusting. I eat out a lot less since those days.
edit on 20-8-2023 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join