It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the reason, in your opinion, for all the movies portraying aliens a certain way

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2023 @ 12:52 AM
link   
When I was little, the Drive In movies was the thing to do on a summer evening. Movies like Journey to the 7th Planet, It Came from Outer Space, Them, the aliens were not friendly and lots of them were BUGS that gave me nightmares.

But I will never forget sitting on the hood of the car, engine still warm, in my jammies with my pillow on the windshield. Popcorn and chili dogs.

posted on Aug, 7 2023 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Some people in Hollywood like Stephen Spielberg in particular believe in aliens and UFOs and want to prepare the population for contact.

posted on Aug, 7 2023 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: NewNobodySpecial268
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

"Second line" ?

In the earlier days of ATS one line replies weren't allowed. Some people either don't realise that's not the case anymore or still do it out of habit.

Hope this helps

posted on Aug, 7 2023 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

I think you should PM a mod if you are so concerned.

Hope that helps.

posted on Aug, 7 2023 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: ancientlight

Most sci-fi movies portray aliens as here to kill us all ..... There are very few were all aliens are benevolent - and that includes series like Star Trek.

But that's because Earth attacked by aliens is more exciting and allows for spectacular special effects and prominent buildings being destroyed.

Aliens visiting us to say hello, point out that betamax is the recording device of choice throughout the rest of the galaxy, and then going on their way, isn't really going to attract as big an audience.

It's the same reason James Bond is always fighting evil sociopaths intent on destroying the world, and not chasing tax evaders.

posted on Aug, 7 2023 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyMayhew

Why yes, that's exactly why the friendly aliens , who the people befriend seems out of place and with some other meaning and purpose besides making money.

posted on Aug, 7 2023 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: ancientlight

originally posted by: chr0naut

It could be a reaction against endemic racism, that leads to authors exposing the attitude in fiction, with beings that are the ultimate 'other'?
'Racisms' Lollololol really? I knew it seemed political correct but you took it seriously

PS aliens are different species, not a different race

There is only one 'human race'.

That is the problem, taxonomies are based upon differentiators which are arbitrary and not universally agreed upon.

You’re correct - the is one “human race”.

Two points I’ll put alongside that, however (amongst several points that could be made):

1. “Humans” or “people” are the only species I can think of off the top of my head that we define as being universally the “same” despite obvious physical, cultural, mental, religious, and societal differences. That begs the question - why? To say we’re all “human” is true, but to say we’re all the “same” seems false given we apply a different standard of sameness to be more-less the entire animal kingdom. That makes me have more questions, not fewer.

2. Our definition of “humanity” seems to be based on identifying bi-pedal, “humanoid” beings as the defining factor of “humanity”. What if our definition of “humanity” is sorely limited by the basis on which we deem something “human”. What I mean by that is, if we say consciousness is the basis for being human, the “human family” we belong to could be much larger than we appreciate - and us earth dwelling humans could be much more akin to our “alien visitors” then we think.

posted on Aug, 7 2023 @ 09:05 AM
link   

In some movies they are portrayed as friendly and helping us in some way , and the lead characters become friends with them .
This made me want to gag it was so gringeworthy ,and I'm obsessed with aliens/ufos.
I can think of a few movies in which aliens were living among us , and it the plot and things said felt very 'political correct', if you know what I mean. Anybody that said something negative about the aliens were verbally attacked and shamed.
Those are just a few at the top of my hat.

Why do you think this is ? Any reason , or just random Hollywood run out of ideas scenenario ?

I’ve contemplated the media angle for a while now, and run through a number of the scenarios or rationale you’ve listed.

The thing is… my wife and I saw a flying saucer. Sober, sound of mind, two witnesses, no BS.

And it was exactly as has been advertised for 100 years - it’s a flying saucer.

Once that became “real”, I have viewed everything else that’s associated with this topic as being reasonably possible - little green men, triangles, abduction, etc.

Said differently, if I can say that flying saucers are very real, and they are in fact flying saucers, yet the media narrative has made a joke of these craft (and their pilots) as the cliche vision of “aliens”, then I submit that the balance of “alien lore” is entirely on the table for not only being possible but potentially even probable.

Pretty smart - instead of trying to cover up the phenomenon with denial, lean into it, sell it as fiction, call people who see them crazy, and then spin up a whole swatch of fictional scenarios and stories that range from them being friendly to ending our world, create confusion on the subject, relegate the topic to fiction, and you’ve successfully hidden a real phenomenon in plain sight.

posted on Aug, 7 2023 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

It is still the case.

Both in threads and in comments. Ive been penalized by the mods as of a few days ago.

Seems they don't all agree tho. I've been told different things by different mods. Sheesh.

posted on Aug, 7 2023 @ 10:27 AM
link   

It might be simple optimism, and belief we arr worth befriending.

I'll see myself out.

posted on Aug, 7 2023 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Predictive programming. How many people have you known that are the sum of the media they digest? How many people see a story on the web and parrot it as if it were the truth? How many times have you heard about alien experiencers all talking about the climate crisis?

All of it is bull#. Nothing from hollywood is reality ans nothing you see will prepare you for what you really experience when confronted with a reality that you cannot comprehend. To this day I cannot in any way not react without revulsion and anxiety when seeing images of greys and or similar black eyed creatures.

I do not understand why I have the reaction I do, but it is something under a lot of layers. That being said, programming people to accept cohabitation with aliens is a means to get people to accept their rule. Once they have it, the extinction agenda begins.

posted on Aug, 7 2023 @ 03:31 PM
link   
i remember a show when i was a kid "cant remember the name of it for the life of me" but it showed aliens integrating with humans because their world was destroyed....they even married humans....it was an awesome show from what i remember, but thats how i think it would be

In some movies they are portrayed as friendly and helping us in some way , and the lead characters become friends with them .
This made me want to gag it was so gringeworthy ,and I'm obsessed with aliens/ufos.
I can think of a few movies in which aliens were living among us , and it the plot and things said felt very 'political correct', if you know what I mean. Anybody that said something negative about the aliens were verbally attacked and shamed.
Those are just a few at the top of my hat.

Why do you think this is ? Any reason , or just random Hollywood run out of ideas scenenario ?

posted on Aug, 7 2023 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

originally posted by: NewNobodySpecial268
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

"Second line" ?

In the earlier days of ATS one line replies weren't allowed. Some people either don't realise that's not the case anymore or still do it out of habit.

Hope this helps

And some of us do it for nostalgia's sake.

Not being snarky, and obviously not being very humorous either.

My bad.

posted on Aug, 7 2023 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
a reply to: NewNobodySpecial268

"A Childhood's End" comes to mind.

Second line.

I want to see that series still. There is some truths hidden in it perhaps

I found the book very thought provoking. The movie wasn't half bad either.

posted on Aug, 7 2023 @ 04:58 PM
link   
In general it is the provided narrative. We are to fear and resist aliens because they are bad, evil. This suggests to me that TPTB, the elite, are truly terrified of our liberation or potential liberation. They lose their power if aliens arrive and change things for the better.

That is not to say that interaction with aliens might not be detrimental or dangerous for many reasons. However they have taken care of the biological implications already.

posted on Aug, 7 2023 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Because they kind of look humanoid...

The bottom line we would need aliens to have not only intelligence, but they need a body that can physically build things, so our opposable thumbs are just as important as our intelligence. They would also most likely need to be hand base too, but I'm sure they could have way better joins than us so could move strangely. Also, they could have more than 2 eyes and other organs. Unless there is intergalactic gene breeding I'm sure they would not look even a little like us.

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 01:32 AM
link   
The DoD like to get involved as long as it makes the US military and Gov look good, and especially if it helps with recruitments.
On the other hand they do not like when the film depicts real UFO mythology like classic UFO's, any mention of area-51 or any other common UFO folklore/theories.

Most interestingly the 2009 Race to with Mountain was heavily influenced by the CIA

edit on 8-8-2023 by kangawoo because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-8-2023 by kangawoo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Don't you worry nary a bit.
It's all sc-fi designed to make money and nothing more.

Thats what i was about to say, it is all about the CASH !

All the best

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Quadlink

Most of the time that is true, but not always.

A_History_of_Government_Manag ement_of_UFO_Perceptions_through_Film_and_Television

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 10:44 PM
link   
If you mean comic book character based? Then I salute you; If not... Then; "Get away from her you..." Oh never mind.
edit on 8-8-2023 by Crowfoot because: clarity

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join