It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

eff you lizard

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2023 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I wasnt sure where to put this, but my father in law was telling me some Vietnam stories and he told me there was a lizard that called out eff you (eff you as in F*ck you) and it wasnt that I disbelieved, but I had to find out. And sure enough, they exist. Here is a short 10 second or so video with the said lizards vocalization.

Funny and cute huh?

Probably wasn't cute when you were there to possibly die, but ................

posted on Jul, 31 2023 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: greendust

Lizards are too cute. There's one sitting here outside by my window often, it's his home , enclosed in a porch he feels safe

posted on Jul, 31 2023 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ancientlight

My kids used to have pet lizards. They were pretty cute. Usually we named them after dinosaurs, like T-REX and so on. We had a weird frog once too. He was a pacman frog. He got so big, he actually had teeth and we fed him dead baby mice. It was weird. He would hide under his litter and come out and gobble them up. It was sort of gross, but that is what he ate when he got big.

Lizards we just had anoles (sp?) they were very small.

posted on Jul, 31 2023 @ 11:43 PM
link   
The Tokay Lizard makes many other sounds especially when calling a mate or announcing its territory. They can become quite annoying during the night when you are wanting to sleep as they are VERY LOUD ! If you sneak up on one and grab him he will roar/squeal so loud it takes most people/animals by surprise thus the lizard is released to run away all the while saying "Eff You"; not really but I thought that was a nice story about the "Eff You" part.. They are Loud !

Some more sounds: youtu.be...

posted on Aug, 2 2023 @ 06:53 PM
link   
In the early nineties in the Florida Keys I used to have a blue orange spotted gecko living at my house. He would be in the soffit and make the calls. It would echo like a speaker up there. I always thought he was saying his name: GEC-KO!!! He was pretty cool.

a reply to: greendust

new topics

top topics

join