It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vegetarian hot-pot.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2023 @ 02:36 PM
link   
A pot for the table ... it's tofu.

Some mushroom and vegetables?

This is a vegetarian hot-pot.

Any ideas?

edit on 25-7-2023 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2023 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

Fixed for you...

ETA: ooh, you changed your broken link. Now we have two recipes for the price of one.

edit on 25/7/2023 by Encia22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2023 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I've tried to eat tofu several times, fixed in different ways. I'll just starve, thank you.

posted on Jul, 25 2023 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I would look for meaty mushrooms, my favorite is morels even though they’re unfortunately seasonal. I know there are other variations.

Next that is really important is the fat used. This is something that can make or break a good soup, if the fat is from neutral oils, it can just make it feel greasy, but meat based soups have nice depth if the stock is made right.

Now, I’ve never had seitan, but I’m in some online communities for people who do a lot of smoked meats, and some swear by doing seitan for their vegan participants, and some even claim it can fool carnivores. I have a rough understanding of what it is, I’m not sure how it would hold up in a liquid, though it may be okay if it’s added at the end which is how a lot of meats are done with hot pot anyways so they don’t overcook and or get tough.

A lot of it is probably going to be trial and error though. Vegetables and meat alternatives aren’t as forgiving with low and slow or even hot and fast for that matter. Combinations may not be as wrong as execution, the latter usually being the big difference between different cooks with the same recipes.

posted on Jul, 25 2023 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Fresh lions mane, cut it in to thick slices like steak, fry up in a pan, or chop it smaller and fry it with vegetables and noodles for example, its crazy, kinda like a mix of pork and crab meat.

Added bonus is that you are going to feel calm the rest of the day while its fixing neural pathways in your head.

posted on Jul, 25 2023 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Private?

Well better than shooting your Sarge in the face, in some Hanoi bar.

posted on Jul, 25 2023 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
I've tried to eat tofu several times, fixed in different ways. I'll just starve, thank you.

Growing up in an Asian household tofu was my most favorite dish.
Total comfort food.

It might be something you have to be exposed to from a young age. A lot of people have a problem with the texture.

posted on Jul, 25 2023 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: nugget1

Total comfort food.

It might be something you have to be exposed to from a young age. A lot of people have a problem with the texture.

Definitely! I'll be the first to admit I'm a picky eater, with texture being a deal-breaker sometimes. Poi elicited the same reaction. Okra is another thing I don't plan on trying again. lol
edit on 200000055America/Chicago311 by nugget1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2023 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Total comfort food.

I love tofu too. Any way and all ways, I can't get enough of it. It used to be so much more affordable than it is now.

I blame the vegan woke crowd for gentrifying my tofu!

posted on Jul, 26 2023 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I like tofu !!! My husband hates it . I’ve tried to get him to eat the soft and the firm style , many ways . He still hates it . I am still experimenting on different ways to cook it … so Amy ideas is greatly appreciated… and I will follow this thread to see what recipes show up !

posted on Jul, 26 2023 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Meldionne1
I like tofu !!! My husband hates it . I’ve tried to get him to eat the soft and the firm style , many ways . He still hates it . I am still experimenting on different ways to cook it … so Amy ideas is greatly appreciated… and I will follow this thread to see what recipes show up !

This is what you make for people that think they don’t like tofu. To this day haven’t met a person that doesn’t like this.
It’s the texture!

posted on Jul, 26 2023 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I cooked Tempeh (version of tofu) perfectly once and friend who completely dislikes tempeh loved it. It really all depends on how you cook it. Tofu and Tempeh are so amazing. It's not wonder Vegans are obsessed with it.

top topics

join