It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Supplement for Those with High Blood Pressure

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2023 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I have been taking multiple prescription medications for high blood pressure for years. I was taking amlodipine, Losartan and Atenolol. The Amlodipine had a side effect, it made my feet and legs swell.
I heard that olive leaf extract could lower blood pressure, so I bought some and started off taking 700 mg 2x a day. I monitored my BP and as it started to drop, I cut back on the Amlodipine. After I was off the Amlodipine, the swelling went away.
I upped the dosage of olive leaf extract to 700 mg 3x a day and cut my Losartan dosage in half. I weaned off of the Atenolol last and am now taking the olive leaf extract 2x a day with no side effects.
My BP runs around 110/60 now.
Something to try if you have BP issues.

posted on Jul, 17 2023 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Thanks. I'll try that.

I'm on Ramipril.

posted on Jul, 17 2023 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Nice, I may try that. Was on scrips for high blood pressure, lost insurance and had to find something else. So far beetroot powder has worked the best for me.

posted on Jul, 17 2023 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Lucky I came across this thread I should be taking Bisoprolol and a aspirin tablet daily , I totally forgot for the last 3-4 days , which I do often

I have many carrier bags of medicine needing thrown out that I have never taken and here I am still alive and kicking . Natural is the way to go

posted on Jul, 17 2023 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: boredhere74

Nice, I may try that. Was on scrips for high blood pressure, lost insurance and had to find something else. So far beetroot powder has worked the best for me.

That's what i'm taking along with the meds and Magnesium Bicarb. I was at 6 pills per day of their script crap and I'm down to 2 a day and hope to be off everything soon.

I think I'll order some OL extract and give it a try also

posted on Jul, 17 2023 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I forgot to mention that olive leaf extract is also good for helping lung function.
Good luck to those that try it!

posted on Jul, 17 2023 @ 01:00 PM
link   

PS, you can also buy whole olive leaves dried and make tea.

Enjoy.

posted on Jul, 17 2023 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Thanks for the tip!
I have read that a spoonful of EVO once a day helps too!

posted on Jul, 17 2023 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Glad to hear you found a non-pharma resource that works...

i had a bout of chronic foot/calf swelling caused by Amlodipine being out-of-balance with my Lisinopril dosage...

(increased lisinopril an additional 20mg X 2 daily &----> decrease amlodipine 50% to 5mg once daily..

VA healthcare for 26 years already

posted on Jul, 17 2023 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Been off Lisinopril for a while now, I think the ATS-approved Black Seed Oil helped me tremendously, but Im curious about the lung infection part too. Considering the supposed benefits of olive oil, the potential is there

Besides, there is some speculation herbal effectiveness can wane in some situations it's good to have backups to try.

posted on Jul, 17 2023 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Hi there! I can’t remember where I had learned this but you may want to combine the olive leaves with dandelions/dandelion tea!! When it’s natural why not double up?

Dandelion and Its Medicinal Benefits

Isn’t it crazy what the pharmaceutical industry doesn’t want you to know?

edit on 17-7-2023 by Narvasis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2023 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Congrats. I will look at that. I am on Losartan. No side affects. Whatever they previously have me on would cause heart palpation's.

My only issue is I drink too much red wine. If I could control no more Losartan per doctor

posted on Jul, 17 2023 @ 02:52 PM
link   
L arginine several thousand mgs a day and Ginkgo Biloba work great for me.

posted on Jul, 17 2023 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Crackalackin

I have Ginkgo tree on my garden. It's getting massive!

posted on Jul, 17 2023 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2
I have really bad anxiety and Ginkgo just makes it all go away! Excellent stuff.

posted on Jul, 17 2023 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I am on Losartan and amlodipine, can you please share which brand of olive leaf extract you are using? I want to give it a try.

Thanks in advance!

Alex

posted on Jul, 17 2023 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Crackalackin

My Ginkgo tree is causing me anxiety. It's taking over my garden!

That and my Pawlonia (Foxglove Tree), Indian Bean tree, Maple tree and the rest, it's more like an arboretum!

As for the grape vine, and the hops, they've gone mental, too!

I can sit under my Gunnera, too.

posted on Jul, 17 2023 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I'm willing to try! I've been on amlodipine for a year and a half now. I'm not getting any side effects, it's just not working.

posted on Jul, 17 2023 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ATSAlex
I am on Losartan and amlodipine, can you please share which brand of olive leaf extract you are using? I want to give it a try.

Thanks in advance!

Alex

I am taking Swanson brand now, Link to Amazon

posted on Jul, 17 2023 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Thanks BG. Have been on medication for some years now. BP was at 170, now generally 150. If I can get it any lower without meds I'll give it a go. Tired of a 'hot heavy head' feeling at times.

May I ask what your BP was initially before it came down to 110.

Kind regards,

Bally)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join