It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the kids are not right

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2023 @ 07:34 AM
link   
So, most of my life i have lived in the countryside, i too was a basic stupid kid, but last night got me thinking.. I was woken up from my slumber a couple of hours before work, about 4, there was a bunch of hillbilly kids outside my house, shooting at my house with some type of pellets, some of them were carrying axes and knives, so in a couple of minutes i put some pants on and grabbed the ol axe, i was just starting my car when my wife called me to stop. really smart from her, because i would have squashed them with my truck and went back to sleep. anyways, only small unimportant items were damaged. but anyways, are kids acting up in your area? it seems they have gone absolutely bonkers in the last few years, well, trail cams are all set up and its someone elses problem from now on, will just file a report and pictures. But damn, these kids dont realize how dangerous it is if i am suddenly up and chasing them with tools. thank god for my wife stopping me so i can think. i was never this dumb, we drank in the woods where the grown ups would not find us. Kids are crazy these days. shame on them. Nothing good can come from that filth.
edit on 29-6-2023 by XipeTotex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2023 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: XipeTotex

Sorry if this seems like rambling but i am super tired.

posted on Jun, 29 2023 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I think what we have been seeing for quite some time now is the breakdown of the family. Both parents work and, with the popularity of social media, kids have begun parenting each other across the Internet. The end result is that their moral compass has become skewed. No longer is right right and wrong wrong. Now it is based on situational morality. I think the current woke culture is just another symptom of this breakdown.

posted on Jun, 29 2023 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Sure sucks.
when I was a kid approaching adults on why they didn't do more so we could inherit a better world , the only good answer I got was" i made kids in the hopes they'd carry on my values for a better world."

did you contribute to raise this generation...

I guess those that did contribute, failed, and those that didn't.... Well...

posted on Jun, 29 2023 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Bishop2199

Breakdown of the family.. Absolutely, oh damn i am happy my wife stopped me when i was about to enter a "mode" that entails everything that needs to be done for silence&sleep. otherwise my week would have gone in a very bad way. reason shall prevail. at least in my household. thanks once again my wife.

posted on Jun, 29 2023 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

When i was a kid, we stayed away from adults, especially when we were up to no good, it always ended someone getting beaten up, and man, we even were not that bad.

I did not get much advice as a kid, but i did not do the stuff the kids these days are doing, i am ok. those younglings will not be ok, they are going nowhere. Just so disappointed.

I have a bad feeling things will escalate, thats why i set up surveillance and will just involve the police from now on. there is no reasoning with the kids, based on what i have discussed with the neighbours.
edit on 29-6-2023 by XipeTotex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2023 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: XipeTotex
I was woken up from my slumber a couple of hours before work, about 4, there was a bunch of hillbilly kids outside my house, shooting at my house with some type of pellets, some of them were carrying axes and knives,

My God! That's no way to have to wake up!

Kids are crazy these days. shame on them. Nothing good can come from that filth.

Where I live the adults are the insane bullies. Even when the police are all over them about it, they keep up with the pit bulls and loud engines intimidating people. Although one just got arrested for soliciting a 14 year old. Might be where the bad kids come in.

Security cameras are a good tool.
edit on 6 29 2023 by BelleEpoque because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2023 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: BelleEpoque

Well i keep pitt bulls too, they are always on a leash, have never caused any trouble, they have a solid fence and are always watched over like a hawk because they are dear to me, and i would die inside if they caused any trouble to anyone or anything, they are good boys. for a second a considered letting them have a go with these kids, but obviously opted to try and figure things out by myself. but for all parents out there, beware, there are humans (like me) that might react in a very poor manner under this kind of conditions.

But for now i have the cams set up, maybe i can get some sleep before the weekend, before the kids go insane again.

No loud engines, noise or trouble here, just trying to survive the modern world and paint my plastic toy soldiers when i have the time.

posted on Jun, 29 2023 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Thankfully, we haven't had much trouble out by us, but I think there is a reason for that.

Several years ago, some kids (16-19 year olds) were breaking into barns and such, looking for stuff to steal.
There happened to be a farmer home at one of these break-ins.
He shot at their truck, hitting it.

That is how the police identified the truck, and arrested them.

They are lucky that the truck was the only thing hit.
Break into a house out here, that will not be the case.
Hope you catch them on camera, and they get arrested.

posted on Jun, 29 2023 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Yeah they were apparently trying the front door also for some reason, checking if it was open, so i figured they must have tried my truck also, so left two on these spots. will get pictures of their faces guaranteed. they dont even wear hoods or anything. Unfortunately we dont have any examples like that yet here, there was this old hermit, always said he had loads of money stashed away, well, the kids broke in, killed the old guy, only found old receipts, the old hermit thought it was the same as money, so old guy ended up dead, kid went to jail, everybody lost.

posted on Jun, 29 2023 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Sounds like a wild bunch of idiots with no concept of consequences. I have been amazed at the number of younger people I know that have respect and values. Even the usual suspects from 20 years ago have grown up to stay out of jail and those that haven't aren't around to cause a problem.

I have noticed that some people disappear from the area and have found out they were doing some time in the county or the big house. No one will talk about that unless you ask around to find out what happened to so and so.

Meth heads, that's the type to look out for. They will have mobile labs or labs in the woods and they stay up all night long with nothing to do but wait for the next batch to cook up. These aren't kids though, these are adults cooking meth.

posted on Jun, 29 2023 @ 03:49 PM
link   
This reminded me of a video that was posted on a local FB channel of kids playing with fireworks in my town. There were about 8 boys that were about 15-17. They were throwing lit fireworks at each other and some were landing on peoples cars. One of the residents came out and was filming them and told them he has them on film and he has called the cops. There reply, "call the f ' ckn cops, we don't care." Sad thing is, the parents defended the kids. I guess the kids have not caused enough damage to really hit the pockets of the parents. This is one of those situations where I can probably bet my life savings that one of the boys will be doing the same crap, if not worse.

posted on Jul, 11 2023 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Late to this discussion, but it's relevant to what I was about to post in my own thread. No need to post my own though as this thread is in line with my own sentiments. I was commenting on a Youtube video about being a club bouncer. I commented that years ago when I bounced, we all thought Roadhouse was just hilarious and we treated like our own personal Rock Horror. We had all sorts of zingers and one liners to go along with it. I also commented on Swayze's mullet.

Next thing I know, this wack-a-mole was commenting about how "Swayze didn't have a mullet" and Roadhouse was like his own experiences as a bouncer. So, I went over to this kid's channel. He's maybe 27-30. An obvious well-to-do kid who is playing tennis in all his videos.

I generally know when I being trolled. This wasn't a troll. It was sincere. I just stared at the post dumbfound. Asking myself, if this kid is sincere, which he seems to be, he's off his nut. Because it's just a movie and nothing like real life. Save for some greasy dude copulating with a less than savory female in the storage room.

Yes, the kids are not alright.

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: XipeTotex

Kids ? At that age no they are adults , you stop being a kid when you turn 13 in my book 16 here makes you a adult and old enough to get your backside kicked if you step out of line .

They need to know fear to scare them away and make them stay away , target the leader and find out where he lives and what family he has and make it know to him that bad things will happen if they persist , cut out the letters from a old newspaper and mail it to him but do not lick the letter or leave dna on it .

If you can get photos of them make loads of copies and stick them all over the area with gunsights drawn on it .
scare the crap out of them back .

I live in what some call a rough neighbourhood most would do a 180 and drive away on looking yet there is 0 crime here no housebreaking ,robberies or assaults nothing , why because people would not put up with it your windows would go in and the problem child would soon be dealt with

There endith the first lesson

new topics

top topics

join