It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's It Going to Take?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 07:17 PM
link   
There REALLY needs to be a NATIONAL discussion about the overwhelming use of guns in African American communities, and the overall proliferation of gang violence. It's a cultural feature now and quite frankly, people are used to it and it's not unexpected.

That's not even close to being okay, but it's being ignored as if it would be racist to bring it up. There simply isn't much of anything being done and people are just going with the flow. It's really astonishing how widespread the willful ignorance is across the nation.

Or perhaps people are just worn out, or that's simply how this or that group behaves, so what are you going to do. Just better watch out and be vigilant. ←----- That's not okay either.

Over the Father's Day weekend in Chicago, SEVENTY-FIVE people were shot 13 killed!!
abcnews.go.com...

The weekend before that, 31 were shot 4 killed!!
abc7chicago.com...

The weekend before that, 53 shot killed 11 killed!!
www.cbsnews.com...

This summer is trending to be very bloody and sorrowful for many families.

I don't understand why people need to DIE, or be killed, to settle a temporary dispute, mostly involving just verbal 💩 talking, but that's the default now.

It's not going to get any better any time soon unfortunately, but GD, SOMETHING has to be done.

/r

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

To paraphrase the brilliant professor Thomas Sowell, The barbarians aren't at the gates...they're inside the gates.

And our society has become so insane, that educated, civilized people, because of their "privilege" are apologizing to the barbarians.

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow
There REALLY needs to be a NATIONAL discussion about the overwhelming use of guns in African American communities, and the overall proliferation of gang violence. It's a cultural feature now and quite frankly, people are used to it and it's not unexpected.

That's not even close to being okay, but it's being ignored as if it would be racist to bring it up. There simply isn't much of anything being done and people are just going with the flow. It's really astonishing how widespread the willful ignorance is across the nation.

Or perhaps people are just worn out, or that's simply how this or that group behaves, so what are you going to do. Just better watch out and be vigilant. ←----- That's not okay either.

Over the Father's Day weekend in Chicago, SEVENTY-FIVE people were shot 13 killed!!
abcnews.go.com...

abc7chicago.com...

www.cbsnews.com...

I don't understand why people need to DIE, or be killed, to settle a temporary dispute, mostly involving just verbal 💩 talking, but that's the default now.

It's not going to get any better any time soon unfortunately, but GD, SOMETHING has to be done.

/r

Nah
You people just let the presidents son walk on a gun charge.
You are all bs.

No compromise on 2A.

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 07:46 PM
link   

What's It Going to Take?

Not even trying to be funny but if anyone had the answer to that they would probably get rich off the solution.

Before anyone even brings up GUN CONTROL, it’s not going to work.
Criminals will always have guns and always have access to guns.

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 07:55 PM
link   
The general population that uses MSM as their main source of current information is being slowly brainwashed into believing that outlawing guns will stop the majority of gun violence and deaths. The high death rates in certain inner cities from gun violence are good for their statistical talking points.

Most of our youth have been indoctrinated their whole life to believe a gun ban will solve 99% of the problem, and within the next generation us Boomers will be gone and their votes will be the majority.

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

abcnews.go.com...

abc7chicago.com...

www.cbsnews.com...

/r

Nah
You people just let the presidents son walk on a gun charge.
You are all bs.

No compromise on 2A.

(My God he thinks I'm about gun control...sigh..)

I'm not.

I am, however, interested in finding out WHY it's the go to for just about any type of perceived grievance.

A gun is just an object, but that object is used by certain groups exponentially more than others. That's the question I'm wondering about.

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 08:02 PM
link   

That is a problem that the city needs to deal with.
Only they have the ability unless you want the fed to step in....which ya probably don't.

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 08:34 PM
link   
It will take patriotic citizens to organize with financial backing from friendly sponsors to confront the real problem. The patriotic citizens need to train up, get hard and get to work. There is no easy, simple answer but hard work, sacrifice and dedication to the cause and above all perseverance.

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 09:05 PM
link   
So you don’t understand why criminals are armed?

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Look, I understand the direction you're going but I'm trying to go a bit deeper. I appreciate your input nonetheless.

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 11:51 PM
link   
1 in 4 children (all) in America live in homes without the father.

Not an excuse, but a shameful fact.

A contributing factor? Could very well be. The problem is there's no real, immediate solution that will stop the madness. It'll be generations before any noticeable change is really made.

The road out of this is barely even a road..

edit on 6/22/2023 by EternalShadow because: eta

posted on Jun, 23 2023 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Yeah what about criminals? Is it like a gender or sexual orientation?

Or does society has a role in the formation of criminals?

posted on Jun, 23 2023 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I am, however, interested in finding out why it's the go to for just about any type of grievance?

It is really quite simple really. please look back to a recent post about crime and punishment.
Swop the term criminal for the word authority. Any perceived grievance (breaking the law) is punished, whether it's prison etc. Now why are criminals sent to prison? The main point is to take them out of society. Out of society they cannot commit their crimes, then they are released. Either to stop being a criminal or to carry on committing crimes.

Now look on the criminal killing rivals (which the majority are), they can't put them in prison for a time as they would be released to be the opposition again. They are just eliminating the opposition permanently. Sad but true.

posted on Jun, 23 2023 @ 05:55 AM
link   

It’s the go to because they have given up all hope, and it’s part of their bylaws.

It’s not the gun laws. It is in a lot of cases, children who are neglected, abused, don’t have caring parents. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve known kids who genuinely imo should have grown up to be successful, kind people that were turned to demons because of gang life. I literally cried twice this week because a child I knew in AZ was stabbed to death by his best friend/gang member (he was severely abused as a toddler, burn marks on his face and who knows what else).

Another child I know from Boston is currently wanted for a murder. I know this kid. He had the most beautiful smile and was a sweetheart when he was little. I know his life was ROUGH. I tried to be there for him. Feed him, take him places with the other kids but his dad wouldn’t allow it. It would break my heart.

I knew a girl who was born into gang life. Toughest girl I ever met. Again, another girl who was wildly funny and extremely intelligent and had she not been born into that, could and should have become a successful individual.

Another kid, who I later found out his mother was a heroin addict, is headed for death I fear someday. Another kid, who just needed someone to love him, feed him and just give a #.

IMO, all the kids I knew who turned to gang life needed early intervention and it didn’t happen. Some even had DYS involvement. How the heroin mom got away with fooling everyone is beyond me. People reported her from what I understand and they were chastised for it.

Either the government needs to make gang activity a serious offense or you can expect it to encroach into your area.

Also, there need to be more opportunities for these kids for earning a decent living. If they want guns, they don’t need a license to carry to get one. Gun runners exist.

edit on 23-6-2023 by KTemplar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2023 @ 08:00 AM
link   

I can't say what will fix it, but I will say, the stats are used for anti 2-A propaganda, so "they" don't want this fixed, as it serves no purpose.

posted on Jun, 23 2023 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Well, first of all, you have to get rid of the idea, that when you shoot someone (gang releated) you get street cred, and move up in the ranks of the gang.

Because it levels the playing field of old fashion fist fighting. Those took brawn, and SMARTS. Too difficult now days.

posted on Jun, 23 2023 @ 10:56 AM
link   
If the Government would let Police Officers do their Job
it would be a step in the right direction.
If Judges Attorneys etc were held accountable for their Criminal activity that would be a step in the right direction.
Other than that Maybe we need a few Charles Bronson's.
A lot of these People that commit Crimes with Guns Evidently have a Death Wish.

posted on Jun, 23 2023 @ 11:25 AM
link   

It's a cultural feature now

I would guess that's the biggest reason nothing has been done about it, that and the biggest reason....nothing CAN be done about it. The gun violence in these "black" communities IS a cultural thing....it's a product of much vaunted Thug Culture as glorified in the "music" that is prevalent in these communities.

Unless and until Thug culture spills out of black communities and spreads across the broader society, I doubt the issue will ever be addressed. And that day may be comming; I've suspected that Thug culture is behind the recent uptick in violent assaults plaguing commercial passenger traffic; it's predominance in gatherings such as Spring Break has forced closures across many popular Spring Break venues. Now we see it rearing up at National Holiday Celebrations and it's taken over many Urban transit systems.

Only time will tell I guess.

posted on Jun, 23 2023 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Death penalty for anyone using a firearm in the commission of a crime.

posted on Jun, 23 2023 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Look, I understand the direction you're going but I'm trying to go a bit deeper. I appreciate your input nonetheless.

I really don’t think so.
Making a crime with a firearm a hard 25 would stop all the bull crap now.
But that won’t happen in blue states….
Oh wait where is this problem worst again?

<<   2 >>

join