It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Total Solar Eclipses 2023, 2024 Across the US - a Portent?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2023 @ 08:41 AM
link   
On Oct. 14, 2023, and Apr. 8, 2024 - 6 months apart, there will be 2 total eclipses visible in the US.

The linked map shows that they will intersect near San Antonio TX. "X" marks the spot!
I will be in Albuquerque in Oct, Austin in Apr.

solarsystem.nasa.gov...

I find this to be a very unusual occurance! Solar eclipses being rare enough. The previous total eclipse in the US in 2017, makes this a series of 3. There have not been but 8 total solar eclipses over somewhere in the US since 1776. And now a series of 3 so close together?

www.almanac.com...

I kinda find this a little spooky! I know back in the day this would definitely be some kind of sign in the heavens. Probably not tidings of good things.

Any astrologers on the board, please weigh in, what does this all mean??

edit on 6/21/2023 by CoyoteAngels because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2023 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: CoyoteAngels

Probably nothing to get our panties in a bunch about, but it would be interesting to hear what an astrologist says about it, just out of curiosity.

posted on Jun, 21 2023 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

i am getting excited about seeing the first one in Albuquerque in Oct. It's during the balloon fiesta, so there could be some very interesting photo opportunities at least! Maybe even watch it from a balloon!

posted on Jun, 21 2023 @ 10:38 AM
link   

I saw the last one in Nashville and man it was spectacular! We were almost dead on in the umbra.

posted on Jun, 21 2023 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Unfortunately I’m not an astrologist but do study Earth cycles for years as an interest.

I think the 400year and 1500year cycles should explain a little about possibilities

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2023 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

I actually flew to the PNW to watch it, but had to fly home with family emergency and only saw it partial in CA.

Nothing will make me miss either of these upcoming.

posted on Jun, 21 2023 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: ICycle2

I don't believe there is a relationship between solar eclipses and climate change. But I do believe that climate change is related to solar lifecycles. Which seem to be like nested loops.

Good link!

posted on Jun, 21 2023 @ 11:31 AM
link   
More about the Moon

The Moon and Tidal Cycles

The Moon:
Due to its closeness and gravitational influences the Moon plays a major part in our local cycles. The moon can move from 17/18° to 29° up and below Earths equator in its cycles. Although the tidal cycles are more obvious, it also pulls the atmosphere and equator to bulge. The estimation of the bulge on the molten inner core is 1-1,5 km which in turn affects the tectonic plates.
When the Sun and Moon reach alignment with the Moon in its closest position (Perigee-Syzygy) the gravitation pull can reach up to 44-47% more than usual.
The moon will move from the northern to southern hemisphere every 4 years causing a visible gravitational tidal spike cycle of 9 years with a higher spike every 18 -18,5 years causing a melt-water pulse in the oceans.
This again adds up to a 72 year cycle where we get a larger melt-water pulse.
There is a definite coloration between earthquakes and when these cycles occur, but they normally happen on the release after maximum pull (about a year). During the last 4 out of 5 cooling earth cycles the moon seems to cause a major volcanic eruption 15 – 25 years into this cycle, like the year without a summer.

0.20 year Cycle:
The Angular Momentum (AM) of the Mercury-Venus spring-tidal cycle.

0.32 year Cycle:
The (AM) of the Venus-Jupiter spring-tidal cycle.

0.80 year Cycle:
The (AM) of the Venus-Earth spring tidal cycle.

4 year Cycle:
The moon moves from the northern to southern hemisphere every 4 years and vice versa.

9.1 year Cycle:
The (AM) of the Earth/Lunar cycle. The Atlantic Multi-Decadal Oscillation is also on average around 9 years.

9.93 year Cycle:
The (AM) spring tidal period of Jupiter and Saturn.

11.86 year Cycle:
Is the (AM) of the tidal orbital period of Jupiter.

18-18.5 year Cycle:
Double Earth/Lunar (AM) cycle.

72 year Cycle:
A strong peak in the Earth/Lunar (AM) cycle.

posted on Jun, 21 2023 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Eclipses are completely 100% predictable hundreds of years in advance. All you need to do is run the numbers. Of course, if you are a Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's court, you may be able to use this knowledge to your advantage because the people are ignorant. Ignorant people see portents in entirely natural phenomena.

posted on Jun, 21 2023 @ 11:54 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 21 2023 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ICycle2
If it all comes to possible to happening, seems like all the covid lockdown control be aware safe yourself get neddle pinch mask wearing, was merely a drill exercise world-wide . . . .

posted on Jun, 21 2023 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: CoyoteAngels

i am getting excited about seeing the first one in Albuquerque in Oct. It's during the balloon fiesta, so there could be some very interesting photo opportunities at least! Maybe even watch it from a balloon!

Just make sure to use a good quality solar filter if you are shooting with a dslr and zoom lens.

posted on Jun, 21 2023 @ 04:49 PM
link   

This is easier than explaining it. No, it's not the slightest bit unusual.

In 2011, 2029, 2047, 2065, 2083/84, there will be 4 in 11 months.
edit on 21-6-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2023 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

We drove up the road to my mother's in Russellville, KY. It was total. Can't explain it. The most beautifully frightening thing I've ever seen.

posted on Jun, 21 2023 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

I understand that eclipses are well predicted far into the future, and where on Earth they will be total. It's rare to have one total near you more than once in a lifetime, but 2 in the same city, 6 months apart?

Its enough to keep the soothsayers busy!

posted on Jun, 21 2023 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Good advise! Thanks!

posted on Jun, 21 2023 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: MortemTyrannis07041776

I missed the one in 2017, from a good location, anyway. I saw it in So. Ca...not total, but a good bite of the cookie.

posted on Jun, 21 2023 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

Correct, a solar eclipse isn't unusual, except for being total where you are.

There have only been 8 TOTAL eclipses visible somewhere within the US since 1776.

And now 3 in a short timeframe.

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Since you asked there is a bible prophecy to watch here.

Between Daniel 8 and 11 you can make a list of events that are supposed to happen before the Apocalypse starts. The problem is that 3 of those events seemed to have happened. Being this.

A country that looked Greek to Daniel is attacked by 4 nations in the middle east. 9-11 seems to have fulfilled that.

Said country counterattacks and conquers 3 of those nations. The 2 horns of the ram from Daniel 8 and then the Ram itself.
Iraq and Afghanistan seems to have fulfilled the horns part of the prophecy. Then the question is "Was Iraq and Afghanistan enough or is one more country in the middle east going to be conquered?" "And if one more is needed will it be Iran?"

But then comes the big event. The country that looked Greek is broken 4 ways. And then turns into the 4 notable horns of the Goat. Which then joins up with the end time Roman empire to then be ruled by the Antichrist.

So think about it. Oh, and for those that think this is fulfilled bible prophecy there's a problem with that. Prophecies can repeat. So just because it happened once doesn't mean it can't happen again.

edit on 22-6-2023 by ntech because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I'll be in Quebec with my family to watch the eclipse on April 8th, and we are so looking forward to it! There was a partial eclipse in the same area in 2021 I believe, but it occurred in the early morning and we didn't get the "full effect". It was still neat to see though, and I can't wait for April 2023!

Personally, I am of the belief that "as above, so below" and while no one can say for certain if this is a foreshadowing of things to come, I definitely believe that occurrences in our cosmos can impact us individually and as a collective! I'm not so sure that we are as tuned into that right now though!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join