It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Documentation of The Holocaust

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: XipeTotex

over again to the shops and in puplic places so people would leave them alone and not start fights,

I was wearing masks to the store with the hope that someone would start a fight with me over it. Sadly, no one without a mask would even maintain eye contact with me.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Just so members are aware this thread is being watched closely by staff for understandable reasons. If you reply please do so with respect and mindful of the T&C we all agree to for the right to post here. Kapiche?

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 04:23 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Maybe, eugenics and evolution certainly have some homologous aspects.

I don't blame followers i blame those who lead them.
edit on 4/6/23 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 04:37 PM
link   

A lot of academics and scientists were indeed racist back then harboring some very strange views and notions.

Take for instance Francis Galton, apparently a cousin of Darwin, that coined the term "eugenics".

The fact of the matter is that our educational establishments of the day pretty much promoted the notion of our superiority.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade

Maybe, eugenics and evolution certainly have some homologous aspects.

I don't blame followers i blame those who lead them.

Both the vendor who sold the liquor and he who drank it are complicit in the vehicle collision that follows.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade
a reply to: randomuser

I agree the Nazis were hell bent on the destruction of everyone and everything which challenged their authority. However, these examples are nothing more than anecdotes by people who were persecuted but somehow survived this mass genocide to tell their stories. If they're there to tell the story then chances are the holocaust wasn't as effective as the claims.

Before tarnishing me with THAT brush, i have zero sympathy nor do i support the persecution of anyone for their religious beliefs or race. The fascist coonts can rot in hell as far as i'm concerned.

I see an analogous connection between the following two photos:

Ya know man...I have read most your threads and many responses you have made in the past and I don't ever really recall you comparing one wearing a mask to a NAZI....
I see the point you are trying to make but using NAZIs is maybe not the best comparison my dude.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Grenade

Leaders or followers Grenade.

The people that participated in the likes of the Nazi Holocaust still knew fine well that what they were doing was wrong and were complicit in the act.

I suppose a lot of them might have been forced to participate or else become part of the body count all the same.

Nasty business that went down back then and i wish i could say that humanity learned her lesson but i strongly suspect that's not the case given the like of some of the Holocaust deniers doing the rounds all over the tinternet.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

It's a very silly comparison. There was a lot of people that died due to corona virus. Being forced to wear a mask in public places is not even relatable. No one was forced with threatening of their lives to take the vaccine either.

I know some people that worked in the industry that created mandates and public communcation regarding the covid vaccine. They recieved death threats, accusations that they were apart of a conspiracy, ect..

People want to see everything in extremes sometimes. Most people were just trying to do what they think would help the situation in regards to covid.

But, the armchair internet "scientists" think they know better than everyone who actually spent their lives researching these things.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Our leaders reflect the flaws in our ability to self govern. Still, leaders should take responsibility with care.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Turquosie

I just don't understand how people in America can compare what happened during covid to the freakin' HOLOCAUST.

Talk about priviliged and out of touch with reality!

It just blows my mind.

Something something education system in America falling short.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Grenade

Well if its flaws we are after look no further than the people we put forward for the positions of power.

Take for instance Boris the cockwomble or Rishi Sunak who is not exactly in touch with the common everyday man.

Don't even get me started with the other side of the pond with the likes of Trump, Biden, MTG or George Santos.

They are not just flawed Grenade but broken beyond repair.

As to the way we govern, far as i understand it democracy is the best form of government devised thus far even if it is a prison where the majority cannot see the bars, and better than the alternatives on offer.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES

I just don't understand how people in America can compare what happened during covid to the freakin' HOLOCAUST.

Talk about priviliged and out of touch with reality!

It just blows my mind.

Something something education system in America falling short.

Well, that is the game people like to play today. It's like suggesting that stealing a pencil and robbing a bank are both stealing and so can be measured against each other.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Not only that, i'm really tired of seeing everything people simply don't like being compared as a "nazi". With the worst of it being leftists for that matter. Just go on some far-left reddit sub, and you'll see anyone they don't like or that has a differn't opinion being called a white supramacist nazi.

Somewhat similair to the alt-right's use of the word pedophile and groomer. Using it as an insult to anyone they don't like.

It really is showcasing how dumb people are becoming in the interest of civil discourse.

Do people not realize how horrific the holocaust, war, human trafficking is? If they did, I really don't understand how they can just use it as a petty insult and comparison to things not even remotely on the same level.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 05:39 PM
link   

I'm not in America and i was being melodramatic. Chill.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Democracy? When was the last time you voted on something important other than the puppet that tells you what to do?

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 05:54 PM
link   

I don't know what you're reading but within the context of my original post i completely condemned the Nazis. My comparison was to highlight the usage of propaganda to hypnotize a population into conformity for the "greater good".

Deep breaths, read it back. There's nothing offensive to anyone who uses logic and hindsight without bias.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Turquosie

Remind yourself who's being called a nazi in this thread, despite not saying one thing which could even remotely resemble fascism.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 06:03 PM
link   
[snipped]

Lest my post be removed for being off-topic, the Holocaust was certainly one of the darker periods in human history. More Jews died at the hands of Nazis than slaves did at the hands of plantation owners.

There were approximately 10 million Native Americans when the white man came, and by the late 19th century there were less than 238,000 indigenous people left.

Most countries have a rather shameful past of abusing citizens, sadly. I'd like to think the world has progressed from those dark days, but that doesn't seem to be the case. History seems to be stuck in an endless loop.

edit on Sun Jun 4 2023 by DontTreadOnMe because: Please alert to potential T&C violations.

posted on Jun, 4 2023 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: randomuser

Thank you and well said!
be glad this information wasn't in the previous thread, i fear it would have gone by mostly unnoticed.
Hopefully this thread will prevail, with the information you provided as testament, to the reality of the Nazi regime and the holocaust, as well as the intrinsic lessons of what hate and war really are.

edit on 04pm30600000023 by datguy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join