It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

95 year old woman gets tasered in N.S.W

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2023 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

Vitamin k2 helps to prevent these types of issues.
There are studies.

edit on 26-5-2023 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2023 @ 05:08 AM
link   
This reminds me of the two dogs that were executed in public in London the other day.

posted on May, 26 2023 @ 05:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka
a reply to: anonentity

There different kinds of dementia but those with Alzheimer, Lewy body dementia, Parkinson and MSA cannot be healed those are progressive memory disorders. Those in generally take sudden leaps to worse and patient can be seen worsening very quickly even in a day. Once we made a homecall and met old man with Alzheimer's disease with vascular features, he was in his garage, had 3 chain saws and one circular saw on garage table and he was behaving frantic, he also had gasoline jar too. He said he is going to fix those saws and work something in the garden, he was totally lost, he said he needs to do fix those but how he even asked our help.. Should we say just "Ok go on " or move him to facility elsewhere ? He was much better day before according his spouse.
Maybe you see a picture here ? and i answered to your question?

What's this got to to do with a 95 year old in a care home, that weighed 43 kilos and was 5ft 2 and couldn't walk unaided?

Officer White is reported to be 6ft 2 and 140 kilos.

posted on May, 26 2023 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Just an example how dementia renders in patients.. maybe you lost it ?

posted on May, 26 2023 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Prevention is everything, healthy lifestyle. When plague is there, there is no going back to that someone they used to be.. sorry that is a fact.

posted on May, 26 2023 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Would you have tazed a 95 year old in a care home, that weighed 43 kilos and was 5ft 2, that couldn't walk unaided?

What you have written in this thread makes it appear that you are defending the actions that resulted in the lady dying.

posted on May, 26 2023 @ 06:56 AM
link   

I have only given examples of situations where dementia renders itself in patients.. have i ever posted here anything where i took a side in direction or other ? No i have not and still won´t do as we do not know the situation when this happened. Only stated that demented patient can be harmful to themselves and others which is actually true. If you are not healthcare worker you propably have no idea that some patients needs almost 24 hours surveillance and cannot be left alone unless they are sleeping. I suggest you read and study this matter further..

posted on May, 26 2023 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka
a reply to: ancientlight

I replied OP post when he said " Color me stupid but aren't these supposed to be places of safety and healing?"
Major problem in homes of demented patients is that they are seldomly safe, patients do not understand what is safe what is not and in that point their family should make home safe to them, very often this part is what is lacking.

Clare Nowland was in a care home.

posted on May, 26 2023 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I think the police man has been charged.

Why not just hit the knife out of her hand with a baton. Better a broken hand than death.

posted on May, 26 2023 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Suicide by cop?

Rotting away in a care home with anything is a terrible way to go, but particularly with dementia. Now she is free.

posted on May, 26 2023 @ 08:11 AM
link   

So you have never been in care home? Care homes are not prisons, those who are able can move there on their own ( of course doors are usually locked so they can´t go out without supervision), when everything is calm and all peaceful then it is ok but people are inviduals even when they get older. I work as a nurse so doubt me all you want. I worked few years in care home it was 3 store building about 90% of residents there were demented, on first floor demented still mobile, second floor was demented with mental issues and third floor residents were those in late phase of dementia mostly unmobile. Worst floor was ?? the second.

posted on May, 26 2023 @ 08:32 AM
link   

I don't doubt you but it's not really about you and what you have seen or done, imo.

Clare Nowland was in facility that 'cares' for people like herself and now she is dead.....do you have anything to say about her experience?
I am personally am outraged.

The cop had been charged prior to her death.....but the charge may well be upgraded now and a care home worker has received death threats.

posted on May, 26 2023 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Problem is short sight you have, no experience whatsoever there. Even that it has been explained for you about care homes what those really are you seem to be very obnoxious and in utter denial . As i stated i have no idea what went through in that care home and i am not a judge here.. as you seem to be.
edit on 26-5-2023 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2023 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Depending on how deep into dementia triggered psychosis she was. getting her attention snould have been priority while simultaenously attempting to secure the knife, unfortunately these are not the thoughts alot of barney types have, chokin folks in the subways, tazing old ladys, dumpin clips into old guys in wheelchairs. Klown dunge...understanding that kooky people do kooky stuff. grab the knife arm. look in her eyes, cut yourself somewhere convenient and start singing baptist hyms then taze her

Threat assesment and discretion seem to be subjects that havent evolved much. These classes should not be reserved for advanced training. But they are, probably due to having to pump out cops off the ford line. Sad.

See knife. Draw weapon and challege. Thats it. Immediate force escalation is all that is taught. We could turn that decisive philosophy toward defusing tactic training with more focus on projected image and true reason for being in the first place.
edit on 26-5-2023 by didntasktobeborned because: But

<< 1   >>

join