It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soda Pop prices through the roof and that is enough

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Since the pandemic, the price of Coke, Pepsi and almost all other soda pop has more than doubled.
I do not care what they say about price increase, that stuff was always cheap to make as it is syrup, carbonated water and packaging. It was expensive for what it was at half the price.

So , enough is enough. Start to get healthy again and kicking that pop habit. It was not good for us anyway and even the diet stuff has new warnings about artificial sweeteners like aspartane and saccharine.

Many drinks and foods are artificially high and blaming the pandemic and inflation. Well the pandemic is over and inflation is not supposed to cause double prices, so we are basically being ripped off.

No Coke, No Pepsi, no nothing.

Does anyone feel the way I do about this?
edit on 19-5-2023 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

I agree. But, I do so reluctantly. It's more than likely the Lovecraftian nanotech in the off-brand cola I've been addicted to for awhile. But yes, filter your water.

#FilterYourWater! Grow your own food and/or keep your local trusted hobby agriculturist happy.
Learn to fight to the death. Survive and thrive as God intends.

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Years ago I replaced sugary drinks with good ol' PBR. Not only is it no where near as unhealthy, but Indrink less of them too. I go for PBR because it barely has any alcohol so drinking 3-4 16oz can within a 6-8 hour day do doesn't even produce a buzz.

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I had quit, but the hospital got me hooked on ginger ale again.

Almost like they'll refuse you for and water, but if you want some ginger ale....

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 02:20 PM
link   

I stopped drinking soda years ago, probably at least 15 now. I don't miss it at all. Very rarely will I drink it still, like maybe once or twice a year when we get fast food take out (which is only also once or twice a year now).
It's just plain trash . At home I fill a pitcher with ice cubes, lemon juices and lemon slices and add filtered water ,and leave that in the fridge. I fill a bottle and drink from that throughout the day.
My son just drinks water and organic milk. He will have soda twice a year as well.
He's wise for his age and knows it's just pure trash.

You have to ask yourself , if you wouldn't feed it to your pets why are you eating/drinking it?

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Shortly be calling it the Venezuelan diet.

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 02:48 PM
link   
You still drinking that crap?

Why you still drinking that crap?

Just STOP drinking that crap!

It's nothing short of tasty poison.

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Soda is so terrible for you. Stopping drinking it was one of the smartest things I've ever done.

I used to drink a 2 liter of Mountain Dew every day. But I finally quit it back 2002 I think, now I only have a small pepsi when I go to the movie theater.

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
Since the pandemic, the price of Coke, Pepsi and almost all other soda pop has more than doubled.

I have started drinking zero sugar/ calorie store brand from Kroger. Pretty good stuff, and pretty affordable.

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 08:40 PM
link   

I totally agree! I mostly drink water, but I have to admit I had quit Mt. Dew, but now I am drinking some each day - hard to give up since that's my main favorite item in life.

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies people, and it looks like many have quit it for a combination of not putting up with the artificial price increases as well as our overall health... and that is GOOD.

Now, I had to wean myself off it, and yes it was tough. If feel better and the money I spent on that sugary junk is now better spent buying the food I need, even though most of that is artificially expensive as well.

As consumers, we really need to be able to do a better job of what we allow in our homes. These manufacturers find out that we will pay more and the prices will keep going up while we listen to them tell us that they have supply problems or their costs are going up.... and we know most of that is BS.

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Honestly, I was luckier than most. My meds make carbonated beverages taste funky, so I've been involuntarily weaned for years now.

My husband finally kicked his Coke habit some years ago.

As a result, we no longer keep soda in the house. We do allow our son to have the occasional root beer or non-caffeinated soda when we eat out, but he often will opt for lemonade instead.

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

Years ago I replaced sugary drinks with good ol' PBR. Not only is it no where near as unhealthy, but Indrink less of them too. I go for PBR because it barely has any alcohol so drinking 3-4 16oz can within a 6-8 hour day do doesn't even produce a buzz.

Argghhh!

Pabst Blue Ribbon?

You were thinking like I was though, except I was thinking brew the beer yourself so you can drink it unpasteurized, the way God intended you to drink it. Wine is good if you like that, esp good when homemade and unpasteurized as well.

posted on May, 19 2023 @ 10:21 PM
link   
SODASTREAM

After the initial $60-$70 for the device, CO2 refills are $30.

A $30 CO2 cannister will make 60 liters of bubbly water.

2L bottle of coke is what?
$2.65?

$2.65 (2L) x 30 bottles = $79.50

By the 3rd refill the machine has paid for itself in soda savings.

ALSO you can customize your carbonated beverage.
Enjoy your fizzy water plain, or with a twist of lemon, or your favorite drink mix.

Brita filter + Sodastream = savings.

posted on May, 20 2023 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: CloneFarm1000

Thanks for that info, I am going to look into it.

So you can make something like Polar soda with no sweet anything and just flavor. That is cool.

posted on May, 21 2023 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I sure do! I stopped drinking soda pop 8 months ago. Here in Cleveland Ohio a 12 pack is over $8.00 there is absolutely no reason for that price gouging, yeah fuel prices but come on!
I drink Kool-Aid Grape, Orange and Lemonade

😎💪

posted on Jun, 18 2023 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I hear you last year I switched from few to Sundrop because I liked the flavor and at 1.25 a 2liter it was better on pocket book then they raised priced higher than dew do I switched to mountain lightening at 95cent I thought I had a good thing well now it's gone up 55cents it's ridiculous and pure price gouging

top topics

join