It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever really questioned anything?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2023 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Maxmars

If we are in some sort of a post-truth phase :
might that help explain how opinions and beliefs have taken somewhat more of a centre-stage now ?

What might Propaganda™ affect more : our agreed-upon constructs, or our beliefs/opinions ?

Do you ever question your idea : that ATS™ is an idea ?

posted on May, 15 2023 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin

Do you ever question your idea : that ATS™ is an idea ?

I have no real answer to that... It's a Möbius loop....

But I do acknowledge that the idea itself represent a choice of perspective.

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Question the questions

And the question the answers.

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 03:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Note to the reader, my thoughts below might not have appeared on the boards. Also, I will touch on different issues without going into depth to stay on-topic.

Things I have questioned or are rubbish in no particular order:

1. My past support for the war in Afghanistan and a broader understanding of military history.
  2. Mainstream media narratives concerning Ukraine from 2014 onwards.
  3. Co2 emissions are causing climate change/extreme weather.
  4. The prevailing political and cultural wisdom in New Zealand/my country.
  5. Trump - Russia Gate, and Biden stole the 2020 presidential election.

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Perspective sayeth thou ?

Maybe all we have is perception, and interpretation, of an incomprehensible flood of info.

Our brains are flooded by info from the senses, and we try to make sense of it all.

We have all fashion of filters, deflectors, blinders, and sluices, in place.

Some of it programmed into us, some adopted as survival tools, some instinctual, some natural, and all other manner of interference, self-defence, or programming.

We don't often get-around to questioning those, though : eh ?

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

"Perspective" represents the substrate from which any individuals assessment of reality can form or be expressed.

While it is true that we are subject to interpreting constantly flowing information, we are informed by our capacity to construe 'possible' meaning, and hindered by our propensity to attribute 'preferred' meaning; almost needless to say, the effort is ongoing.

But I leave the deep disconnect to greater minds than mine... life requires living; and at least for me, participation is part of survival... It feels like there's no point in learning lessons if you don't apply them...

edit on 5/17/2023 by Maxmars because: grammar

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 05:01 PM
link   

There seems to always be a threshold, beyond which we stop asking questions.

It's different for as many reasons as there are folks, probably.

It ain't easy to get behind that compulsion to make ourselves into Human-Doings,
rather that just be Human-Beings.

Perhaps no regular folks really " Question everything ? "

posted on May, 17 2023 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
This may be the very last place for true conspiracy talk on the entire internet. Let's all make this the place to discuss it.

I was drawn to this site during it's glory days. I lurked for quite some time, as I was very circumspect about leaving a digital signature, but eventually decided that was pretty much an impossibility. Still, there was also Art Bell, and Jeff Rense (prior to him embracing the crazy) and a lot of fascinating material being disseminated to audiences hungry for that sort of thing. Before that was ParaNet, AlterNet, and the various BBs that existed before www, while we were still using Gopher and FTPs.

Aside from the political shenanigans that have, in my opinion, quite deliberately brought this site down, other things are different now. Research in conspiracy theory cannot be done in secret. When you stare into the abyss...it stares back. Things have evolved on this site that I, and others, eventually felt compelled to back away from. Donno what to tell ya...

posted on May, 17 2023 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Quite some time ago, I felt the hesitation of putting my thoughts into a public forum. Imagining a stasi-like operation singling out any individual who dare think freely... but later I estimated that such an approach was actually counterproductive to the stated goal... 'finding and cataloging dissent.'

When a school of herring form a bait ball of hundreds of thousands, trying to catch a specific one is a pointlessly wasteful effort.

So I shed my ego-driven fear (in my case) and moved forward... I don't expect your case is similar so I can't realistically opine on your perspective. But I can say that in my general opinion, silence is never a component of resolution; your voice is too important to withhold. ((But I don't live in Canada... things seem to be very 'different' there of late.))

posted on May, 17 2023 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maxmars
When a school of herring form a bait ball of hundreds of thousands, trying to catch a specific one is a pointlessly wasteful effort.

True...but that kind of 'seine netting' IS being done by alphabet agencies and it would not take too much effort to find threads here where posters' computers suddenly develop 'problems' when certain topics are invoked. You CAN find stuff on the internet...and it can find you back!

posted on May, 21 2023 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Yes, I question authority constantly, And the people that seek authority.

they lie and so do their followers. Can't trust any of them! You know who your are....
edit on 21-5-2023 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2023 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I applaud the new owners to trying to bring back the site to it's roots. ATS, at most, was nothing but a large political echo-chamber with a few UFO, Bigfoot and other stories sprinkled in

I know where were some great posters back in the day who for some reason left or got banned because of some contention with the then-owners of the site. I really hope they lurk and decide to request to participate again. (ahem...Proto!..)

posted on May, 21 2023 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Yep...pretty sure we have both been around for a while.

I was more Wilhelm Reich, PROMIS, Inslaw, Stephens&Stephens...

posted on May, 27 2023 @ 12:23 PM
link   

I question why was this thread even made when everyone know the answers. Or think they do...
edit on 27-5-2023 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2023 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: CoyoteAngels
High Strangeness doesn't happen everyday. But politics does. So when its a slow strangeness day, it's only natural to talk about something else and politics seems to excite everyone.

Actually "High Strangeness" does happen everyday, nonstop, if you know where to look.

I can take you to a place, then when you get home, you will question the "reality" that surrounds you. Somehow you will be
changed....forever!

posted on May, 27 2023 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Truly question anything? I question Everything!
I question every news item I see, every medication I'm subscribed, every new person I meet, every picture, every vid every conspiracy....I question my entire existence...
I question to the point that I'm for 95% convinced that we live in a simulated universe, because that's about the only thing left that makes sense... but then you can't say that on ATS because they will say you are associated with a person we shall not name on these boards.

As for the true conspiracies, I don't think they can't be proven anymore, when you can't trust a picture or a video anymore, how can you ever be certain about what is real and fake? And with all the negative media attention lately I think the true conspiracy theorist that is still working on something is not going to show himself on a public forum and certainly not going to lay out his 'proof' for all to see and risk being arrested, or worse.

posted on May, 28 2023 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: CoyoteAngels
High Strangeness doesn't happen everyday. But politics does. So when its a slow strangeness day, it's only natural to talk about something else and politics seems to excite everyone.

Actually "High Strangeness" does happen everyday, nonstop, if you know where to look.

I can take you to a place, then when you get home, you will question the "reality" that surrounds you. Somehow you will be
changed....forever!

When are we leaving? Should I pack a light bag?

posted on May, 28 2023 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I question absolutely everything. Something you should all be constantly questioning is why there are so many people on this CONSPIRACY website who merely parrot every obvious piece of propaganda they can.

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Yep...pretty sure we have both been around for a while. I was more Wilhelm Reich, PROMIS, Inslaw, Stephens&Stephens...

I'm past naming items of serious concern. So why even comment? Maybe as a warning to others? Donno.

posted on May, 29 2023 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

Vasa, yeah it seems that real digs are few and far between lately.

Cheers

The answer to the question is 42.

I know you saw that one coming.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join