It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever really questioned anything?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2023 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I agree with another member below who said 'question the questions'. The media's questions have to be biased because we are all biased to a certain extent. Some question it, most don't.

Question people's agendae.

Question the methodology of science studies.

Question if the acquisition of power and/or money is involved in anything.

As for ATS in the past, if you look in the 'forums' area you will see the UFO and Aliens is still #1, second are 'Conspiracies' and third 'political madness'. Alternative news seems to have the most postings, less so with new thread creation.

From my perspective, people here seem to gravitate towards the same topics as evidence by the stats.

posted on May, 15 2023 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Times have changed.

It seems like we're living in some kind of post-truth dreamstate.

Like humanity is in a trance.

We be hyp-no-tized ! LoL !!

But we carry on.

Just trudging-on through the muck.

Why ?

posted on May, 15 2023 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

That's for sure, and even if started discussing non-political topics, they'd pretty soon discover it and wreck those too. Before you know it Ancient Aliens is going to have that "very special episode" where the LGBTQ+BBQ folks tell us all how queer the aliens are and prove it by showing how nothing disproves it.

I joke, but that's how the left has broken so much else in life: education, TV,movies, music, video games, comics, sports ....

They'll come for everything with woke sooner or later.

posted on May, 15 2023 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone
Very observant. I never noticed that and you have my curiosity up.

posted on May, 15 2023 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quadrivium
a reply to: quintessentone
Very observant. I never noticed that and you have my curiosity up.

I tend not to hang with alien stuff much. To me, I treat those topics like most atheists would treat religion. They would say God needs to put up or shut up; I think the same with aliens.

I suppose life ought to exist out there, but I see little purpose in it behaving voyeuristically.

posted on May, 15 2023 @ 12:27 PM
link   

We aren't conspiracy theorists anymore. Times have changed and information is now more bountiful than could previously have been imagined. With one caveat; you get only what you are shown.

If you've played the sourcing hop-scotch game you quickly come to find out that your source tracks all the way back to but a few places who typically use the sources with qualifiers of "known" "close to" "part of..." etc.

If that were not bad enough, there is the added pressure of identity politics which seeps into just about everything. Where people feel compelled to defend an ideal or organization that has nothing to do or would not do anything to help them.

LGBT, BLM, NRA....GOP...DNC for a few examples. These would cover the modern CT's that tend to be pervasive here which even when risen above, fall right back into the constraints of the caveat noted above.

It's a cycle of BS.

posted on May, 15 2023 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I think that's why the government changed it from UFO to UAP.
They now know these things are extadimentional.
Religion and the UFO topics may be talking about the same things.

posted on May, 15 2023 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

That's for sure, and even if started discussing non-political topics, they'd pretty soon discover it and wreck those too. Before you know it Ancient Aliens is going to have that "very special episode" where the LGBTQ+BBQ folks tell us all how queer the aliens are and prove it by showing how nothing disproves it.

I joke, but that's how the left has broken so much else in life: education, TV,movies, music, video games, comics, sports ....

They'll come for everything with woke sooner or later.

Yeah, that about sums it up. If it isn't woke yet, it will be.

posted on May, 15 2023 @ 01:24 PM
link   

That is a question in and of itself. The woke agenda isn't popular, isn't in demand, but it ends up being forced in again and again.

Market wise there seems to be no evidence this is a winning strategy beyond simply leaving no other options.

Why?

posted on May, 15 2023 @ 01:29 PM
link   
High Strangeness doesn't happen everyday. But politics does. So when its a slow strangeness day, it's only natural to talk about something else and politics seems to excite everyone.

posted on May, 15 2023 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Quadrivium

Language is being manipulated to manipulate our minds. UAP is a new term, for an old phenomenon, that they wrote off as 'lunatic fringe' long ago.... so they must disassociate from the lunatics they labelled as such. Thus a new terminology so that they can now 'investigate'.

SSDD

posted on May, 15 2023 @ 01:37 PM
link   

I seek knowledge. I wonder. I ask myself if the knowledge i seek has an answer. From a young child on. I can see it before me even though all the political has taken precidence . But, if you stop wondering then we had lost a little of that spice of life.

posted on May, 15 2023 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: CoyoteAngels

Language is being manipulated to manipulate our minds. UAP is a new term, for an old phenomenon, that they wrote off as 'lunatic fringe' long ago.... so they must disassociate from the lunatics they labelled as such. Thus a new terminology so that they can now 'investigate'.

SSDD

If I make a thread, about the post you responded to, would you come contribute your thoughts?
I think I can make a decent case for the statement you responded to.

It is a DEEP rabbit hole and incorporates many different ATS forums.
Sad thing is, I have ADHD and will probably lose interest before I finish it

posted on May, 15 2023 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Have you ever really questioned anything?

Just ATS, which has proven itself quite unreliable.

edit on 5/15/2023 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2023 @ 03:08 PM
link   

I would be happy to participate on your thread! I think you have alot to say.

posted on May, 15 2023 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: CoyoteAngels

I would be happy to participate on your thread! I think you have alot to say.

I DO!!
It may not be coherent, all the time, but I do have a lot to say.
Mods wish I would just shut up, I'm sure.

posted on May, 15 2023 @ 07:12 PM
link   

There isn't too many Alien, Bigfoot, or monster stories any longer.

Most events on the topic like JFK are completely wrapped around Politics. Likewise, their drive to "Transform" our nation mainly focuses on "Social Issues".

If you are relying on alien stories this will be a dead site.

posted on May, 15 2023 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

They are kinda doing it, seen the transformers cartoon new pronoun BS? Even basic kids cartoons are now being saturated.

No, no conspiracy or agenda being pushed here.....
edit on 15-5-2023 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2023 @ 07:52 PM
link   

I kept circling this thread... torn between what you mean (what your question is contextually related to,) ... and what my own ideas about "questioning 'anything'" means to me. I tend to try an respect the intent of the thread-maker (the conversation starter) as best I can.. but as I said; I kept circling the thread.

I am trying to understand how we will decide to use this new Forum. Will it be populated with reflections and commentary on commonly access sources of information? Will it be a running open commentary on the state of information peddling in our common spaces of reality? Will it be blatantly ideological source bashing; or will it be about 'illuminating' what propaganda is being echoed across the infosphere?

But you bring up a reminiscence of past ATS attributes... the long deep dive... the epic expository threads, the relentless unpacking of what we are told as opposed to what we know. And to this I say... that activity didn't 'stop' on it's own. It was stopped, halted, and virtually rejected... by us all.

Time is the culprit here. The tone and tenor of ATS members changed... We started in a world where we could chuckle about the idea that people got upset when "someone was wrong on the internet" and now we are at the point of war-like epic ranting tirades brought forth unabashedly and even pridefully to usurp anyone else's point... regardless of the topic, the intent, or the conversations. I think it was the cumulative effect of generational changes, activism and activist journalism, and abusive psychological marketing entering the social engineering tool set.

Imagine a cherished work being shared suddenly, repeatedly, and fervently interrupted to discuss "feelz," or political hackery, celebrity theater, or obnoxious personal attacks... That is what kills the deep dive. 'Hate' which overrides the topic because of a disfavored personality in the narrative... ends the exposition... echoing the outer internet ad infinitum and increasing the count of 'issues' brings any unpacking to a halt.

This is my way of proposing that the ATS you are remembering is actually still here ... it's only buried underneath the rough overgrowth of the nonsense that most frequently speaks only the language of D-ego.

Our culture here in the world we share is most importantly our responsibility. It has value. Which is why included in any questioning of reality we have to consider not only what we have made of it, but what we are in the process of making it. And it is especially important to at least know and appreciate both that there are many people pulling in a different direction that you might not even care to go; as well as that there are people who don't want to go where you are going.

ATS, to me is like an idea... to others it's an 'activity,' to some its a 'place'.. it's all about expectations.

posted on May, 15 2023 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Maxmars

ATS, to me is like an idea... to others it's an 'activity,' to some its a 'place'.. it's all about expectations.

Exactly! Expectations, I prefer to keep mine on the low end of the spectrum, especially when it concerns humans, Seldom disappointed and much happier.

“I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.”
― Bruce Lee

edit on 15-5-2023 by olaru12 because: sp

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join