It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Fast Food Chicken May Only Be 50% Chicken (Soybean Oil, Soy, Seaweed, Oats, Wood)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2023 @ 02:46 PM
link   
PSA - If you have food allergies or are avoiding massive inflammatory ingredients like soybean oil and carrageenan, you need to know that you can't even get things you think are kind of healthy at most fast food places. I know I have tried to avoid those 2 in particular and Kroger's main brand of raw chicken is actually injected with carrageenan to up the weight.

If you have food allergies, this is a good article.

How 14 popular fast-food chains are bulking up their poultry-based offerings with seaweed, beef, soy, oats and WOOD

www.dailymail.co.uk...

In the patty of the Wendy's classic chicken sandwich, only 56 percent of the meat is chicken breast.

Wendy's

The other 44 percent is a mixture of water, wheat flour, starch, acids, spices and flavor powders. It also includes fully refined soybean oil, raising agent and more unusual ingredients such a dehydrated chicken powder and smoke flavoring.

The patty, bun and mayonnaise include over five allergens, so it's worth checking the recipe before you tuck in if you have any allergies

Whataburger

According to The Daily Meal, a significant proportion of the chain's Southern-style chicken strips are not pure chicken meat, with up to 12 percent of each tender containing ingredients like water, sodium phosphate, and isolated soy protein.

Burger King
According to The Daily Meal, Burger King chicken nuggets also contain a whole host of flavorings alongside chicken breast and rib meat.

These include autolyzed yeast extract, a substance derived from yeast, and other flavor enhancers including disodium guanylate, a form of salt that is sometimes used in tandem with MSG, and which is also found under the name E627.

They are also unsuitable for anyone who can't eat eggs, milk, wheat, gluten or celery.

posted on May, 14 2023 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Ah , and Don't Forget about the Horse Meat and Bug Proteins too .............

Just Lost My Lunch Thinking of that.........(

posted on May, 14 2023 @ 02:53 PM
link   

The wife and I and both daughters and their families don't buy hardly anything with carrageenan in it. We just don't think the stuff tastes very good. The ones we avoid the most are ice cream, sour cream, and most milk products...we don't buy much chocolate milk these days for the kids or grandkids, regular milk with hersheys syrup is better....also most of the stuff we get is derived from whole or 4 percent milk cream. If you are going to do something naughty then it might as well be worth it.

I did a hell of a lot of research studying most of everything about carrageenan, and I do realize it is a medicine for some things, but still dislike the taste of products containing it. It is not the same plant as Irish moss. Gar gum and xanthian gum seem to taste better in ice cream. Daisy sour cream tastes good without any thickeners.

edit on 14-5-2023 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2023 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Yikes. Hershey's is all high fructose corn syrup with about 5% cocoa added. It's an artificial sweetener that can't even qualify as chocolate because of the low cocoa content.

Save your family the diabetes issues and use real chocolate if you want to make your own choco milk.

posted on May, 14 2023 @ 03:12 PM
link   
We went shopping today and had a ten dollar gift card I won at the wild game feed door prize at the gun club. So we decided to go to McDs at Walmart when we were there. The wife had a big mac combo and it was eight fifty nine and I had two of the chicken sandwiches that were two for three bucks. The chicken sandwiches I had actually tasted like chicken...it freaked me out, their little chicken sandwiches haven't tasted like chicken for many years. Maybe they started putting bullion in them or something. They were also bigger patties than they were when I last had one a few years ago.

With that ten buck gift card it still cost us two sixty with the taxes.....they are not shy about raising prices anymore.

posted on May, 14 2023 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogany

Yikes. Hershey's is all high fructose corn syrup with about 5% cocoa added. It's an artificial sweetener that can't even qualify as chocolate because of the low cocoa content.

Save your family the diabetes issues and use real chocolate if you want to make your own choco milk.

We don't put nearly as much of it in as is in the chocolate milk in the store. It is mildly flavored and way less sweet than the chocolate milk in the store. We babysit the Great Grandkids and if you give them too much sugar and chocolate they are bouncing off the walls and don't obey the rules of our house...no horsing around or horseplay, no jumping on the furniture, and no running in the house and no sweets before they eat their supper or lunch. Those are the rules. Treating is a reward in our house.

The two little yearling bucks fight on our deck and hoof each other when eating sunflower seeds. The kids have seen them do this and I refrain from telling the kids to stop Bucking around because if they start saying that in school and at others houses it might be interpreted wrong by the people hearing it.
I really want to tell them to quit bucking around too, but even though they know what I am talking about, other people won't when they hear it.

Almost as bad as a kids show that is about a chicken chick. The author keeps saying chicken chick a lot and fast and it sounds like chicken#. The wife and I couldn't help but laugh when we heard them say it often when they watched it one day. That is a banned cartoon now, it was one of those where someone reads the book and the words get highlighted as they say them to help kids learn to read. That is all we need is to have the great granddaughter in Kindergarden saying Chicken chick in front of the teacher.

posted on May, 14 2023 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Soon 0% chicken, and 100% mrna... probably.

posted on May, 14 2023 @ 03:50 PM
link   

As an exclusive investigation by DailyMail.com

Folks
Never
Read .
And what qualifications do they have ?

posted on May, 14 2023 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Surprised people need an article to tell them that this isn't real food. And people wonder why they obese and/or have health problems.

posted on May, 14 2023 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogany

When are they going to Introduce Fluoride into their Chocolate Bars ? You Know it's Coming , they are Not Getting Rid of US Fast Enough ......

posted on May, 14 2023 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: v1rtu0s0
Soon 0% chicken, and 100% mrna... probably.

McHyde Chicken Meat Will be All the Rage Next Grown in Bio Labs..........

edit on 14-5-2023 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

link   

Don't know why but the last chicken sandwich I bought at my local Sonic, probably a year ago, chewed like rubber.

Can't wait to try their bug sandwich as soon as it comes out.
edit on 14-5-2023 by LittleJake because: (no reason given)

link   

DP
edit on 14-5-2023 by LittleJake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2023 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleJake

LOL , I Give you a Deserved Star for that Awesome Display of Sarcasm ..........

posted on May, 14 2023 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Im so grateful you didn't say 'bugs'.

posted on May, 14 2023 @ 04:49 PM
link   
No take out fast food for my family. We buy organically fed/ no antibiotic pasture raised chicken, and grass-fed grass finished no hormone beef. Its worth the extra cost. I like preparing my own food here. We wash our hands often. I do love homemade barbequed hot off the grill chicken breast sandwiches, with fresh crispy organic red leaf lettuce from my yard, organic red onion, organic tomato, with lots of quality sauce. Bison tacos is another wonderful homemade fast food that is a real hit with my grandkids.

posted on May, 14 2023 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Appears they are getting their information from this food news site: www.thedailymeal.com...

posted on May, 14 2023 @ 06:55 PM
link   

One of the few fast food places I like is Qdoba. I normally get the steak burrito bowl.

I told my husband last time I got it the beef tasted 100% like pork. I’m not talking about pork seasoning, or maybe pork was cooked first then beef, I’m talking the beef tasted like pork.

I know that places like Qdoba don’t use a whole strip, they used meat that has been “glued” together. I guess they may be using other meats or substances to do so. Yuk!

BTW. I’ve never trusted chicken nuggets in the first place.

posted on May, 14 2023 @ 07:09 PM
link   
That's a much, much higher percentage of meat than I was expecting, tbh.

posted on May, 15 2023 @ 05:26 AM
link   

And guess what, 99 percent of all the soy nowadays is GMO, which is very harmful in itself.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join