It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians Targeted with Holy Spirit Ouija Board

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Or......

You know, maybe someone thought to try to convert the pagans, using a tool they might use.

Cause Christianity has never been done before.

Someone is out to make a buck.
And there are plenty of stupid people to give it to them.

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Insurrectile

The Ouija Board isn't a board game necessarily.

If you take it for what it is or is supposed to be, it's a way to contact spiritual entities from beyond who will communicate with you. That's the kind version.

The dark version is that entities from beyond are seldom benevolent. They may play a good game. They may tell you lots of true information to lead you on and hook you, but they are really playing with you and most are sowing that truth with enough lies to twist you. Their purpose is to lead you astray if they can, to mess with you.

Except that we're being led astray with this narrative around God's representative on earth in the first place, of course. The Spanish Inquisition at least had the decency to develop certain protocols for heresy, but how about you?

You think burning every ouija board would suffice?

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

The Bible book of Acts of the Apostles pinpoints the source of a certain servant girl’s ability to predict the future as being “a spirit, a demon of divination.” When the apostle Paul ordered the spirit to “come out of her,” she lost her power of prediction. (Acts 16:16-19)

Those times were full of fear of the unknown. Of course the power left the girl, otherwise they may have stoned her to death. Smart girl.

The unknown does not necessarily have to be bad or feared, that is fear propaganda initiated by the church either out of fear or to control people.

If one's faith is strong and strenghtened with prayer and psychic abilities then you are well armed going in and if you really don't believe, then don't try it.

Ephesians 6:11-12 ESV
Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.
edit on q00000051531America/Chicago3838America/Chicago5 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33
I hope you closed the game properly by saying "Reginald, that is all for tonight.", otherwise the spirit door is still open and that jinn clearly disguised as a butler will come and git ya!! 👻

It seems that Ouija boards can be used as a tool to reveal (or confirm) the craziness of an individual.

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: baggy7981
I hope you closed the game properly by saying "Reginald, that is all for tonight.", otherwise the spirit door is still open and that jinn clearly disguised as a butler will come and git ya!! 👻

It seems that Ouija boards can be used as a tool to reveal (or confirm) the craziness of an individual.

So could performing religious rituals with tools. So could praying with Bible in hand. So could holding up your country's flag while calling for violence. Intent is everything.

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: baggy7981

Lol.

It was a riot.

"Spirit, would you have a problem if we gave you a name and identity?"

"Yes"

"But you haven't established one, so what's to say the one we suggest isn't your true identity?"

"No"

"Aren't you [Reginald...]. The loyal servant to a nobleman in Sussex?"

"No"

"But that's who the other spirits said we are contacting. Why would the other spirits lie about you like that?"

< I don't know circle >

"So why won't you admit you are Reginald? We know you are him! Is your name Reginald...?"

"Yes"

Then proceeded on from there screwing with it.

The most hilarious thing of all was we had to gaslight our own ideomotor reflex to suggest it's identity. And once its identity was suggested it got more and more refined as a stereotypical "Americanised" British butler.
edit on 16-5-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 11:52 AM
link   

As I said before, it's all about intent.

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

Not sure any magical intent or occulty stuff occurred. This was fun, but we were science nerds at heart. So our intent was to test the ideomotor reflex and power of suggestion.

We started off like typical and got a "spirit." Then we tried to rework the spirit and found they have both "apparent will" and "malleability to suggestion". We concluded it was a mechanism of the unconscious (subconscious/subliminal) and existed separate from our conscious control.

We came to that conclusion because it resisted our efforts initially. We needed to gaslight it to change its identity. We determined our unconscious minds move the thingy to the most like answer drawing from whatever myth and trope characters are most present in society initially, and then can be led off a cliff if you want them too.

It could be considered offensive to typical use because it never asserted the spirit was an actual entity.

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Your scientific study excluded ESP or divination, so I'd consider it consciously and unconsciously biased.

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 12:34 PM
link   

As an aside, I was cautioned (by an occultist) against doing this because the "unconscious" has some black lodge/white lodge qualities to it, if you get the reference. According to belief constructs of the unconscious are capable of subverting and creating artifacts in space/time when "tapping into it", which may or may not use a super-causal divine mechanism to accomplish said acausality.

In short the criticism was: I was experimenting with a superconnected metaversal godform. And our unconscious responses neglected where those initial answers came from, and the causeless universe they exist in. Said nothing for psychic phenomenon, channeling, remote viewing, or conjuring.

You share the same criticism. Which I'll admit I've tested (or tried testing) other ways because it's a valid one, acausally speaking.

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 12:39 PM
link   

The occultist's advice may be correct and useful if one is using occultist methods.

Christian's with strong beliefs will approach it differently, with one mission or intent, that being to contact the Holy Spirit. No sidestepping. Well that's the message I'm getting from the Christian's who claim success in the Amazon comments section. 4.2 out of 5 stars for this board.

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 01:09 PM
link   

And Mexican Santeras do things with chickens and candles and dust. I suppose if the intent is pure they won't get blowback from the Orishas, If that's what they believe. If you believe it.

The criticisms pretty much got me into occult concepts.

It's interesting. And insanely nebulous.

One of the best ideas I heard was this:

In all cause and effect, in all wave collapse there is still still a mathematical appearance for some "extra code". Whether though paradox, infinite reduction, ect, there's always this unspoken "X factor" in play. The other cause for the effect.

In short this "X Factor" to all equations is like some "Grand Master Observer". The grand dictator of weird wave collapse in a state of existence connected but seperate, systemically balancing us with laws of disorder, or something along those lines.

Apparently, you can harness this Grand Master observer ability and use this X factor to manipulate reality. All you need is faith that you can do it. It's like a universe existing with an Imaginationland, only you can go through Imaginationland and cause random wave collapse in your favor in the existing universe.

Things like divination (ouija boards) are allegedly a way of communicating with this Grand Causal Master Whatever.

I like the concept for a story, Too science minded for it I think. But who's to say they can't discover some supercausal X factor? Organizing principle?

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Here's a little story about my first time attempting deep meditation to contact my spirit guide. I researched extensively in precisely what to do and guess what? Intent was the key. So I devised my intent to be, if I was successful, to ask my spirit guide a very personal life decision question that I already knew the answer to, guess what? After contact my spirit guide and asking the question, it smerked at me and said "You already know the answer". Intent is the key. But I understand what you are getting at.
edit on q00000031531America/Chicago5959America/Chicago5 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

originally posted by: TzarChasm

It's always interesting to see peoples' unshakeable faith get effortlessly shaken. Note that I said interesting, not constructive. Like watching a paraplegic jump out of his chair because a spider fell in his lap.

Unshakable faith?
Evidently the bible teaches just the opposite about faith
Its fleeting
bible.knowing-jesus.com...
Many times the faithful are called to hold on despite the evidence or lack thereof

Interesting how you are in a thread about misrepresenting christianity
Simple message is lost because

Defy ignorance, is the motto of the new and improved forum. As you can see there are abundant experiences suggesting that fear is the enemy, not occult tools and alternative faiths. Fear grows in ignorance like weeds.

Fear?
Just that faith is clearly shakeable, hence why the bible repeats, over and over, hold onto faith in spite of life

"unshakeable faith get effortlessly shaken"
just interested where you find this unshakeable faith verse? Pretty sure every single apostle mentioned in the bible, lost their faith?
“Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.”
Clearly misinformed

And here you are, defending faith that doesn't need defending, asserting your ego because my harmless observations clearly touched a nerve or you wouldn't feel compelled to react. Don't you perceive the irony in your protests?

Ouija boards don't kill people, people kill people and never with a Ouija board. Get your facts straight.

edit on 16-5-2023 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 03:16 PM
link   

I like the concept for a story, Too science minded for it I think. But who's to say they can't discover some supercausal X factor? Organizing principle?

Ever thought about (your own) consciousness being said Grand Master Observer? We don't know much about consciousness after all. It might only emerge in this interplay of guts, heart and mind, as an organizing principle itself.

posted on May, 16 2023 @ 08:43 PM
link   

It's always interesting to see peoples' unshakeable faith get effortlessly shaken. Note that I said interesting, not constructive. Like watching a paraplegic jump out of his chair because a spider fell in his lap.

Unshakable faith?
Evidently the bible teaches just the opposite about faith
Its fleeting
bible.knowing-jesus.com...
Many times the faithful are called to hold on despite the evidence or lack thereof

Interesting how you are in a thread about misrepresenting christianity
Simple message is lost because

Defy ignorance, is the motto of the new and improved forum. As you can see there are abundant experiences suggesting that fear is the enemy, not occult tools and alternative faiths. Fear grows in ignorance like weeds.

Fear?
Just that faith is clearly shakeable, hence why the bible repeats, over and over, hold onto faith in spite of life

"unshakeable faith get effortlessly shaken"
just interested where you find this unshakeable faith verse? Pretty sure every single apostle mentioned in the bible, lost their faith?
“Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.”
Clearly misinformed

And here you are, defending faith that doesn't need defending, asserting your ego because my harmless observations clearly touched a nerve or you wouldn't feel compelled to react. Don't you perceive the irony in your protests?

Ouija boards don't kill people, people kill people and never with a Ouija board. Get your facts straight.

Read it again, maybe a couple of times, slowly
Didnt defend anything, just corrected your false statement
Ego?
You said "Unshakeable faith"
I corrected you and your opinion that christianity is an unshakeable faith
Where did you get christianity is an unshakeable faith from, just asked is all

Do you believe that, unshakeably
Do you really believe christianity is an unshakeable faith, can you sincerely answer the question
Because its not about anything other than your comments that christianity is an "unshakeable faith", just like to know where you got that from
edit on 16-5-2023 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2023 @ 03:19 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I don't doubt that this is a thing, but I am a bit mystified by it, as the most religious people I know (and respect) have very big concerns about Ouija boards. But as the OP points out, there are already plenty of heretical Christian sects out there, so why not one that believes in the communication with the Almighty by a cardboard parlor game. Seems that it could well have been created as a mockery, though, as some have speculated here.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join