It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Speaker Delivers Impressive Performance

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2023 @ 07:26 PM
link   
This country was built on immigrants, it is what makes it great. If there were no immigrants, we would all be Native Americans.

The current immigrants from Central and South America work very hard, harder than any genuine Americans I have seen, and they do so for minimal pay.

In addition, for the Christians out there, Jesus and the Bible are clearly in favor of welcoming immigrants and treating them with respect. If you go against this principal, you are abandoning your faith.

However, I am interested in hearing your legitimate, fact-based concerns about the current immigration crisis.
edit on 03pmWed, 03 May 2023 19:28:32 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2023 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Your anecdotal evidence isn't TRUTH, it's subjective and frankly misleading.

If you expect me to fill you in on "my concerns" about the current immigration CRISIS you so calmly dismiss as trivial, you're in for a long wait because you are willfully ignorant.

Nothing I will say will penetrate your already preestablished views and you're obviously fine with the current situation.

You're probably fine with giving illegal criminals, or "immigrants" as you call them, over 400k each for breaking our laws and spitting on our sovereignty while enriching MEXICO'S drug pins!!

Everyone is winning right??

Question: Is your loyalty based on race or party politics??!!

Be honest! Or are you a bleeding heart humanitarian who can't understand basic socioeconomics?
edit on 5/3/2023 by EternalShadow because: eta

posted on May, 3 2023 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow
a reply to: EmeraldCoastFreedm

I think that's the overall consensus here; a lot of talk and very little action. That's one of the reasons I called it a 'performance'.

I've already pointed out the obviousness of him being 'establishment' personified, and personally I wasn't for him to be anywhere near a speakership position when I was vested in this right/left crap.

I like right and wrong better.

Imagine where we'd be right now if concessions were NOT made to representatives and caucuses that wanted to hunt down lawlessness and corruption. I mean as it stands, they're still gathering info and putting the pieces together. I enjoy the updates, but WHAT will be ultimately done in the end is anyone's guess. The corruption is so mainstream that getting away with it is just as common and expected.

Nicely said, One of Mccarthys first speeches was against impeachments. IMO He doesnt want the other rinos exposed for not voting to impeach.

posted on May, 4 2023 @ 12:17 AM
link   
HAHAHA!!!

YouTube removed the video! It was the ONLY clip I could find on YT of this part of the proceedings! LOL.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd.... it's gone.

The censorship is REAL. I wonder what violation could have triggered the thought police on YouTube? Gee.....I wonder...🙄
edit on 5/4/2023 by EternalShadow because: eta

posted on May, 4 2023 @ 12:22 AM
link   

HAHAHA!!!

YouTube removed the video! It was the ONLY clip I could find on YT of this part of the proceedings! LOL.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd.... it's gone.

The censorship is REAL. I wonder what violation could have triggered the thought police on YouTube? Gee.....I wonder...🙄

Everything is disappearing, There was lots of Desantis press beat downs all gone..

posted on May, 4 2023 @ 02:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev
McCarthy does speak like a preacher in the way he gets excited and calm in the same sentence. Sad to see the masks is still a thing with those in the background.

As for what he said, seams on point. The Democrats have opened the boarder while the average American is going to pay for it.

When looking back in history and what is going on, one thing that looks to have made America strong was that it did accept people from everywhere. It gave the nation a lot of ties and links to other parts of the world. Here in Australia we have had a lot of past immigration as well, lot of good things in it. Also some issues as well as it increases too much and can bring in regional, cultural and individual conflicts. Having the infrastructure in place makes a big difference.
The border is wide open , because Americans wont work .

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
This country was built on immigrants, it is what makes it great. If there were no immigrants, we would all be Native Americans.

The current immigrants from Central and South America work very hard, harder than any genuine Americans I have seen, and they do so for minimal pay.

In addition, for the Christians out there, Jesus and the Bible are clearly in favor of welcoming immigrants and treating them with respect. If you go against this principal, you are abandoning your faith.

However, I am interested in hearing your legitimate, fact-based concerns about the current immigration crisis.

This country was built by people who came here wanting to build a better life, a better way, a better nation. They came through the front door, announced themselves, and said they want to be Americans. These are people from all over the world, who came here with little more than hope and the will to work toward their goals. This is what made this country great.

No country was ever made great by people sneaking across its borders in the middle of the night. Many have been destroyed that wat, but none made great.

I hope you can see the difference between the two. It is huge and vital to this discussion.

We have a legal way of immigrating to this nation. As long as that pathway to citizenship exists we should not tolerate any other means attempted by anyone. By trying to circumvent the system they are demonstrating exactly the kind of behaviors and attitudes we do not want or need here.

We have a right to know who is attempting to enter our nation and why. We lock our doors at night because we want to know who someone is and what they want before letting them into our homes. If we aren't willing to let just anyone wander into our homes unannounced in the middle of the night, why would we let them wander into our country unannounced in the middle of the night?

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
He exemplifies what republicans do every time they are the majority.

Turn yellow like cowardly baby poo?

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

The Key Word there is " Performance " . Bravo Kevin..............

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: Klassified
He exemplifies what republicans do every time they are the majority.

Turn yellow like cowardly baby poo?

Something like that. They can talk the talk, but beyond that...

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I haven't watched the video, however, if it inspires anyone I say great, better than fear and doom I guess. It would be nice if there were any value in truth, but that is not necessary if it rouses you somehow, gets a reaction of some kind.

I remember when being patriotic was noble, USA all the way, be true to the Red White and Blue. Joe McCarthy, now there was a politician that tried to nip it in the bud back before I was born, not sure if the speaker is related, but it would tip the balance for me, if I actually had bothered to watch the video. Wait, I see that Youtube banned it, now I wished I had watched it.

edit on 5-5-2023 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added extra comments

posted on May, 5 2023 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Greetings fellow members!

House Speaker Kevin McCarthy gave a fiery speech on the house floor giving a scathing critique of everything currently flushing our country down the drain. His remarks and delivery are Oscar worthy, but is he right?

I'm done with political parties, and he even touched on that by saying, 'this isn't about political parties, this is about our country'.

I can agree with that.

This speech is immigration ladden but it says so much more about the dire state of our country.

I challenge anyone to take on any of his points that you AGREE is going great for the country and constructively describe how that's the case.

I want to know from those that oppose anything but their party line if this speech triggers your anger and why. I mean I get it, Republicans had the "Big Three" as well and took a nap on just about everything, but this is madness, or is it not, and again why?

The fact that Anti-America GOOGLE removed the video you shared from the YouTube platform, is confirmation that what Kevin McCarthy said was not only accurate, but very revealing of tactics and motives....too much so for Google/Youtube.

<< 1  2   >>

join