It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satanic Temple’s ‘SatanCon’ in Boston set to be ‘largest satanic gathering in history’

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I have plenty of atheist friends, and they're wonderful people.
But what's the point of placing atheism in this particular context? Attention? Shock? Or an attractive front for the real thing? Deception, after all, is always found at both the entrance and the core.

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: AlexandrosTheGreat
It's a disgusting event, light of God will always crush the darkness of Satan.
Chosing him is a detriment and abominable act against God,he will judge them all.

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gandalf77
I have plenty of atheist friends, and they're wonderful people.
But what's the point of placing atheism in this particular context? Attention? Shock? Or an attractive front for the real thing? Deception, after all, is always found at both the entrance and the core.

Salesmanship/Marketing.

It works.

edit on 25-4-2023 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Truth1331
Chosing him is a detriment and abominable act against God,he will judge them all.

But they're not Satanists.

They're atheists.

Atheists lack belief in a God -- therefore they also lack belief in Satan.

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Annee

I see nothing that differs from my day to day as a Christian. My mistakes are still and always have been, my own.

Neither did I -- until I stepped completely out of the "God Circle".

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

They're atheists.

Yet the theme of the event will be [“Hexennacht in Boston,” German for “Witches’ Night,” marking the Pagan holiday of May Eve."] That, in and of itself, implies more than mere atheism.

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 03:49 PM
link   

They're atheists.

Yet the theme of the event will be [“Hexennacht in Boston,” German for “Witches’ Night,” marking the Pagan holiday of May Eve."] That, in and of itself, implies more than mere atheism.

Marketing.

Having fun.

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 03:58 PM
link   

They're atheists.

Marketing.

Black marketing, perhaps?

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Again, you keep referencing this stuff, but I don't recognize it as anything related to ghe faith I know.

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Gonna just jump this thread to the postgraduate conception of Satanism. Much to my own detriment, I might add.

But this is kind of painful. If gives the false narrative a satanist has to cosign on any one political agenda. Vote Democrat, be pro choice, be atheist, or care if Christians pass blue laws in red states.

So let's do Traditional Satanism for a post. The type most common among Church of Satan-adjacent or influenced people before it morphed into an ACLU convention at the Marriott.

What is Satan to a satanist if they don't believe Satan is real?

Satan is something not worth revering, at most acknowledging as an endless cycle akin to a snake eating its own tail. Satan's a nonanthropomorphic circumstance you have to deal with to thrive, but nonetheless the natural order of things. Not a magical force to harness, but a leveler to be aware of and make the best with. Something to learn from, make you stronger, and possible capitalize on the future.

What do I mean by Satan is the natural order?

Nature is indifference. Adversity and challenge are the catalysts of change. Cyclical destruction and creation. The thing that moves nature the most. Nature progresses through trying to thrive through this adversity. Survival of the most capable of reigning in Satan so to speak.

Both Christians and (this type of) Satanists would say, "NOT TODAY, SATAN!" (With slightly different meaning). "Go away Murphys law!" Would be another one.

It is neither good nor evil. It's the path of a tornado. A warning that could come tomorrow. It is nondual, but ultimately, deist, to at least some degree.

And (to some) because the universe is indifferent, it gives the appearance of divinity to form, but doesn't mean your luck is personal. You're accountable, and sometimes s# happens beyond anything's conscious control. We wouldn't have or need the things attributed to God (like love) without the adverse default way of things to make that beneficial for survival in the first place. That's where the inversion actually takes place. Nature bottom-up, instead of nature top-down.

Satanism simply acknowledges we are but creatures crawling on a ball of dirt we can only adapt to. No looking up for strength, waiting for a miracle, but acting on a face value pragmatic cause/effect approach. No god or devil to blame because things just are the way they are.

In that way there is no dark side of the moon, because it's all dark anyway. It acknowledges that.

Much like nihilism, It still requires a compass. It requires respect, and not using the way of everything as an excuse to be a parasitic person. Just because the way of nature is without will, and there is nothing in the sky to save you, doesn’t mean being without ethics is honorable or beneficial.

It may not be a conception of a willed God, but it is a natural order none the less.

That's just the intro. There's an entire "natural defiant personality" part to it too.
edit on 25-4-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Is Michael Aquino still around these days? I bet he could straighten out the differences of these complete idiot morons and what it really is.

I’m Christian btw.

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: 38181

Colonel Aquino "Xepered" and became a "Mindstar" before Covid. I respect his service, but Aquino was a pedantic charlatan pretending to talk to an Egyptian deity he said he made contact with at a beach condo. Egyptology he really didn't know at all. I respectly disagree with his ability to clarify anything.

He had a personality, and manner of interacting, many of us at the occult site he posted at regularly grew to get really sick of. In many ways too fake and conflict averse to like.

RIP in any case.

That only comes off as harsh if you never got into a debate with the guy.
edit on 25-4-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Gandalf77

Originally posted by Gandalf77
An exorcist once told me that you won't hear from the real ones; they keep to the shadows.
A detective who investigated cult-related crimes pretty much told me the same thing.

I’m pretty sure there’s secret organizations behind most of the major cults and even some Christian religions…like the Mormons for example…

They act like “hidden hands”, working behind the scenes. There job is to keep circulating the dogma and to continue pumping in the funds, to keep the business going.

- JC

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogany

So what is an atheist Satanist?

I would say that atheism is faith-based too.

edit on 25-4-2023 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Absolutely .
A false faith that they believe their self is the center of the cosmos .

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Atheism is lack of belief in a God. That's it. Nothing more.

However, each individual Atheist -- can/will have their own philosophy.

Lack of belief in a God -- is the only thing that ties them together.

There is no doctrine.

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Mahogany

But it still takes faith like every other religion because it's based on a premise you can't prove - complete absence of deity.

Absolutely not, it doesn't.

Faith is a belief in something that can never be proven, therefore it requires faith. God can never be proven, so it requires faith.

There is no evidence that dragons exist, so you'd have to have faith to believe in their existence.

Saying dragons don't exist requires no faith. Saying gods don't exist also requires no faith. You don't need faith to think something doesn't exist.

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Atheism is lack of belief in a God. That's it. Nothing more.

However, each individual Atheist -- can/will have their own philosophy.

Lack of belief in a God -- is the only thing that ties them together.

There is no doctrine.

If it wasn't faith-based then they wouldn't try so damn hard to convince everyone and themselves that God doesn't exist. They would treat it more like metaphysics of morals as we would do with Kant, and put as much effort into it as one would with Santa Clause.

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogany

You cannot prove God does not exist; I cannot prove He does exist.

You believe He's not there. I believe He is.

There is no proof, so it's faith either way. It's very simple despite your denial. You can look at all that we do know and say none of it proves God, but I can point to all we simply don't know and all we continue to discover that we thought we knew and really didn't. You aren't any more sure than I am. All we have is our respective beliefs - yours that God does not exist, mine that He does.

edit on 25-4-2023 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2023 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Saying dragons don't exist requires no faith. Saying gods don't exist also requires no faith. You don't need faith to think something doesn't exist.

There is a difference between one that says they do not believe in religion compared to one that says they are an Athiest. A non-religious person like myself knows that God is an unfalsifiable discussion and so does not debate whether God is real or not. An Athiest will spend their life debating that God is not real. Many will study religion like a religious fanatic just to once again try to prove something that is still unfalsifiable no matter what they do. If that isn't faith-driven then it can only mean that they are cRaZy.

edit on 25-4-2023 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join