It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Severe Alert Notice in The UK.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

To be honest you never missed much surfer_soul.

Im with "Three" and i got it, same as the Mrs, so the problems must be area specific as much as it could be to do with the carrier, or at least that would be my guess.

I think we are probably all on a "special list of some kind" given the data thats collected on everyone.

Anyhoo if it's a sub-launched attack we would get a matter of mere minute's warning.

Or if its ICBMs from Russia we get about 20 minutes.

Which is not exactly much time to put one's affairs in order, you would be hard pushed to get drunk really.

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tagz
I did, but it's looking like some Three network customers didn't.

I was expecting something a little more sinister sounding, i'd sleep through that alert.

On the Three network too and nothing so far. Being honest and realistic actually making a phone call on the Three network is a bit of a lottery with the odds very much not in your favour so probably to be expected

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Tortuga

Thank you. United States. FEMA/DHS/CERT. And thanks for your police service. Condescending? Perhaps. You and I Im thinking...earned just a small bit of it back to society. You know what I mean? Honestly, I love everybody. I duck a lot, try n help someone everyday somewhere. Thats it. Ornery? Probably too...Ive earned that right at my age.

Hey God Bless...

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: jazzman1122

Shelter? Not within 5 miles radius. Dying or dead. A 10 mile radius-walking wounded. Not dead yet, but dying. And come out of hiding...there is no world left. Your air is gone, water, elect.

Welcome to your future.

Best

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Why are you all only talking about a nuclear strike. Let me tell you a story:-

During the "pandemic" we were being forced to obey the "track and trace", you know, the bit about if you had covid you were supposed to inform your recent people that you mixed with they by those people should have isolated. This T and T was rarely used so their lockdown mandate hardly worked.

NOW, they have this "phone alert" that will be made mandatory so when they activate it you will have to obey. If you have a phone there will be no excuse, you can't say "I've dismantled it" that will be made a crime. The next alert will be " MAJOR SERIOUS PANDEMIC ALERT, PLEASE ISOLATE IMMEDIATELY". So after that anybody walking the street will be immediately arrested.

Or is that just a story.

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

They don’t need a phone to tell you to do that, they did it without. Ask our American friends who have had these emergency alerts for years (I’ve even had them on my phone when over there) if they got covid orders over their emergency system.

More likely we will just get these alerts for missing kids like they do in the US.

I don’t have a problem in principle for the alert system, I just have a big problem with the idiots running our country.

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

What a let down. All the big build up and then some crappy, weak arse sound.

Not entirely sure of the point of it either. We are a small island, a nuke attack and we are all buggered anyway. If it comes to it, I'm heading outside with a broom handle....at least I can leave an entertaining silhouette for future archaeologists!

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Last Thursday in the U.S. Florida residents were sent an Emergency Alert Notification at 4:45 a.m. that jolted most people out of bed. When the residents looked at the message on the phone it was only a TEST. To say I was pissed would be an understatement. Who the f*k does a state wide emergency test at that time of the early morning?

Later an apology was sent out saying it was an "accident" that the message alert was meant to be sent over the airwaves of the television not mobile devices.

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

if its an air burst in the low 100KT range even in a simi hardened shelter like a reenforced basement could shield you.

there would be little fall out and if you were outside of the city center like i am you would make it.

but like you said would you want to live in an irradiated wasteland with everything and alot of people dying and no water/power/sewers/doctors for weeks/months or years it can be agued that it would be better to die in a nanosecond than wither in nuclear wastelands

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

The thing is the island is only 700-odd miles long and contains 67.33 million people.

Just one or two Russian Satan 2 ICBM plus accompanying warhead payloads would pretty much be all it takes to bathe the place in nuclear fire and radiation.

Not that our nuclear subs would not return the favor but the UK just does not bode well in any sort of nuclear exchange just down to the geography and population density of our major cities.

Anybody that survives better not be to fussed about cannibalism put it that way.

assuming they work and get out of their silos.

i would bet you anything the US/UK has some nasty first strike weapons that would take out most of Russians silos but that still leaves road and rail moble missiles

counterforce strikes would cause tremendous amounts of fall out that would decimated the US's center and MAYBE leave the coasts intact.

we are also assuming that it would only be nuclear weapons being used, in an all out war i dont think they would hold back some of the more esoteric weapons we have been working on, heck even bio/chemical weapons might be on the table.

Nuclear weapons arent that scary because after the burst its all over(in an air burst) . but chemical/bio/emp and god knows what else is what i worry about

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Agreed!
I've said it many a time, if people are still scared of a almost 80 year old WMD and don't think the technology hasn't advanced since then.... well......
Also, on topic: yes we get storms, the odd person has a tree fall on their car. Yes, we get floods, very rarely does anyone drown. Yes, we get heat waves.... but you must be 'something' if you need to be told that by an alert which the weatherman can tell you. Yes, we get terrorist attacks.... what's the point of an alert after the event?
I totally get why in the States you need alert systems of an incoming tornado for example, but we don't get them here, or extremely rarely and nowhere near the destructive power.
Quite frankly, if it's an incoming threat of the latest WMD, then it's time to "bend over and kiss your a*** goodbye"
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Aye, i don't fancy a third world war much myself.

As to the nuclear weapons the UK possesses, and their effectiveness against Russia.

Well, it's still a M.A.D world but i still don't fancy the UK chances much under any sort of scenario.

Scarry enough to me put it that way.

As to the effectiveness of Russia's nuclear arsenal and whether or not their ICBM make it out of the silos, it's hardly a premise any sane nation would wish to test by my guess.

edit on 24-4-2023 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I'm still trying to get my parents out from under the stairs. I even left a trail of custard creams and chocolate hobnobs...Nothing.

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

You could try nice single malt.

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Quite the statement: "if its an air burst in the low 100KT range even in a simi hardened shelter like a reenforced basement could shield you."

Youre honestly not serious? What world with poisoned air, land and everyone after your stuff do you not get?

5-10 miles dead. A polluted, massive radiation or EMP destruction world. Nothing,
10 miles-Walking wounded who will absolutely face death. Trying to get away...no food. water, communication...just get walkin...

Broken down...an EMP, nuke or radiological bomb...and were in the stone age. And all your Bitcoin and "I keep Gold as an investment"..is pointless when there isnt an internet, bank, store...nothing to cash in your dig currency.

And do you know how HEAVY gold is to run with? The real wealth will become food and water, shelter and weapons.

And those neighborhood folks comin your way can take everything...and kill you for it.

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

"Anybody else get the test notice from the new service?"

Yes the whole country ffs. That's the whole point

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ziplock9000

Well if you bother to read the entirety of the thread, ffs.

I think you may find some people did not get the alert, either by fault or by choice.

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Soloprotocol

You could try nice single malt.

Neither drink and i'm aff it.

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Quite the statement: "if its an air burst in the low 100KT range even in a simi hardened shelter like a reenforced basement could shield you."

Youre honestly not serious? What world with poisoned air, land and everyone after your stuff do you not get?

5-10 miles dead. A polluted, massive radiation or EMP destruction world. Nothing,
10 miles-Walking wounded who will absolutely face death. Trying to get away...no food. water, communication...just get walkin...

Broken down...an EMP, nuke or radiological bomb...and were in the stone age. And all your Bitcoin and "I keep Gold as an investment"..is pointless when there isnt an internet, bank, store...nothing to cash in your dig currency.

And do you know how HEAVY gold is to run with? The real wealth will become food and water, shelter and weapons.

And those neighborhood folks comin your way can take everything...and kill you for it.

thats why i said it would be better to die in the attack than live in a nuclear winter type situation with no help coming, ever.

if you were pre[aired and had a place to go underground that was deep enough EMP and fall out wouldnt be a concern.

it would be other people i would be afraid of more than a few weeks of fall out like you said at the end.

after a man made extinction level event would you really want to live in that and would you want your kids to ekk out survival in that....no thank you

i would like to be evaporated by the fireball and not even know what happened, i live in a area where back in the 80s-90-s we were in the top ten places to get atleast 3 warheads so i dont think i have much to worry about

edit on 24-4-2023 by jazzman1122 because: .

posted on Apr, 24 2023 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Hey J! Welcome to ATS.

Oh my God Jazzman! "i would like to be evaporated by the fireball and not even know what happened".

That said it all! Thanks, stay safe wherever you are. Save. Prepare. Learn!

God Bless

*When my time has come...I'll go into the Sun"-Hurricane Duane Thomas

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join