It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Severe Alert Notice in The UK.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 10:20 AM
link   
No - tried to deactivate it yesterday but my phone wouldn't allow me to disable it - still never recieved anything (plusnet with full signal, wifi) - was planing to see if putting my phone in a crisp packet would block it but forgot.

The nuclear meltdown alarm system is a good one to know if you live near a nuclear power plant - phone number for the recordings is +441946775254 and also on here:

a reply to: Bigburgh

I'm confused as to what Vogel is, did the alert contain typos? (wouldn't be suprised - seems to be either a ski resort or slang for a bird according to google?)
edit on 23-4-2023 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
a reply to: Tortuga

Then please put a large red X on your boarded up windows...because we're not coming for you ..think about it.

We refer to those turning off alerts...as lost. You're gonna need something, food, water, shelter, chemical evac but...then again...you're a smart one: deactivate any alert that could maybe save you.

Great. Can we have your address so we can put you on the " do not rescue" list ?

Other people will need us.....

EMT/FEMA/D.H.Security

ready.gov

I don’t think I need any help, many years in the military saw to that.

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Yes sir. Thank you for your service. One issue we have at relief, disaster, police, fire and Emergency Mangmnt...are people who say...." I'm cool. I don't need nothin'...I'm military".

I'm giving you credit as military to understand the logic behind it.

Best

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Yeh, you would think the alert should have been to all phones, in the area at least, at the same time.

My daughters went first, proceeded by my own, and the boys and the Mrs about a minute afterward.

So they might want to work on that part as I believe every minute counts.

Where i hail from i imagine we would also be a prime target Glasgow being the largest city and Scotland and with Faslane HMNB Clyde just up the road.

Fearmongering indeed Freeborn.

But apparently a necessary evil once again.

When i was a lad it was the church bell that got rang and then a daft siren-type thingamabob back in the 80s.
edit on 23-4-2023 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Glad?

Well yes i suppose, but it might be better if we did not have too, if you can kind of see what i mean.

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Tagz

Both myself and the Mrs service provider is "Three" and we got ours, just not all at the same time.

As to the chime, well the dog went nuts and did not like it much.

Sounded somewhat reminiscent of a car or even a smoke alarm to me.

edit on 23-4-2023 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 11:00 AM
link   

At least its a feature.

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Not much to be honest.

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Yes sir. Thank you for your service. One issue we have at relief, disaster, police, fire and Emergency Mangmnt...are people who say...." I'm cool. I don't need nothin'...I'm military".

I'm giving you credit as military to understand the logic behind it.

Best

Ha, you really are quite condescending. I am ex police, I dont need any government messages thank you. And I dont need to be spoken down to from you. As for thanks for service, if I remember I got paid so no thanks needed.

Do you live in the UK? Do you know how long it takes for an ambulance to arrive to an emergency call? I think it was 48000 dead on arrival last year by the time the ambulance arrived. If you do get an ambulance then you might face a wait outside the hospital for an hour or two, and then once inside a wait in a corridor on a bed for a day or two. Obvious extreme examples all too common here.

My point is, there’s no emergency services going to help us here, there’s no earthquake threat, no hurricanes or any weather disasters here. Oh we had a tree down half a mile away the other year, that was bad. If I lived in a country with natural threats then I surely WOULD activate my emergency broadcast messages. But as it is I don’t trust these bunch of idiots to find their backside with both hands.

In the case of a nuclear threat, why would I want my last moments ruined by some alert message, there’s nothing I can do about it.
edit on 23-4-2023 by Tortuga because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Had mine turned off a couple of weeks ago.
Now they know how many of us are 'not complying'

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

All in the plan my friend, all in the plan 😊

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Aye, mines is now disabled.

Chances are alert notifications on or off they could send the alerts anyroad.

Did they not do something similar with our phones during the lockdown?

Wonder what this is costing the taxpayer, and who got the government contract this time?

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Then please put a large red X on your boarded up windows...because we're not coming for you ..think about it.

We refer to those turning off alerts...as lost. You're gonna need something, food, water, shelter, chemical evac but...then again...you're a smart one: deactivate any alert that could maybe save you.

Great. Can we have your address so we can put you on the " do not rescue" list ?

Other people will need us.....

EMT/FEMA/D.H.Security

ready.gov

in a real nuclear war first responders will be the first to die from fall out and second hand contamination.

id rather stay in an intact shelter that has the look of being abandoned/trashed to keep looters away.

how long do you think fire/ems/hospitals are going to last(if not taken out in the first strike) running around in all the fall out and possible continued detonations?

no sms alert is going to save you in a real nuclear exchange.

i'd rather go out in a flash than huddle with the rats and decaying bodies.

where i live there is a vast deep cave system that after a week i would seek shelter in if i couldnt get to it in time

lastly after the EMP takes out all modern tech/cars/medical equipment first responders will just die in the open digging for dead people in rubble

edit on 23-4-2023 by jazzman1122 because: .

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: jazzman1122

Heck, even in conditions of occasional urban disorders, first responders are being shot at and otherwise attacked.

Cheers

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 11:39 AM
link   

I was told my warm time role, shooting deserters and quelling civil disturbance. I tilted my head to one side, explain the quelling civil disturbances, I asked.

Shooting looters, he replied.

Now that’s some first responder

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

I never understood people that try to stand in the way, or attempt to prevent emergency services from doing their job or cause them harm.

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 11:47 AM
link   

in Hurricane Katrina the US National Guard was shooting looters so in a nuclear war it will be a free for all.

you best bet is to seek shelter and be well educated on the effects of radiation and be well armed.

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: jazzman1122

in Hurricane Katrina the US National Guard was shooting looters so in a nuclear war it will be a free for all.

you best bet is to seek shelter and be well educated on the effects of radiation and be well armed.

But here in the UK it has more of a shock value because even then when I was told, the civvy police were not armed. Plus i was about 19. It was during the height of the Cold War so we did a lot of training and I also worked on a nuke site in Germany. The only saving grace was that on the list of targets we were very high, so there would be no dealing with the fallout.
edit on 23-4-2023 by Tortuga because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 12:34 PM
link   

The thing is the island is only 700-odd miles long and contains 67.33 million people.

Just one or two Russian Satan 2 ICBM plus accompanying warhead payloads would pretty much be all it takes to bathe the place in nuclear fire and radiation.

Not that our nuclear subs would not return the favor but the UK just does not bode well in any sort of nuclear exchange just down to the geography and population density of our major cities.

Anybody that survives better not be to fussed about cannibalism put it that way.

posted on Apr, 23 2023 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I never got it, despite having the emergency notification enabled. I was curious to see what it would sound like and say. I’m with Smarty who I think is through Vodafone or three, I wouldn’t have thought they wouldn’t have left out any of networks though..

I wonder if I’m on a special list of some kind? If it’s a do not disturb one that’s fine with me but I find this a little troubling that I was left out.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join