It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Period remedies?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2023 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: RonnieJersey

pain pills don't help much

posted on Mar, 21 2023 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheToastmanCometh
This one I direct toward the ladies of ATS: What are some of your best remedies for minimizing period pain?

Not a lady here, but I've seen so many videos like the one below that mention this extraordinary remedy for, well, everything, including dramatically better menstrual cycles, pain free, low flow, no cramps, much shorter, etc

Skip to the 22:33 mark:

posted on Mar, 21 2023 @ 08:56 PM
link   

a reply to: RonnieJersey

pain pills don't help much

Like I said - EXERCISE, walking, aerobics, anything to get the muscles into shape.
And the Polish Blackberry Brandy.

posted on Mar, 21 2023 @ 10:37 PM
link   

a reply to: Nyiah

i'm in too much pain to do exercise...if i do move, my legs feel very heavy like cement

Am I correct in the assumption that RX muscle relaxers wouldn't be of much use? If your system is anything like a friend of mine, even muscle relaxers did not help much.

The next thing I can suggest is that if medical cannabis or legal recreational is an option, to give it a fair shake. It's effective pain relief, that's been well-established in medical literature for a long time now.
I doubt I can say anything else without breaking forum rules. Or until a mod gives the all-clear to further discussion on it.

posted on Mar, 21 2023 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TheToastmanCometh
Orgasms. Not kidding. Unfortunately, I didn't discover this until I was in my late thirties but I always had such bad pain from endometriosis that I sometimes passed out from it. Wish I'd known younger.

posted on Mar, 22 2023 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: igloo

I have a suspicion that I could have endo, but I haven't had an exam because i'm still traumatized over assaults

posted on Mar, 22 2023 @ 05:23 PM
link   

a reply to: igloo

I have a suspicion that I could have endo, but I haven't had an exam because i'm still traumatized over assaults

Get that exam asap - you might have bleeding fibroids, and the sooner that is taken care of, the better!
They tend to become infected and can turn dangerous.
Also, a 'scraping' can help tremendously!
edit on 22-3-2023 by RonnieJersey because: add something

posted on Mar, 23 2023 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: TheToastmanCometh

Black cohosh is a natural remedy. It's equally as effective when menopause comes around, but being a natural remedy the success may depend on your individual physiology. If you pick up on the hormonal signals you can start drinking some before symptoms really start appearing. Adjust to find the ideal schedule.

If you intend to get pregnant, or if you do by chance, you should discontinue as it can be an abortifacient.

posted on Mar, 24 2023 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

i was looking at some femina pills sold here, made of achiote leaf, uña de gato, flor de arena and some other plants

posted on Mar, 24 2023 @ 04:46 AM
link   

a reply to: Ksihkehe

i was looking at some femina pills sold here, made of achiote leaf, uña de gato, flor de arena and some other plants

Yeah, there are a lot of natural remedies and black cohosh is often in the blends. There's another cohosh as well. Black is the only one I've had direct experience with working across broad symptoms. My wife's been using that off and on and the others she tried didn't seem to have any real impacts. Her body happens to like it.

I think using combinations like you find in some capsules probably gives you a better chance of finding something that works for you. Hit it from multiple angles. The great thing about ethnobotany is that people that discovered these plants didn't have any marketing aspirations or profit expectations. No matter where you come from there are probably medicinal plants that your genetic line co-evolved with.

I hope you find something that helps.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join