It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Period remedies?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2023 @ 03:40 PM
link   
This one I direct toward the ladies of ATS: What are some of your best remedies for minimizing period pain?

I am still recovering from a particularly bad cycle...all day yesterday I was in terrible pain, the cramps were so horrendous that i constantly felt like throwing up and could barely sleep as they were radiating through my body. On top of that, I bleed so much that I have to use Overnight pads as regular wear, and sometimes I still bleed through.

now today i'm trying to eat all the meat and calcium I can because I'm depleted in Iron and calcium, plus sleep deprived from being unable to sleep.

posted on Mar, 21 2023 @ 03:56 PM
link   
My grandma told me a warm bath with bottom hands and feet in....
My mom's doctor told her a little cup of red wine.

I go for ibprophen.i also will also stretch. Breathe through a particular tough cramp. I also will try to drink more water in hopes to delete the hormones..... idk if that's a thing.
I also have the urge to eat red meat and broccoli. Lots and lots of broccoli and beans with rice the day begore or when I am menstruating.

Many online sources say it is vitamin deficiency. It lists off the vitamins. One that kept popping up was magnesium and b vitamins.

I too have unusually heavy bleeding. What I use is poise pads for urine. My grandmother asked if i wanted them because she got them from a friend and didnt need them but thought I couls use them. I have never gone back to regular pads. I never have to worry about overflow or leakage. It's fantastic!

posted on Mar, 21 2023 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TheToastmanCometh
- Hot baths are a godsend
- 2 heating pads. one behind and one in front
- Magnesium supplements (should be taken with D3)
- Excedrin & Ibuprofen. You can take this together for up to a week, but I take 2 Excedrin & 4 ibuprofen every 8-12 hours for up to a week.
- I know this sounds counterintuitive, but go take a walk, it does help with the cramping. They won't go away by any means, but they can lessen the pain somewhat. I've heard yoga helps, but that was also told to me by a male Dr who had no %!%# clue what he was talking about.
-editing to add, forget the pads and tampons. Go for the little disc Don't do the cups like "instead" or the longer-shaped weird ones that can be uncomfortable. Use something like Soft Disc, you can't feel them at all once they are in and they capture more than a pad or tampon. You do have to take them out, dump it and either wash or change it, but so worth it! I nearly feel human using those vs. pads.
edit on 21-3-2023 by TheSuperJodi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2023 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Ibuprofen.

Look into seed cycling
Look into natural menstrual products, like cloth pads, organic cotton tampons, diva cups.

Many women have unbalanced hormones, get your estrogen and progesterone checked

If you are willing to go the medical route, the Mirena coil might be something to look into.
I personally wouldn’t do an ablation, but for some their anemia is so severe they will try anything.

Keep in mind you may be going through a natural cycle, is is possible you are pre-menopausal?
Sometimes the flooding happens in the years prior to menopause.

Good luck and take care of yourself!

posted on Mar, 21 2023 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I find this offensive and do not wish to read about such subjects here. End of story. Period!

..... I'll show myself out.

posted on Mar, 21 2023 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Exercise, Ladies!
The best remedy for most ailments is exercise. Check out the Zumba videos on youtube, they're great for everyone.
And I mean exercising all month long, because it helps those muscles. When I first started exercising, I noticed how much easier my periods were.
Also ibuprofen, knocks any pain right out.
Get yourself a bottle of Jezynowka Polish Blackberry Brandy, a shot of that will knock anything out!

posted on Mar, 21 2023 @ 05:03 PM
link   

So many great suggestions here!

My daughter swears by ThermaCare Heat Wraps for the lower back but worn backwards so the heat is over the belly. She can wear them comfortably under clothing to work and have constant heat and relief. It also lets you move around easier than a corded heating pad.

Good luck and take good care of yourself 💐🍷

posted on Mar, 21 2023 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Get yourself to a good doctor as well -
I had fibroids and a very large ovarian cyst, and another cyst on the other ovary, so total hysterectomy.
Not that I wanted to lose my uterus, but sometimes those fibroids can be dangerous!

posted on Mar, 21 2023 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Warriors..my God.

Doesn't matter what I think I know, just never doesn't amaze me when I think about it. The whole thing. We take a lot of shi# for granted.
edit on 21-3-2023 by didntasktobeborned because: .

posted on Mar, 21 2023 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I thought you were a dude..

posted on Mar, 21 2023 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheReaversChain

Well, she could BECOME a dude. It's all the rage now. Even 13 year olds are doing it.

posted on Mar, 21 2023 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: TheReaversChain

Even 13 year olds...

Yeah. 😬...

posted on Mar, 21 2023 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Gentlemen, let me give you some advice.

Keep track of her days.
Get up and go to work without disturbing her.
When you get home, throw in a box of her favorite chocolate Before you enter, then run for the garage and don't come out till she's asleep.
Speak softly and only when spoken to.
Do the dishes.
Do the laundry.
Hide the knives, guns and anything that could be used as a blunt object.

These tips may save your life.

If all else fails, rent a hotel room for a week. Make sure it's under a fake name or she WILL find you.

posted on Mar, 21 2023 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

Keep track of her days.
When you get home, throw in a box of her favorite chocolate Before you enter, then run for the garage and don't come out till she's asleep.
Speak softly and only when spoken to.
Do the dishes.
Do the laundry.
Hide the knives, guns and anything that could be used as a blunt object.

These tips may save your life.

If all else fails, rent a hotel room for a week. Make sure it's under a fake name or she WILL find you.

The perfect Man!
Where were you before I got married??

posted on Mar, 21 2023 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: RonnieJersey

Barricaded in my garage.

posted on Mar, 21 2023 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

Keep track of her days.
When you get home, throw in a box ...

😣

Eta: ........no.😂
edit on 21-3-2023 by TheReaversChain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2023 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Frankly? Get off the duff and use the muscles, it works. So does basic yoga-type stretches, hands flat on the ground (ok, bent fingers up to the knuckles, I am not flexible) seems to be most effective for me in that it engages & stretches those exact irritated muscles around the spine & waist.

I have a weight machine, and cannot use anything less than Super Plus or better, AND overnight pads while using it during the week of, because beware leaks. Also, my middle name is Gross Carrie or something, I dunno (people old enough will get that reference!)

Aside from the seemingly counterintuitive aforementioned exercising, ibuprofenfor inflammation & nerve pain IME, Tylenol is an antipyretic (fever reducer) and really never seems to do squat at all for me outside of body temperature control.

Heating pads also help greatly if you find heat soothing already. If I'm already physically hot though, it just is uncomfortable & I end up more pissed off with no relief.

posted on Mar, 21 2023 @ 07:44 PM
link   
i always had this issue until menopause. it is awful. always took iron supplements.nothing helped the heavy bleeding but they do have birth control that can almost stop periods you can try. also make sure your thyroid levels are good. a reply to: TheToastmanCometh

posted on Mar, 21 2023 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

im only 32 and its been like this since I started

posted on Mar, 21 2023 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

i'm in too much pain to do exercise...if i do move, my legs feel very heavy like cement

top topics

<<   2 >>

join