It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Olive Branches

page: 17
<< 14  15  16   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2023 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

From the above source:

“Recently, ‘fake news’ about the alleged activities of American military biological laboratories in Ukraine has been spread in the media and social networks … No foreign biological laboratories operate in Ukraine. Statements recently made by individual politicians are not true and are a deliberate distortion of the facts,” the SBU said on Facebook on May 7.

From May of 2020.

Then:
March 2022

I think where we differ in thought is I believe the invasion of Ukraine was inevitable based on Putin's timeline to get as many former satellite states back under Mother Russia as he can.

Maybe that is his intention, i couldnt say or speak to his actual intentions. From the maps, I can see the result in spite of all the rhetoric and the land bridge to Crimea and the Black Sea is clearly an objective.

I think the war was made inevitble. Be that through lack of diplomacy or desired result. Furthermore, the US doesnt belong there nor do our tax dollars without congressional approval and accounting down to the cent.

edit on 24-3-2023 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2023 @ 10:27 PM
link   
It gets old how there’s people who constantly boast how Russia is slacking, running out of missiles etc.

When every week there’s another strike.

Russia is engaged in a proxy war. (Russia didn’t declare war or fully mobilize)

As is a collective group of countries (NATO) is engaged in a proxy war.

Who’s constantly sending billions of dollars, military equipment and their underwear in Ukraine.

posted on Mar, 24 2023 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Arresting religious leaders now apparently.

Link

posted on Mar, 25 2023 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
Furthermore, the US doesnt belong there nor do our tax dollars without congressional approval and accounting down to the cent.

Fair point, how about Europe? How about the US with Taiwan?

posted on Mar, 25 2023 @ 01:15 AM
link   

What do you mean specifically?

posted on Mar, 25 2023 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

What do you mean specifically?

Are you an isolationist? How do you feel about Europe helping Ukraine or if Taiwan gets help from the US due to China?

posted on Mar, 25 2023 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Europe helping Ukraine is on Europe. I mean Germany and Poland are still trading with Russia even through sanctions.

Im consistent with my stance on Taiwan for the most part. Taiwan being much less corrupt, still has tons of US influence in trade but much less in politics.

Should China decide to roll in, Im not sure its worth American lives either.

Speaking on opinion here, I think we are going to be selling them out once the chip factories in OH and I think AZ? are ready.

I am an isolationist when warranted, like now when our trade deficits, budget deficits and debt are as they are.

posted on Mar, 26 2023 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

originally posted by: Justoneman

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: JinMI

US bio labs is it now?

Yes, do try to keep up. That is what the whole establishment left here in the US is protecting, their bioweapons labs. We have threads on this and you may have participated if you think back.

Threads on ATS you say.

Must be true then.

The data is true but I am not pretending every word is true. Data however, draws me in for details I can share with my family.

posted on Mar, 27 2023 @ 03:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Imhere
Russia is engaged in a proxy war. (Russia didn’t declare war or fully mobilize)

It's obviously a war that Russia started, whether they formally declare it, or not.

Who are Russia's proxies in this "proxy war"? Russia is directly involved, so unless they are a proxy (of say Iran, or China) then it is not a proxy war, even if you believe that Ukraine is acting for, and on behalf of, the NATO alliance.

posted on Mar, 27 2023 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: didntasktobeborned
BS. Putin just got served. Bottom line..by the baddest court on earth with international jurisdiction. He's got nowhere to go unless he wants to escalate..The Hague told that prik they're done screwin around..everything that happens now is people playin catch up..poo poo is done…and all it cost was a whole shipload of death and destruction..gut tells me pooty just got took out behind the barn..or is super fraid he's about to, he knows exactly what they can authorize.

Wishful thinking?

Not only are the Ukraine and Russia not signatories to the Rome Statute to begin with, but the two major powers on earth that are instrumental behind the scenes are not signatories either. Including the one who planned, provoked, is financing this disaster and blew up Nordstream (US), and the one who allies with Russia's and is at least looking for a peaceful solution (China).

This would seem to give the ICC no jurisdiction anyway, or at least about as much as they have with the US (none). Though the US further gets around the ICC simply by pressuring countries into article 98 agreements anyway.

While ever the worst transgressors (the west/Nato/US) are continually ignored by the ICC for their illegal acts of aggression, meddling in the affairs of sovereign states, attacks on civilians, assassinations with drones, open torture of political prisoners and so on, it will be seen for the sham organisation it is unfortunately, and won't (certainly shouldn't) be taken seriously.

The US is so enthusiastic about stamping out war crimes it has actually been known to place individual economic sanctions along with the freezing of assets of ICC officials for simply looking into US war crimes. They have long exempted their own personnel from international war crimes proceedings but a while back enacted the "Hague Invasion Act", where the US reserves the right to use any amount of force necessary, including military force, to free any US or allied official/service member detained by the ICC for any reason.

This is how the west (particularly the US) ends up with the world's largest extant collection of war criminals/crimes against humanity devotees. The Brits and French have their share as well. Though according to Amnesty dubbya is wanted for torture (among other things), while Obama's drone psychopathy is another obvious one.

This is nothing more than a political stunt. At worst the Pu might have to delay his trip to South Africa, or send someone else. There is a new game in town now (being led by China) and the players no longer seem to care about obvious western hypocrisy. A functional version of the ICC couldn't happen anyway because any objective and fair system would have seen every US president since WW2 and many within their administration brought before them (now including Trump and Biden).

This also leaves alone the fact that the supposed transgressions of Putin amounts to hearsay that's somewhat shaky and would be unlikely to stand in anything other than a sham proceeding anyway. Not that there aren't war crimes from both sides.

As far as Putin being taken to the wood shed and given the "hickory twitch" by Xi, that's even more delusional. lol. Underneath all of the bull# govts. use to stir up the ignorant masses, this is a US instigated economic war. Russia has just shown a lot of developing economies that you can survive without the US dollar and SWIFT. This is exactly what is in the Chinese playbook for the next decade. No doubt they would like it to conclude sooner than later, but it's simply not in their interests to let Russia collapse. Nor is it in India's and any number of fast growing economies. China will finance them as much as they need and will supply weapons if they have to. Why shouldn't they?

US sanctions rarely succeeded in anything other than immiseration and death for populations but have now had their day. Another chapter in the decline of the US led west, that is now happening quite rapidly.

posted on Mar, 27 2023 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quintilian
This would seem to give the ICC no jurisdiction anyway,

ICC has jurisdiction. If Putin flew to (say) the UK or another signatory country, then Putin would end up being arrested and moved to The Hague. Most many of us would NOT cry if such a thing happened.

ICC news
edit on 27/3/2023 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2023 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I been saying it since the start... Ukraine is going to China either way.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16   >>

join