It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientific evidence confirms old ages in the Bible

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

There is zero chance anyone lived to be 900 years old in the Bible because they were all married.

This is actual science.

Is this one of those 'do your own research statements or are You going to extrapolate a bit?

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: didntasktobeborned

There is zero chance anyone lived to be 900 years old in the Bible because they were all married.

This is actual science.

Is this one of those 'do your own research statements or are You going to extrapolate a bit?

Try living with the same wife for 900 years

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: LSU2018

How do you know there wasn't "magic" back then?

Back then...everything was magic. Bread rising and beer being good, was magic!

You seem to be of a highly mistaken opinion that people in the Bronze Age were ignorant, or stupid. I would argue that they were vastly more advanced in many, perhaps most ways.

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 10:34 AM
link   

No, beer being good is a sign that God loves us

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

I would argue that they were vastly more advanced in many, perhaps most ways.

I would argue that they were not.

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: hdchop
Uhmmmm. Sumerians = Most of the bible are old stories rewritten for the current ages of that time. We know now that the bible is a culmination of many historical events BC and Many Up gospels were removed from the original bible as to cull the masses.. Control is the flavor of it. History and research identify this. I don't think those who wrote and redacted the bible thought that some day we may be able to refute this writing pretty clearly.. You do you though.. That's how we get thru..

..... a reply to: neoholographic

Your comment is the most interesting here, but it's 50% right and 50% wrong, so it's hard to address. So I will simply speak out.

Although, if read literally, the bible is nothing but a compendium of lies and misappropriated myths, the bible is also purposely encoded with several holy sciences, which means that it has a true content to be found. But we will never find it out until we don't eliminate of all the lies and manipulation that the book also includes. I think I have decoded its last and most important message, but it's just a personal hypothesis, and won't share it openly until I can confirm it a bit more (thing I will probably never do). Although, the message is not very relevant, it is more like a promise that everything will be alright.

The fact that the bible has encoded information proves that those who "redacted it" made it so to leave messages for the future. Sort of like a time capsule. I'm quite sure that these "minds", which I don't consider to be human, knew that at one point human civilization would reach a point when we would be able to decode the document. I think we are approaching those times.

Probably the most relevant and visible of the holy sciences present in the bible is what we call "Astrotheology". For example, the destruction of the golden bull in the story of Moses represents the end of the Age of Taurus. While the sacrifice of Jesus (the lamb), represents the end of the Age of Aries (the ram, the male sheep, the lamb is a baby sheep). We are now at the end of the Age of Pisces, entering the Age of Aquarius. The Age of Aquarius which is an age when human consciousness will evolve into a higher understanding of truth and reality. That's why all the lies (at all levels) are crumbling down.

These "people" who redacted the bible and control the world use the stars as the guideline to lead human society. It's engineered to be this way.

edit on 17-3-2023 by ltrz2025 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 10:51 AM
link   

a reply to: neoholographic

It seems to me that your OP, and the alternative hypothesis that it presents, supports the idea that the biblical god is not the creator of the world, or the universe, but is a scientist experimenting with/on life on earth; i.e. "Lets see what happens if we narrow the gene pool and shorten life spans...."

Humans are clearly a genetic experiment, that's why our biological bodies contradict a lot of the evolutionary premises. Our bodies are not adapted to this world. Then, I agree with you, makes no sense that the creator of the universe would be so focused on one particular specie, in one particular planet, at one particular age.

edit on 17-3-2023 by ltrz2025 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

No, beer being good is a sign that God loves us

Hah! Paraphrasing Benjamin Franklin, nice!

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 12:13 PM
link   

The Bible tells us there will be famine and rationing but it will not interrupt or slow down the lifestyle of those in power. They will probably deem certain people too important to die and of course that will be most of them.

Yep.

Hasn't that always proven true, eh?

SnF

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 12:14 PM
link   

I would argue that they were not.

More skilled, better memories...and those sheep herders put you to shame and in your proper place when comparing their writing with yours.

While using you as an example might not be fair to all modern minds, it's a great example of how off you are on this one.

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

More skilled, better memories

More skilled, like spending all your days spinning wool and cotton? Carrying water from the river to the house? Grinding grain?

Better memories? Not a chance. What do you base that assertion on?

and those sheep herders put you to shame and in your proper place when comparing their writing with yours.

Pfffft. Give me a break. Sheepherders didn't know how to read or write. Only the elite of the elite were taught how to read and write, and certainly not if you happened to be born female.

Here in the USA, our most illiterate, poor and disenfranchised know so much more about their own body and health, family lineage and the world we live in than the average person in 600 BC, the 1st Century AD, the Middle Ages or even the Renaissance.

edit on 17-3-2023 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 03:06 PM
link   

You want us to make that connection in order for us to believe that your "God" can, if HE wants to, use "science" too.

Look at it like this. Say you're a person with many varied talents. Such as being a great photographer or a talent for painting. You can take a picture to look exactly like what you're aiming your camera at, so why would you want to paint it? You could never paint it to represent the subject as perfectly as a photograph could. So why would you want to use another medium besides photography? Maybe because you enjoy painting as well. That's why someone might do something more than one way - because they can and they enjoy it. Don't you think that God is very talented in several different things?

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Nice.

But how do we "switch it on"?

We know certain foods and combination of foods can cause genes to switch on and off.

What do we need to do to achieve this effect?

Maybe that "tree" no longer grows on Earth and we don't have access to that chemical anymore?

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: redchad
There was no such person as Noah! Judaism started 3500 years ago the flood story was written over 4000 year ago by Sumerians

There was no such place as Sumer until Noah's son Ham and his progeny, after the flood had abated, multiplied and spread out to the land of Shinar (Sumer.) You'll just have to trust that the Bible has it right. If you can't accept that, I don't know what to tell you.

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: redchad
The problem for modern day believers is

The problem for modern day believers is still the age-old Satan and his followers.

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyMayhew
So God, the creator of a trillion planets in a billion galaxies, spent centuries genetically manipulating an obscure bunch of bronze age goat herders for ....... why?

Centuries? It wasn't that long. Can a person, Adam, remain in a "coma" for centuries why God performs an operation? I don't think so.

He created Adam and Eve because he wanted them to worship him and give him his due. But he didn't just want slaves, so he gave them free will. Guess who came into the picture and screwed that program up? That's right! Satan.

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Perhaps. If you didn't understand the properties of yeast, you might think it was "magic."

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: didntasktobeborned

This is actual science.

I think he meant because they had "wives." You know, females.

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyMayhew
Try living with the same wife for 900 years

Man, that made my day. I haven't laughed so hard in days!
edit on 17-3-2023 by TrulyColorBlind because: I don't know why I left out the word "laughed" when I meant to use it. Stupid brain.

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TrulyColorBlind

Neither painting nor photography are magic. Both are processes that can be defined and replicated.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join