It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientific evidence confirms old ages in the Bible

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
More skilled, like spending all your days spinning wool and cotton? Carrying water from the river to the house? Grinding grain?

As opposed to what? Working long hours in a cubicle? Wasting your time looking at a tiny screen in your hand? Grinding your teeth because your neighbor in the upstairs apartment happens to love opera music, played loudly, and at 2 in the morning? The things you mentioned could also be considered "relaxful." Why would that be such a bad thing? Perspective, my friend.

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Neither painting nor photography are magic. Both are processes that can be defined and replicated.

I never said they were. What has that got to do with anything?

My first response which I changed to the above:
Not any longer. But there was a time when photography was considered "magic" because people didn't understand it. Images just "magically" appeared from a sheet of paper or a piece of glass or tin. God's creation powers can be explained. Not by me or you, but there is an explanation; count on it. And God "operating" on Adam can certainly be explained today. So, what's your point? You seem to have evaded my point in that God does things in different ways because maybe he likes to do that.
edit on 17-3-2023 by TrulyColorBlind because: Had a thought and changed my mind.

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

Noah is a jerk, he put cancer and COVID on the Ark.

And if he didn't then they evolved.

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TrulyColorBlind

So, what's your point? You seem to have evaded my point in that God does things in different ways because maybe he likes to do that.

My point?

You can't say, "Well the Bible says God did this, and we have to believe everything the Bible says is the absolutely true and real word of God. Therefore, the creation story and the Adam and Eve story is true as written, and we must work around that so called truth, even if it defies science, as we know it."

Either the creation stories, Adam and Eve and Noah, are allegoric and/or metaphoric, or that talented and whimsical guy from the Bible you call God is not God, the creator of everything, but some ET scientist character experimenting and tinkering with life on earth.

edit on 17-3-2023 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogany

All that death...the water would have had to have been loaded with all kinds of bacteria.
edit on 17-3-2023 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Infinitis

The Bible doesn't say that long life spans will return.. the closest thing it mentions is that men will seek death but not find it..

Wouldn't that be interesting. We'll all be DEADPOOL!

Though there has to be something deep within that sentence. "Men will seek death and shall not find it".

The only thing I can possibly think that would relate would have to be a divine 'curse' upon people.

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 07:43 PM
link   

But in reality, there is no such thing as magic. There is only science, sometime elusive, sometimes misunderstood.

What about not science : is that science as well ?

Did science exist before the universe, and then create the universe, because : science ?

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin

Did science exist before the universe, and then create the universe, because : science ?

I suspect you gave it a coma. An overheat at least.

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Yeah, science is on life-support these days.

Luckily : we have Science™ to replace it !

As Pilato says : They steal the real, and sell you back the Fake™.

But some haven't noticed yet, shhhhhhhh ...

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 10:55 PM
link   
No such thing as magic? What a bland world you live In.

a reply to: Sookiechacha

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogany

What I want to know is how dude fit a minimum of 6 million land animal species on a boat. Not counting the ones that live in ocean, went extinct, or haven't been discovered yet.

If Evolution is a lie. Then all these species must have been existing as created. And since over 7 million total animal species and subspecies have been identified, and evolution is a lie, then all variance in family, genus, and species must have been preserved in present form. Every variation couldn't evolve so It must have been preserved.

I mean screw finding geological formations that look like boat hulls in Turkey, these logistics need some splainin' first.

Fundamental problems I've had since I was like 6.

Start with,, How did he sex the 1 million plus species of insects and preserve all of them? How do you house that? The facilities he would need to preserve every species discovered would probably require a boat the size Manhattan.

But we know what a Cubit is. So...

Before I take ANYTHING SERIOUSLY IN GENESIS I want it explained how with the dimensions given Noah preserved every species of animal.

If it's not some parable about trial and error or something, then it's a literal whatnot, and this question needs to be answered.
edit on 17-3-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2023 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

But how many of those species already lived in the water or were able to on the water, or to be preserved in water such as insect larve?

I believe "as in the days of Noah" refers to the wickedness of man just before Jesus flooded the place.

But get ready to Jump in the Fire, that's what's next.

posted on Mar, 18 2023 @ 01:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

QM is on life support, but there's plenty of us still looking up.

Quantum Mechanics is invented not discovered, it's not found in nature.

QM should be renamed to Quantum Marxism... because that's exactly what it is. (a scientific worldview through Marxist colored glasses)

QM can't even plug into one of the basic laws of nature such as "what goes up must come down" that is a true observed fact time and again in this universe.

But QM says what goes up might not come back down... How absurd is that, has anyone observed that yet?

Uncertainty eh? that sounds like another scam to me on par with nothingness and zero.

edit on 18-3-2023 by iamthevirus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2023 @ 03:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

originally posted by: Infinitis

The Bible doesn't say that long life spans will return.. the closest thing it mentions is that men will seek death but not find it..

Reading Revelation 9:6 the word θανατον (Thanatos) is used. Thanatos in Greek myth is the son of Nyx/night and the brother of Hypnos/sleep.

Much like words for “Love” in Ancient Greek, there are more than 1 word covering “death.”

I would suggest that there is a far deeper meaning implied here than the one normally implied by modern translation into English.

The Hebrew phrases in the OT are rife with incorrect translations into English ‘meanings.’

I can assure you that while you’re right about love in that we have ΑΓΑΠΗ και ΕΡΩΤΑΣ και ΦΙΛΙΑ and so on for love depending on if it’s romantic love, lusty love, familial love, and so on, Θάνατος doesn’t have any hidden meaning that you are implying that it does. That word is both the process of no longer living as well as the the angel named Death. We have different words for the verb and adjective and so on, ex (v.) ΠΕΘΑΙΝΩ / (adj.) ΝΕΚΡΟΣ but there’s no alternative meaning to ΘΑΝΑΤΟΣ.

Oh, and I say that as a guy from a Greek speaking home as well as a linguist/philologist/etymologist/polyglot/translator by hobby, degree, credential, and profession…so you can trust what I am telling you.
edit on 3/18/2023 by AlexandrosTheGreat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2023 @ 05:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrulyColorBlind

originally posted by: redchad
There was no such person as Noah! Judaism started 3500 years ago the flood story was written over 4000 year ago by Sumerians

There was no such place as Sumer until Noah's son Ham and his progeny, after the flood had abated, multiplied and spread out to the land of Shinar (Sumer.) You'll just have to trust that the Bible has it right. If you can't accept that, I don't know what to tell you.

Ok you’ve got my attention! Did you really say I’ll have to trust what the bible says lol. So where Is the first written record of Noah? I’ll tell you the first 5 books of the Old Testament appeared in the Persian period 538 BC. Up until possibly 150 years ago this was the only record of the flood. Then archaeologists appear in the late 19th century and in the ancient city of Uruk find thousands of cuneiform tablets dating back to 3200 BC. Thankfully the civilisation at the time wrote everything down. Including The story of the Great Flood which has its origins in Sumer, the southern part of ancient Babylonia. Even though the younger Epic of Atrahasis and the Epic of Gilgameš, written in Babylonian, change many details, they continue to refer to Šuruppak as the city of the hero of the Flood story, even though the Sumerian name of the hero, Ziusudra, has been changed into Atrahasis or Ut-napištim. It was the supreme god Enlil's decision to destroy mankind. Enki realised that something terrible was about to happen. After this, Enki, speaking from the other side of a wall explains to Ziusudra the coming disaster. Enki's advice is to build a big boat. The story continues with a description of the Flood, which lasts seven days and nights and I think we all know the rest. There are other clues in the bible (there are over a 100 different bibles written in English) not many refer to El Shaddai, but the ancient Hebrew scribes you hold much faith in write about him. So why does this name disappear from your bible?

posted on Mar, 18 2023 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Timber13

They were eating from the tree of life to live longer.

Perhaps it took a few generations to wear off once the tree was no longer in the picture. It was something they ate.

Good points!

In the Garden, it shows there's more freedom within the Will of God and death, destruction and sin with the 1 choice outside of His Will.

You're right, it could have been something they ate that kept these genes switched on. When they left they Garden, these genes switched off over time and you got shorter lifespans.

Again, as the Researcher said, this information is already present in the body. It's already present in your genes and these Researchers have just figured out how to switch it back on.

posted on Mar, 18 2023 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

Science is the mechanism that allows the creation of the universe and allows it to persist, or not. Obviously, we don't understand all of science. We only understand a tiny faction of it from the perspective of our own environment.

posted on Mar, 18 2023 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

The Big Bang theory is a Christian/religious theory and you and the rest of the atheists believe in it. "Creatio ex Nihilo." Creation out of nothing. Sounds like what you call "magic..."

posted on Mar, 18 2023 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Creation out of nothing. Sounds like what you call "magic..."

You're omitting the element of singularity.

The Big Bang Theory is the most accepted cosmological model explaining the origin and evolution of the universe. The theory says that all the energy and spacetime in the universe were initially contained in an infinitely dense, hot, and incredibly tiny singularity.

interestingengineering.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2023 @ 11:13 AM
link   

"As in the days of Noah" is yet another Bible verse that is isolated out of context to fit a narrative

Here's the full verse:
"But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be."

He is simply saying that in Noah's day, no one had any clue that a civilization ending event was coming, and the same will be the case when he returns. Everything will seem normal and it will catch everyone off guard.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join