It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Real War Satan is Waging

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2023 @ 07:56 PM
link   
"So the dragon became enraged at the woman and went off to wage war with the remaining ones of her offspring, who observe the commandments of God and have the work of bearing witness concerning Jesus."-Revelation 12:17.

In a previous thread this war was touched upon. It pointed to this prophecy here in Revelation 12. In Revelation 12 we see Satan the Devil depicted as a dragon that has 7 heads with ten horns, and 10 diadems, or crowns, upon the 10 horns (Revelation 12:3), representing his rulership over the wild beast of Revelation that has the 7 heads and 10 diadems. In that thread we see who these world powers are:

(1) Egypt
(2) Assyria
(3) Babylon
(4) Medo-Perisa
(5) Greece
(6) Rome
(7) Anglo-America
(footnote 1)

Ten denotes something that is complete in an earthly respect. So the 10 horns and diadems show Satan's complete control over all the political system of things on earth.

Each of these as well as the kings of the "north and south" discussed partly in this thread all have one theme in common. They all oppose Jehovah God, his will, and his chosen people. In the past that was the ancient nation of Israel. Since Jesus Christ came to earth it has been the anointed congregation of Christian witnesses. For a fuller understanding of how we can determine with accuracy that the anointed Christian congregation consists of the 144,000 standing on Mount Zion with Jesus Christ in Revelation 14 see this thread.

Genesis 3:15 tells the prophecy Jehovah uttered in the Garden of Eden that has been the predominate them of the entire Bible. And is seen fulfilled in Revelation. Revelation 12 touches much on the characters involved in that prophecy. There we are told:

"And I will put enmity between you and the woman and between your offspring and her offspring. He will crush your head, and you will strike him in the heel.”-Genesis 3:15.

The woman Jehovah was talking to is his celestial organization in heaven (Galatians 4:26). This woman in Revelation 12 is seen giving birth to the kingdom:

"And the dragon kept standing before the woman who was about to give birth, so that when she did give birth, it might devour her child. And she gave birth to a son, a male, who is to shepherd all the nations with an iron rod. And her child was snatched away to God and to his throne."-Revelation 12:4-5.

The offspring of the woman, that we see here giving birth to a child in this prophecy is Jesus Christ. He is the king that will shepherd all the nations with an iron rod (footnote 2.). He is the offspring that would bruise the original serpent, Satan the Devil in the head, by destroying him after his 1,000 year reign over the earth. Satan bruised the offspring of the woman in the heel, when he put Jesus Christ to death, when he was hung on a torture stake on Nisan 14, 33 C. E.

After Jesus was resurrected and returned to heaven he offered up his perfect human sacrifice to his Father as a ransom for all humankind that exercises faith in it. On Pentecost 33 C. E. (that is 50 days after Nisan 14 when he was put to death) Jesus Christ poured out the holy spirit on his followers in an upper locked room of 120 disciples. These were the first of the 144,000 to be anointed (Acts 2:1-4).

The war was now being waged with the secondary offspring of the woman. Jesus Christ was in heaven. But his anointed heavenly co-rulers live on earth. They are no part of the world in Satan's control. Rather they herald the coming of Christ's kingdom to the world. After the last of the apostles died off toward the end of the first century C. E. Satan planted false Christians among the Christian congregation. Real anointed Christians apostatized from the truth wanting to gather people to themselves, and they taught a paganized form of Christianity. By the third century when the Roman pagan Emperor Constantine made the Catholic Church the state Church she had fully apostatized. The weed that Satan had sown among the wheat of Jesus' illustration was in full bloom.

Now turning to look at that illustration briefly we see how Jesus tells us this apostasy would develop and how "weeds" false Christians would grow alongside the wheat, true anointed Christians, until the time of the end. Please see Matthew 13:25-30. Jesus explains this illustration a little further on when he states:

"“The sower of the fine seed is the Son of man; the field is the world. As for the fine seed, these are the sons of the Kingdom, but the weeds are the sons of the wicked one, and the enemy who sowed them is the Devil. The harvest is a conclusion of a system of things, and the reapers are angels."-Matthew 13:37-39.

Jesus said that during the time of the end he would separate out from among the false Christians his anointed and sealed congregation of witnesses. In this thread we see how we can determine by Bible prophecy that the time of the end started in 1914.

After 1914 God's people would stand separate from the false "weeds" of fake Christians. The group of genuine anointed Christians that were heralding the time of the end and the establishment of God's kingdom in heaven to the world were the group known as Bible Students. Charles Taze Rusell along with other genuine anointed Christians studying the Bible and moved by holy spirit saw many changes that needed to be made the in Churches of Christendom. And it was his hope that the clergy would listen to their clear teachings from the Bible. But the clergy did not want to listen, and the Bible Students gradually came to the realization that they had to cut off all ties with Christendom in order to be pleasing to Jehovah because of her false pagan doctrines, and her practice of being involved with Satan's political system of things:

"“‘Therefore, get out from among them, and separate yourselves,’ says Jehovah, ‘and quit touching the unclean thing’”; “‘and I will take you in.’” “‘And I will become a father to you, and you will become sons and daughters to me,’ says Jehovah, the Almighty.”-2 Corinthians 6:17-18.

The war in heaven between Michael and Satan in Revelation 12:9 happened around the year Jesus was enthroned as king in heaven (depicted in the thread mentioned above). How long that war lasted we cannot be certain. It perhaps lasted several years. But finally Satan and all his demons were cast to earth and have now been confined here. Because of that the angel said there was great rejoicing in heaven. But great woe for the earth:

"On this account be glad, you heavens and you who reside in them! Woe for the earth and for the sea, because the Devil has come down to you, having great anger, knowing that he has a short period of time.”-Revelation 12:12.

That group of anointed Christian witnesses separated themselves from false religion, and slowly began to root out all pagan holidays and teachings that had seeped into the anointed Christian congregation by the moving and blessing of God's holy spirit upon them. He purified his people just as the prophecy said he would do. And they became his spokesmen to the world. As they went forth with the good news of God's incoming kingdom government they spread the dragnets of Christ's illustration.
edit on 15-3-2023 by randomuser because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2023 @ 07:56 PM
link   
In the dragnets (Matthew 13:47-50) being cast good and bad fish were caught. Among them genuine anointed Christians as the angels directed the preaching work (these are the harvesters). In 1931 the IBSA (International Bible Student Association) as they were then known adopted the Christian and Biblical name Jehovah's Witnesses in accord to the prophecy in Isaiah 43:10. They realized that just bearing the name Bible Students was not enough as they were also preachers and teachers of the good news of God's kingdom, and they realized that the name Christian wasn't enough either at that point, because many people called themselves Christians. Some called them derogatory names, such as Rusellites, and Millennialists among other names. But they knew the movement went beyond just Russell's understandings of Bible truth. They continued to be refined and corrected their understanding of Bible truths as the decades progressed. They did not adopt the derogatory names that enemies placed on them. Rather by guidance of holy spirit Jehovah had this group of anointed Christians adopt his own name as he declared would occur many thousands of years ago.

In 1935 it became clear that not only the anointed who were to reign in heaven at Christ's side were being caught in the dragnets being let down into the waters of humankind. There were many coming to worship at Jehovah's mountain of true worship that had not been sealed with holy spirit and called to heavenly life. The light became clearer and it soon became evident that many true Christians of the earthly hope, those who would live forever on earth, were being drawn into Jehovah's house of true worshippers. These were the "other sheep" that Jesus was referring to in John 10:16. Since that date the majority of those being drawn in the dragnets are those of an earthly hope. As these take sides with Jehovah and against Satan and his system of things they also come under assault.

The real war Satan is waging today? It is against Christ's anointed followers, gathered as he promised, out of all the nations and tribes and tongues and people, a people called by Jehovah's name. It is against Jehovah's Witnesses. There are more than 20,000 anointed with the heavenly hope along with millions of those with the earthly hope.

This war is conducted in some countries as Satan uses his earthly minions to outright ban the kingdom preaching work, throwing them into prison, and murdering them. It is conducted in the media by means of false propaganda. The religious leaders in Satan's control also take the lead in persecuting and hounding Jehovah's anointed, gathering with governmental officials to spread lies, slander, and hatred against them. The war is waged by means of the immoral and violent society this world promulgates. It is an affront on all sides.

Satan's entire war being waged right now is against these anointed. As he has the entire world under his control. These are the remaining ones of the offspring of Genesis 3:15. And when the last of them have received the second sealing, the angels holding back the 4 winds of destruction will let them loose, and the great tribulation, the gathering of the anointed to heavenly life, and Armageddon will immediately follow.

And scripture says that it will come to a climatic head when Satan, by means of demonic propaganda will gather all the rulers of the earth against Jehovah's Witnesses in an effort to efface them from the surface of the earth. And Jehovah, in a defensive maneuver will step in to protect his named people. For he is real. And his name will be known. And in that day all the nations will quiver and shake. And the mountains will fall. And the animals will cower in fear. And all the great and the small, all the leaders, all the high ranking officials, the free people, and all the slaves will cower in fear. And they will see our king and redeemer coming on the clouds of heaven as he executes judgement upon all the ungodly for all their ungodly deeds. And the war dead on that day will be from one end of the earth to the other. On that day there will be no atheist. And on that day everyone everywhere will know Jehovah is God, and Jesus is king.

posted on Mar, 15 2023 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Footnote 1: See this thread for a fuller understanding of the 7 world powers of Bible history.

Footnote 2: See this thread giving a fuller understanding of this iron rod, or the scepter and how it represents Jesus' right and power to rule and how he will use it over humankind.

(Footnotes added as I could not add it to the OP as I am out of room to do so now.)

posted on Mar, 15 2023 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: randomuser

1914?

Oh my, Jehovah Witness?

posted on Mar, 15 2023 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Had to stop at the world powers list...if the prophesy had any truth to it, it would reflect the reality of the world powers at the time of its passing. And lets be real only 1 of those listed as a world power right now. Same of those arent even considered regional powers...

posted on Mar, 15 2023 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

Had to stop at the world powers list...if the prophesy had any truth to it, it would reflect the reality of the world powers at the time of its passing. And lets be real only 1 of those listed as a world power right now. Same of those arent even considered regional powers...

For a fuller understanding of world powers in Bible history please see this thread.

ETA:

And this thread
I will add it as a footnote above.

And this thread.

posted on Mar, 15 2023 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

1914?

Oh my, Jehovah Witness?

For a fuller understanding of why it is logical to come to the year 1914 as the start of the last days please see this thread.

posted on Mar, 15 2023 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Yeah, about that...

jwanswers.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2023 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Yeah, about that...

jwanswers.com...

I didn't look up that website. But if you're interested in having an interchange on the prophecies here in this thread in the OP let us discuss.

But since you linked somewhere I will add this link here for you, not to any of my threads that answered all of the above, but to the the official JW website: JW.ORG

In the age of the internet with a little click (or touch) of the link, if one is so inclined, you can reach the truth with simple ease.

posted on Mar, 15 2023 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Oh my, Jehovah Witness?

i thought this all sounded familiar then i saw charles taze rusell then it dawned on me this sound like a watch tower pamphlet
i'm betting OP is a writer for them.

posted on Mar, 15 2023 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: BernnieJGato

Oh my, Jehovah Witness?

i thought this all sounded familiar then i saw charles taze rusell then it dawned on me this sound like a watch tower pamphlet

Ha ha. (hearty laugh)
Thank you for the compliment.

posted on Mar, 15 2023 @ 09:21 PM
link   

trust me it's not.

posted on Mar, 15 2023 @ 09:23 PM
link   

trust me it's not.

Well, I took it as one.

posted on Mar, 15 2023 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Oh my, Jehovah Witness?

As for my thoughts on Russell please see this post..

posted on Mar, 15 2023 @ 09:30 PM
link   
You know, Jesus died on the cross for everybody's sins. If a person becomes saved, that means his sins as well will all be forgiven. For eternity.

Now, do the Jehovah's Witnesses believe this as well? Because it truly is "once saved, always saved." If a person believes they can backslide and become "unsaved," then they were never really "saved" in the first place. It would be a mockery to Jesus Christ having died on the cross if mortals could undo anything he died for.

posted on Mar, 15 2023 @ 09:35 PM
link   
If you want the truth, you need to look no further than the scripture. As in old and New Testament. Most everything else out there that reaches elsewhere is a snare

Don't get snared. I got snared and shared false information on ATS some years ago. I didn't know. I was tricked.

right after that, I felt the Holy Spirit do something. He was still within me but all of a sudden felt so far away. I didn't understand what was happening. I felt so alone. So weak. I felt separated from the Living God.

Then after a few days, God actually spoke to me. It's embarrassing to discuss with you, and to even think about. In fact, I've blotted his exact words from my mind because it was too painful. He said something like I was engaging in false information. Something like wife's tales.

I told him I was sorry, and I stayed away from ATS for a couple weeks or so. My false statement is still recorded on ATS. And I'm not going to say where. I'd rather forget it.

Don't do what I did. Don't be tricked.

Only refer to the scripture. That is Gods Word. Anything that contradicts it in anyway is a snare

posted on Mar, 15 2023 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TrulyColorBlind

Your comment is correct

posted on Mar, 15 2023 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrulyColorBlind
You know, Jesus died on the cross for everybody's sins. If a person becomes saved, that means his sins as well will all be forgiven. For eternity.

Now, do the Jehovah's Witnesses believe this as well? Because it truly is "once saved, always saved." If a person believes they can backslide and become "unsaved," then they were never really "saved" in the first place. It would be a mockery to Jesus Christ having died on the cross if mortals could undo anything he died for.

The apostle Paul wrote of all the things he did for Jesus Christ and spreading the message of the good news to people of the nations. Notice all that he went through:

"Are they ministers of Christ? I reply like a madman, I am more outstandingly one: I have done more work, been imprisoned more often, suffered countless beatings, and experienced many near-deaths. 24 Five times I received 40 strokes less one from the Jews, 25 three times I was beaten with rods, once I was stoned, three times I experienced shipwreck, a night and a day I have spent in the open sea; 26 in journeys often, in dangers from rivers, in dangers from robbers, in dangers from my own people, in dangers from the nations, in dangers in the city, in dangers in the wilderness, in dangers at sea, in dangers among false brothers, 27 in labor and toil, in sleepless nights often, in hunger and thirst, frequently without food, in cold and lacking clothing."- 2 Corinthians 11:23-27.

Did you see everything he did after he was saved? What did Paul think after doing all these things? That he was "once saved always saved?" Notice his attitude:

"I pummel my body and lead it as a slave, so that after I have preached to others, I myself should not become disapproved somehow."-1 Corinthians 9:27.

He said that after he had done all this he pummeled his body and led it as a slave because he did not want to become disapproved somehow. In another place he said:

"Not that I have already received it or am already made perfect, but I am pressing on to see if I may also lay hold on that for which Christ Jesus selected me. Brothers, I do not yet consider myself as having taken hold of it."-Philippians 4:12-13.

So Paul did not believe that he was "once saved always saved."

Jesus said those who endure to the end will be saved:

"But the one who has endured to the end will be saved."-Matthew 24:13.

Jesus in a revelation to John told him to tell the congregations:

"Do not be afraid of the things you are about to suffer. Look! The Devil will keep on throwing some of you into prison so that you may be fully put to the test, and you will have tribulation for ten days. Prove yourself faithful even to death, and I will give you the crown of life."-Revelation 2:10.

There is a constant reminder to remain faithful to Jehovah God once one comes into a saved and approved condition. Jesus said we need to prove ourselves "faithful even to death" and we will be rewarded with the crown of life.

posted on Mar, 15 2023 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
If you want the truth, you need to look no further than the scripture. As in old and New Testament. Most everything else out there that reaches elsewhere is a snare

Don't get snared. I got snared and shared false information on ATS some years ago. I didn't know. I was tricked.

right after that, I felt the Holy Spirit do something. He was still within me but all of a sudden felt so far away. I didn't understand what was happening. I felt so alone. So weak. I felt separated from the Living God.

Then after a few days, God actually spoke to me. It's embarrassing to discuss with you, and to even think about. In fact, I've blotted his exact words from my mind because it was too painful. He said something like I was engaging in false information. Something like wife's tales.

I told him I was sorry, and I stayed away from ATS for a couple weeks or so. My false statement is still recorded on ATS. And I'm not going to say where. I'd rather forget it.

Don't do what I did. Don't be tricked.

Only refer to the scripture. That is Gods Word. Anything that contradicts it in anyway is a snare

Thank you for the sincere words. They are much appreciated. And indeed only God's word is truth. Stick to it and good health to you!

posted on Mar, 15 2023 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
Your comment is correct

Thanks. As a Southern Baptist, I know it is correct.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join