It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Scepter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2022 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Introduction

Greetings to my fellow ATS denizens. We have all been drawn to this website to learn, no doubt about it. Some about the paranormal, others about long-held conspiracy theories. Some of us with a keen eye on world events as they fulfill Bible prophecy. On a recent thread was a discussion giving convincing proof that the Bible is inspired by God, and not the work of any human. It focused on the prophetic events of Revelation 12 and how they relate to the prophecy in Genesis 3:15. In an even earlier thread more proof was given of the divine authorship of the Bible. There we see Daniel's prophecy in agreement with prophecies revealed by Jesus Christ in the gospel accounts, and in the Revelation given to John on the island of Patmos. In both of these we see this proof, namely the Bible canon and how over the course of over 1,600 years the main theme of Genesis 3:15 is unraveled and in Revelation it is brought to its thrilling climax tying in all prophetic scriptures in unity. Revelation itself has its major fulfillment in the times in which we live. In this thread we see a timeline revealed in Bible prophecy, a part of a divine puzzle that we see leads to the date of 1914 C. E. as a pivotal year.

In other threads of mine, the kingdom government of Jesus Christ established in heaven has been a major focus:

Peace at Last!
What Really is the New World?
Heavenly Jerusalem vs New Jerusalem
The Prince of Peace
The Incoming World Government.

In the same vein, it is worth looking into the key prophecy in the Bible, Genesis 3:15, and the prophecies pertaining to "The Scepter." In ages past it was not known how these prophecies would unfold, and that is understandable. But today we have the Bible, all 66 books, which God has seen fit to hand down to us, as his works, to guide humankind during this most tumultuous time in human history. During the dark ages of the rule of the Roman Catholic Church the translation of the Bible was forbidden to the common, or vulgar vernacular. They keep a stranglehold over its words, and kept it in Latin, and only allowed the clergy to learn Latin. Trying to translate the Bible into the common tongue meant certain death. And many brave God fearing souls risked their lives, and gave them up (such as William Tyndale) so that the Bible could be translated into our language. But that is a story for another thread.

The key prophecy of the Bible is Genesis 3:15, upon it is laid the foundation of the rest of God's word. It reads thusly:

"And I will put enmity between you and the woman and between your offspring and her offspring. He will crush your head, and you will strike him in the heel.”-Genesis 3:15.

In this thread, mentioned above, we go into some detail about this prophecy, especially details revealed about it in Revelation 12. We see two conflicting figureheads (1) the serpent, (2) the woman, and their offspring (3) the offspring of the serpent, (4) the offspring of the woman. The serpent is Satan the Devil. His offspring are all the wicked spirit angels, and all the humans that follow him and oppose the woman and her offspring. The woman is God's celestial organization in heaven. Her offspring was principally Jesus Christ, but also a secondary offspring is made up of the 144,000 who are bought from earth to rule with Jesus Christ in heaven. There are so many prophecies in the Bible talking about these wonderful secret secrets and how they unfold that it would take a book to write about such wonders.

But let us focus in on the prophecy concerning "the scepter!" This is crucial because it will really help to hone in what God's kingdom government really is. This is the theme that is found throughout most my threads. It is so important because for so long people did not understand what God's kingdom really is. Even those in Christendom that repeat Jesus' model prayer in Matthew 6:9 where we are told to pray for God's kingdom to come to earth and to establish his will here as it has been done in the heaven have not been taught by their clergy.

The Jews reading the messianic prophecies were looking for relief from Jewish bondage to the Roman yoke of slavery. So they rejected the Messiah when he came. Even his apostles asked Jesus if he was going to restore the kingdom of Israel in Jerusalem at that time, after he was resurrected:

"So when they had assembled, they asked him: “Lord, are you restoring the kingdom to Israel at this time?”-Acts 1:6.

Later on after Jesus returned to heaven an apostate Church taught that it was God's kingdom on earth and had the right to appoint kings. The wicked lie of the divine right of kings. To this day adherents of the religions of Christendom do not know what God's kingdom is.

The Scepter

The first prophecy concerning the scepter was given by Jacob on his deathbed, in the year 1711 B. C. E.:

"The scepter will not depart from Judah, neither the commander’s staff from between his feet, until Shiʹloh comes, and to him the obedience of the peoples will belong."-Genesis 49:10.

Here Jacob, by divine inspiration, revealed that the "scepter," and the "commander's staff," were both in the hands of the tribe of Judah. And it would not depart from that tribe until the one who comes who the peoples obedience would belong, Shiloh, or He Whose It Is; He to Whom It Belongs. Shiloh would rule forever. It goes without saying, but a scepter is carried in the hand of a ruler as a symbol of their authority to rule.

Now, in the year 1943 B. C. E., some 232 years after that prophecy, and some 2,000 years after the prophecy uttered in Genesis 3:15 about the offspring, Jehovah revealed to Abraham, as he crossed over from Ur the land he lad left, into Canaan, as a foreigner, that the offspring would come through his line:

"And by means of your offspring all nations of the earth will obtain a blessing for themselves because you have listened to my voice.”-Genesis 22:18.

King David, in the line of the lion cub of Judah, was anointed as king by Samuel a little before 1077 B. C. E. when he began to rule as king over Judah. David said that he was inspired by Jehovah God to write his Psalms:

"The spirit of Jehovah spoke through me; His word was on my tongue."-2 Samuel 23:2.

In one of these prophecies Jehovah God moved David by means of his holy spirit to prophecy the coming of Messiah and the scepter of power he would wield:

"Jehovah declared to my Lord:
“Sit at my right hand
Until I place your enemies as a stool for your feet.”
Jehovah will extend the scepter of your power out of Zion, saying:
“Go subduing in the midst of your enemies.”
"
-Psalms 110:1-2.

edit on 10-8-2022 by randomuser because: (no reason given)

link   

While Jesus Christ was on earth, reasoning with the stubborn religious leaders, the Pharisees, he helped them to see that this prophecy was referring to himself:

"Now while the Pharisees were gathered together, Jesus asked them: “What do you think about the Christ? Whose son is he?” They said to him: “David’s.”  He asked them: “How is it, then, that David under inspiration calls him Lord, saying,  ‘Jehovah said to my Lord: “Sit at my right hand until I put your enemies beneath your feet”’?  If, then, David calls him Lord, how is he his son?” And nobody was able to say a word in reply to him, and from that day on, no one dared to question him any further."-Matthew 22:41-46.

To answer the question, Jesus was David's lord, because he existed in heaven before he came to earth, long before David was born. And yet he was David's son, because he emptied his heavenly spirit body and was transferred to the womb of Mary and was born as a human child, in the line of David. The offspring foretold of Genesis 3:15. An offspring from the heavenly realms above.

The angel Gabriel appeared to the humble Mary and revealed who Jesus was to her:

“Greetings, you highly favored one, Jehovah is with you.”  But she was deeply disturbed at his words and tried to understand what kind of greeting this might be. So the angel said to her: “Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God. And look! you will become pregnant and give birth to a son, and you are to name him Jesus.  This one will be great and will be called Son of the Most High, and Jehovah God will give him the throne of David his father, and he will rule as King over the house of Jacob forever, and there will be no end to his Kingdom.-Matthew 1:28-30.

So the angel Gabriel confirms that Jesus is the foretold Messiah, the offspring of the woman, Shiloh, of the lion cub of Judah, the one in whom the nations have put their hope. He is in fact the Savior of the world, and the light of the nations. His kingdom is eternal.

Now David also had another prophetic Psalm wherein he was inspired to write about the scepter Jesus was to rule with:

“I myself have installed my king
On Zion, my holy mountain.”
Let me proclaim the decree of Jehovah;
He said to me: “You are my son;
Today I have become your father.
Ask of me, and I will give nations as your inheritance
And the ends of the earth as your possession.
You will break them with an iron scepter,
And you will smash them like a piece of pottery.”

-Psalms 2:6-9.

The angel Gabriel told Mary that Jesus was the "Son of the Most High." In prophetic song David proclaims the decree of Jehovah to Jesus Christ: "You are my son." Jesus, God's only-begotten son, as his first creation, of the most ancient of times past, and the Christ, or chosen one, Shiloh, was given the ends of the earth as his inheritance. And Jehovah promises him that he would rule the kings of the earth with an iron rod and smash them to pieces on the day of his anger.

You see this scepter is Jesus' inheritance, his right as God's only-begotten, and as the one in the line of David, to rule over God's kingdom government established in heaven.

Revelation 12 talks about the birth of the kingdom in heaven that will soon come to wage war with the governments and nations of the earth. Referring to the symbolic woman of the prophecy in Genesis 3:15 we are told:

"And she gave birth to a son, a male, who is to shepherd all the nations with an iron rod. And her child was snatched away to God and to his throne. "-Revelation 12:5.

This iron rod that the son has is the iron scepter of Psalm 2:9 quoted above. It is also the same scepter referred to in the prophecy of David concerning the Messiah in Psalm 110:2 already quoted above but quoted here again:

"Jehovah will extend the scepter of your power out of Zion, saying:
“Go subduing in the midst of your enemies.”

-Psalms 110:2.

The 45th Psalm was concerning the Messiah. There the sons of Korah under inspiration talking about God's son and his scepter:

"God is your throne forever and ever;
The scepter of your kingdom is a scepter of uprightness.
"
-Psalms 45:6.

The scepter of Jesus' kingdom government is founded upon the surest thing in existence, the throne of Jehovah God, it is a scepter of uprightness.

This kingdom is a real government ruling in heaven. After Jesus Christ was resurrected he returned to heaven where he was told to sit at Jehovah's side, his right hand, until the time came for him to begin ruling in kingdom power, and might, and glory. This was already quoted above but again we will quote it here again, the prophecy of Psalms 110:1:

"Jehovah declared to my Lord:
“Sit at my right hand
Until I place your enemies as a stool for your feet.”
"
-Psalms 110:1.

Paul wrote concerning this prophecy:

"But this man offered one sacrifice for sins for all time and sat down at the right hand of God, from then on waiting until his enemies should be placed as a stool for his feet."-Hebrews 10:12-13.

Jesus sat down at God's right hand waiting for God to place his enemies as a stool for his feet. That happened in the year 1914 C. E. In that year Jesus was installed king on high of Jehovah's kingdom government in heaven. This is what Revelation 12 is about.

In that year there was a coronation ceremony in heaven. Which I describe in this thread. Using the prophetic words of the vision of Daniel:

"I kept watching in the visions of the night, and look! with the clouds of the heavens, someone like a son of man was coming; and he gained access to the Ancient of Days, and they brought him up close before that One. And to him there were given rulership, honor, and a kingdom, that the peoples, nations, and language groups should all serve him. His rulership is an everlasting rulership that will not pass away, and his kingdom will not be destroyed."-Daniel 7:13-14.

The king Nebuchadnezzar was given a dream vision of a statue that represented the world powers from his day down until the time of the end in which we now live, which would have direct influence over Jehovah's people. In that vision he sees a mountain and a rock that is carved out of that mountain, not with hands, and it strikes the dream image in its feet, it wars against the world rulers in in the time which we now live, and it destroys and puts and end to all human rulership, and establishes a righteous heavenly government of peace over all the earth.

“In the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed. And this kingdom will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it alone will stand forever."-Daniel 2:44.

Revelation 12 is the birth of the kingdom. Jesus now reigns on high. He is not aligned with any earthly government. In fact Revelation tells us that at the battle of Armageddon all human rule will come to an end. All the rulers of the earth will gather together to fight against Jesus Christ. See Revelation 16:14, 16.

After Jesus shepherds the nations with his iron scepter, and does away with all wicked humankind, he will establish a heavenly rulership, a righteous government of peace over all the earth, wherein he will undo all the problems human rule has caused to our great sorrow.

link   
Conclusion

"I heard a loud voice in heaven say: “Now have come to pass the salvation and the power and the Kingdom of our God and the authority of his Christ, because the accuser of our brothers has been hurled down, who accuses them day and night before our God! And they conquered him because of the blood of the Lamb and because of the word of their witnessing, and they did not love their souls even in the face of death."-Revelation 12:10-11.

The scepter of rulership is that of Jesus Christ. His kingdom government in heaven is real, it is everlasting, it will endure forever and not be passed on to any other people. It will bring about the foretold blessings to humankind foretold in Bible prophecy. It is also no part of this world. And Jesus' subjects are no part of this wicked world in Satan's control. Here they are seen as conquering because of the word of their witnessing. The remaining offspring of the woman, the remaining of the 144,000 who are alive on earth today.

This brings us to another secret revelation concerning this "scepter" of ancient Bible prophecy. Just as Jehovah God has offered his firstborn and only-begotten son Jesus Christ the royal scepter of power over the entire earth, Jesus has chosen to share that kingdom rule with 144,000 whom he has bought as firstfruits from the earth. To these Jesus promises:

"And to the one who conquers and observes my deeds down to the end, I will give authority over the nations, and he will shepherd the people with an iron rod so that they will be broken to pieces like clay vessels, just as I have received from my Father."-Revelation 2:26:-27.

At the battle of Armageddon those chosen faithful, anointed, 144,000 who will be resurrected in mighty spirit bodies in the image of Jesus Christ, and Jehovah God will be given iron rods with which to shepherd the nations as Jesus has been given by his Father, Jehovah God. And they will ride forth in righteous warfare at the battle of Armageddon to share with Jesus in bringing this wicked system of things to its complete destruction.

"And out of his mouth protrudes a sharp, long sword with which to strike the nations, and he will shepherd them with a rod of iron. Moreover, he treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God the Almighty. 16 On his outer garment, yes, on his thigh, he has a name written, King of kings and Lord of lords. I saw also an angel standing in the sun, and he cried out with a loud voice and said to all the birds that fly in midheaven: “Come here, be gathered together to the great evening meal of God, so that you may eat the flesh of kings and the flesh of military commanders and the flesh of strong men and the flesh of horses and of those seated on them, and the flesh of all, of freemen as well as of slaves and of small ones and great.”-Revelation 19:15-18.

"These [All the nations of the earth] will battle with the Lamb [Jesus Christ], but because he is Lord of lords and King of kings, the Lamb will conquer them. Also, those with him who are called and chosen and faithful [the 144,000] will do so.”-Revelation 17:14.

This will be at the manifestation of Jesus Christ in heaven along with his chosen anointed. But that will be left for a different thread.

"For the creation is waiting with eager expectation for the revealing of the sons of God."-Romans 8:19.

new topics

join