It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if Adam Said "No"?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2023 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

what's unrealistic about it?

Your claim that Adam ate the fruit so that Eve would not "fall" alone, that's what is unrealistic.

posted on Mar, 1 2023 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: LSU2018

what's unrealistic about it?

Your claim that Adam ate the fruit so that Eve would not "fall" alone, that's what is unrealistic.

It was explained the tree's temptations to them both as explained here, it appears Adam was right there by her side listening to the creature too.

Then the serpent said to the woman, “You will not surely die. 5 For God knows that in the day you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”

6 So when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, that it was [a]pleasant to the eyes, and a tree desirable to make one wise, she took of its fruit and ate. She also gave to her husband with her, and he ate. 7 Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together and made themselves coverings.

To be as God.
edit on q00000051331America/Chicago2222America/Chicago3 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2023 @ 12:51 PM
link   
What IF adam got to the tree first?
and He eat first and got eve to take a bite?
would we Look down on Man and not woman?

and what if God wanted meat !
would abel have kill'd cain?

posted on Mar, 1 2023 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: buddha
What IF adam got to the tree first?
and He eat first and got eve to take a bite?
would we Look down on Man and not woman?

I guess we wouldn't have this masterpiece if that was the case.

edit on 1-3-2023 by LSU2018 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2023 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

If Adam said no, you wouldn't exist, I wouldn't exist, the history of the world would be completely different.
There would probably be 100 billion people on the earth right now, our planets livable land mass would be 10 times what it is today. The oceans would be much smaller, the mountains would not be as tall. Adam would still be alive today, but Eve wouldn't. God would have executed Eve, and gave Adam a new wife to propagate the planet. Ever notice that millions of men have a propensity to give into their wives/girlfriends, when they know it's a horrible idea, we inherited that trait from Adam.

posted on Mar, 5 2023 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Many Christians subscribe to the idea that Eve was impregnated by a fallen angel when Cain was conceived.

In one of the Legends of the Jews, Cain is the fruit of a union between Eve and Satan, who is also the angel Samael and the serpent in the Garden of Eden, and Eve exclaims at Cain's birth, "I have gotten a man through an angel of the Lord."

en.wikipedia.org...

Further:

The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and also afterward—when the sons of God went to the daughters of humans and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown.
Genesis 6 4

So, we know, according to the Bible, that the "others" were producing human off-spring by seducing the daughters of Eve.

Plus, Jesus told the Pharisees:

Jesus speaking to the pharisees said, I speak that which I have seen with My Father: and ye do that which ye have seen with your father.
They answered and said unto Him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.
But now ye seek to kill Me, a man that hath told you the Truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.
Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they unto him, We be not born of fornication.
John 8:31-38

You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies
John 8:44.

ETA:

Ever notice that millions of men have a propensity to give into their wives/girlfriends, when they know it's a horrible idea, we inherited that trait from Adam.

After the fall, women weren't allowed to say "No" to their fathers or their husbands. Other than Delilah, I know of no Bible story where a woman's desires were a detrimental priority. A Man's desire to have / be with a woman, like David and Uriah's wife, well, that's different story of lust and murder.

edit on 5-3-2023 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2023 @ 12:38 PM
link   
If Adam said "no".

Eve goes ballistic, screams her head off, chops down half the trees and strangles half the animals.

The next morning, Eve asks: "Hi sweetie, would you like to taste the fruit"?

"Yes dear".

"That's what I thought"!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join