It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many Terrorists have been Arrested because of the Patiot Act?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   
The Bush Administration and many Repubicans in congress say that the Patiot Act is A must Have in the fight against Terrorizm....But where are the arrest?....how many arrests?.....

have I missed something

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   
You're forgetting that monster posing as a family man who was out showing his kid(yea right) how to shine lazers. I do beleive he's a guest of honor in a Bush camp.

The horror. If they only have him thats enough. How much more evil can you get?

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Two N.Y. Girls Held Over Terror
Thursday, April 07, 2005

NEW YORK — Two 16-year-old girls living in New York have been detained since last month on immigration violations amid concerns they were potential recruits for a suicide bomb plot that never materialized, officials said Thursday.

The girls — one from Bangladesh, one from Guinea — were picked up by authorities on March 24 and put in a detention center, the officials said.

Details about the case, first reported Thursday by The New York Times, were sketchy, and a supporter of one of the girls claimed the accusations were false.

The Times cited a government document that said the FBI believed the girls posed "an imminent threat to the security of the United States based upon evidence that they plan to be suicide bombers."

Two law enforcement officials, both speaking to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the case is pending, confirmed the content of the document, but suggested that it may have exaggerated the threat.

Investigators were concerned that girls might be recruited sometime in the future for a suicide mission by a suspect in an ongoing terrorism investigation, one of the officials said. They decided to detain the pair before they could become involved, the official added.

The law enforcement officials declined to discuss the terrorism investigation. Calls to the FBI's New York office were not immediately returned.

Marc A. Raimondi, a spokesman for U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (search), a division of the Department of Homeland Security, would confirm only that two juveniles had been arrested on "administrative immigration violations" and remain in federal custody.

Adem Carroll, a community activist with the Islamic Circle of North America, told the Times one of the girls had been arrested after she stopped attending public high school in September. Federal immigration agents investigated her home and discovered an essay about suicide and Islam on her computer, Carroll said.

The case seemed to be "an investigation that's gotten out of hand, like a lot of other so-called terror investigations," Carroll told the paper.

Carroll did not immediately return calls for comment on Thursday.

Link:

This happened just today, and the Patriot act was resposible... If you ask me thought it is rediculous. Those two 16 year old girls were arrested for immigration and an essay that was written... Good ol' fashion US style democracy that is...

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Anybody got any idea of how many convictions we have had? I can't believe how many Americans don't even care whats happening, you mention this type of thing to them and they just close down, refusing to even discuss or acknowledge this type of thing is happening. They just label you a liberal and ignore it.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Lazers and two girls ...ohhhh, this is getting good. Soon the camps will be filled to capacity for crimes ungodly. *shudders*

Some of us care..just what do you propose we do about it? I'm listening.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Ok...so next to no arrests in 3 years ....nobody inprisoned....or are these facts hidden?

Why is this such an important tool in the fight against terror??

Why don't the Fed government prove to the American public and the whole world that this is a effective tool in the war on terror?

Or is it a tool for putting down a popular uprising of the people
and why would they need such powers
....what would the Government be afraid of to need such powers

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Lazers and two girls ...ohhhh, this is getting good. Soon the camps will be filled to capacity for crimes ungodly. *shudders*

Some of us care..just what do you propose we do about it? I'm listening.

I was talking about some people who absolutely refuse to believe anything is wrong with the way things are happening. I wish I knew what to do about it. About the only thing I know is to stop watching the network news and letting them know why and to try and educate more people about it. The network news (the so called liberal media, what a joke) really report very little on the Bush camp except feel good stories and if they report anything on them negative it is because it has already been in the alternative news media and also in the news in Europe. Our news media is almost being used as a tool by the Bush administration.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 08:24 PM
link   
why do we need the patiot act????

Why is it so important to our lawmakers?

Again have there been any substantal arrests or convictions because of the Patiot Act.....if no then its no important....or is ineffective....

I say Down with the un-Patiot Act

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Anyone ever considered that the Patriot Act is merely a legalisation of something that has been happenening for years! If my country had the Patriot Act I would probably have a 12-Page wrap sheet with ASIO, simply due to the books I borrow from my Library and the Organisations I am apart of...

The reason the Patriot Act isn't effective because it is all null and relative... Its no better than race-profiling... In fact I beleive they go hand in hand... Two little islamic girls write an essay and the government screams - TERRORIST ...

The way to fight the un-Patriot Act is to go out and:

Borrow as many books from your library that will show up on their radar...
Go out and but 20 kgs of chemical fertilizer, (and use it on your garden)
All the essays you write in School/Uni/College should be anti-US and anti-Imperialism
Dress in Army Fatigues with a Muslim Headpeice
Start calling god - Allah
Start defending the little guy

and above all remain ever vigilant...

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 11:24 PM
link   
The way to fight the un-Patriot Act is to go out and:

Borrow as many books from your library that will show up on their radar...
Go out and but 20 kgs of chemical fertilizer, (and use it on your garden)
All the essays you write in School/Uni/College should be anti-US and anti-Imperialism
Dress in Army Fatigues with a Muslim Headpeice
Start calling god - Allah
Start defending the little guy

and above all remain ever vigilant...

LOL im not trin to be #4.....

But I hear ya.....I never concidered the racial profiling angle...interesting

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
But I hear ya.....I never concidered the racial profiling angle...interesting

hahaha Just think, how many average, overweight, white, middle class, Americans have you seen been arrested for writing and essay?

Anyone who doesn't think Racial-Profiling doesn't happen, should open their eyes... Just look at how many more Black people are caught for crimes committed...

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I think that laws should be seperated with the budget allowances. They try and pass off legislation hidden in entire novels.

example:

"This bill authorized 5$ to be spent on toothbushres for all chiefs of staff, 10$ for mouthwash supplies, 5$ for toothpaste. The goal of this legislation is to promote general hygiene in all cabinet members. IT is our findigns that all staff memebrs having clean teeth will promote a healthier work environment.

a) Alll staff members must brush their teeth at least twice a day. And at least 1 time before and after each meal.

b) Mouthwash must be applied before work and before bedtime.

c) Tootshbrush's will be issued once a month.

d) All citizens will suspend their constitutional rights of privacy and we now ill issue probable cause search warrants just because you are a citizen and promote the constitution.

e) All citizens who defend the Constitution are herby labeled domestic terrorists under Staff Hygeine HR 203 section 1E."

I think it is ridiculous how much junk they can cram into one bill. And how much they try and obfuscate the ultimate goal of the legislation. I have NO IDEA how the Patriot Act was voted on by people who call themselves Americans..

Didnt the constitution already grant the government probable cause? Why would they need the Patriot Act? I think it was to override probable cause and just start monitoring EVERYONE. I dont think, thats what it is.

Which is scary. As much as I think it might be more "productive", I would not want to sacrifice my right to privacy just on principals.

And I could of swore the President and elected officals take an oath to defend the Constitution?

So why are there gun laws and anti privacy laws?

Im surprised there hasnt been some powerful organization somewhere that opens up a can of whoopass ont he govt. for all its junk.

My rights are not a privelage, it is the respect I demand for being alive.

new topics

top topics

join