It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Bizarre Night of Sleep (or lack thereof).

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2023 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Greeting ATS,

Here I am bleary eyed after another bizarre night of sleep. Let's start with the dog who woke up about a half dozen with a cough or something like she was gasping for air. These episodes were short lived and we both went back to sleep afterwards. I did take her to the vet this morning and now have some meds for her (which hopefully will help). This could also be related to her heart condition and I need to bring her back for an echocardiogram in the near future. I may be having dreams but my wallet is having nightmares!!

Anyway, on to the matter at hand...during the times that I did sleep there was no shortage of sounds that woke me. There were bumps, bags, thuds and even a two-tone sound. I checked my phone and nothing. I checked to see if I lost power and nothing. I looked outside the window and still nothing. I don't know what to make of this?

There was one dream however. In it I saw words flashing by going right to left as on a computer screen of some sort or maybe even a book. They stopped and two came into focus. It was a name: Steven Herbert. I did a google search this morning and there were a couple hits. Most notably a leader in the quantum computing field.

Anyone want to take a stab at this?

p.s. I did have one very delicious IPA before bed...

posted on Feb, 17 2023 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: RomaSempre

Stress? Bad diet?

Sometimes as I'm drifting off I'll have incredibly vivid ... what I call "microdreams." And they are weird. I mean some of them are bizzare.

I'd suspect stress in your life causing dreams that wake you up. Sounds like you may have some (stress, I mean).

posted on Feb, 17 2023 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Sounds like spiritual tampering from low level spirits. Basically, you are a theme park for them, and therefore you get no sleep. Alcohol is the last thing you should be consuming, as well as a sh*tty diet. You need to get your sh*t together in all senses, and you know it. Otherwise, good luck.
edit on 17-2-2023 by ltrz2025 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2023 @ 12:08 PM
link   

My job has very long inconsistent hours, often sleeping in my truck in sketchy areas with constant traffic noise or the 2nd crew banging and clanging. God I hope it's not spiritual tampering again!!
Indica jazz Cabbage helps me sleep for about 4 hrs . I never get a full 8 unless Im at home. I'm also open to suggestion for sleep aids.

posted on Feb, 17 2023 @ 12:11 PM
link   
LOL. If people only knew what sleeping and dreaming was about!!... You know guys that there is literally no BIOLOGICAL reason for us to sleep and/or dream, right? It actually goes against all evolutionary logic, when you sleep you are vulnerable to predator attacks... anyway, it's hard to wake up people in this particular point, I'll leave it at that.

Small tip: your dreams are not yours....

posted on Feb, 17 2023 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomaSempre
Let's start with the dog who woke up about a half dozen with a cough or something like she was gasping for air. These episodes were short lived and we both went back to sleep afterwards.

What's her heart condition? It could be related to this.

As for the noise, were you sleeping with the window closed or open? Was it windy during the night?

The last thing you want to do is jump to paranormal conclusions and risk mental instability. It could've been very well a twig tapping against a window. Sounds can be produced by birds such as drill-peckers, sounds can be carried over long distances by the wind, etc.

As for alcohol, even the smallest dose disturbs judgment. But that doesn't appear to have prevented a meaningful dream. Did you have the dream as you were waking up?

I had a similar dream with words flashing in red moving either left/right. I'm certain it wasn't phosphenes (i.e. fractals), it was more like tv static, like this gif. And it was also different from the random numbers/letters you might see upon waking up to a lamp light shining over your closed eye. I see words clear as day just that one time.
edit on 17-2-2023 by hjesterium because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2023 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies guys.

@incoserv Yes, I have a lot of stress at the moment. Dog stress, family stress, job stress and all the other b/s that's going on in the world.

@ltrz2025 I don't know about spiritual tampering. I did have a number of dreams about aliens in the past year though.
You have two tings right however. My diet is sh*t and I really need to get my stuff together in a lot of areas.

@hjesterium No, there wasn't any bad weather here last night.

I will sometimes have a beer at night. I usually prefer a good Belgian Ale, lol.

What kills me is the name! Why dream the name of a legit person? Especially in that field?

Cheers.

Roma

posted on Feb, 17 2023 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I’ve been having crazy dreams as of late. I wake up thinking WTF then it’s all gone.
The Sarge did a loud WOOT a couple of nights ago.
Sounded like someone goosed her….LOL
I yelled WTH was that thinking it was a cat maybe.

I was dreaming she cried out.

I let it go, I don’t wanna know……🤣🤪

posted on Feb, 17 2023 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ltrz2025

Small tip: your dreams are not yours....

Who's dream are they?
What does that say about someone not dreaming at all?

posted on Feb, 17 2023 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ltrz2025
You know guys that there is literally no BIOLOGICAL reason for us to sleep and/or dream, right?
That's absurd.
For human organisms, sleep rests tired nerves, repairs brain cells, etc. The fact that almost every animal species, without exception, experiences sleep speaks volumes: www.sciencenews.org... Why should humans be exempted from the rhythm of life?

It actually goes against all evolutionary logic, when you sleep you are vulnerable to predator attacks...
Then the issue lies not with sleep, but with man's neglect for his senses. Animals can sense dangers which rouses them from sleep, pet owners should understand what I'm saying.

Small tip: your dreams are not yours...
Careful, that logic leads to a Zen-like belief that everything is being transmitted externally and denies that insights and clarifications can be obtained internally. It's true that two sleeping individuals sharing similar wavelengths may experience an interchange between their dreams.
edit on 17-2-2023 by hjesterium because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2023 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Have you previously had clairaudient experiences, especially while sleep deprived?

What kills me is the name! Why dream the name of a legit person? Especially in that field?
Since there was no context/narration accompanying the name, it could just be something someone else in your vicinity was thinking about at the time. Know anybody with an interest in quantum mechanics? Are you interested in it?

posted on Feb, 17 2023 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

I've been testing this forum for about a week now, and from all the people I crossed here, you are the only one smart and kind hearted, so I'll answer any question you ask until I leave it, I doubt I'll stay here much longer, probably a few days and gone.

The fact that from all the people I've crossed, only you are worthy of a conversation, means that the good and smart people leave this forum very quickly after having some "interactions" with some of the members and moderators here. The people you interact with deeply influence the way you think and feel, so beware that you are not getting "bad influences" by staying here too long.

Explanation of sleeping and dreaming:

First you need to understand that a being is its SOUL, and when it embodies in the physical universe, it receives a body and a mind (spirit) to operate physically. Your body helps you move around, your mind helps you not running into walls. To make a silly analogy with a PC: your body is the hardware, your mind is the software, and the soul is the ENERGY.

The action of sleeping acts as a rest for the soul. Your soul gets tired of physical life, and when we sleep, the soul goes back to SOURCE to recover, leaving just a tiny string connected to the body, for it not to "die". The soul is the LIFE that animates all living beings.

What we call "death", is actually the soul leaving the body forever, going back to source permanently. The body simply stop working. However, the mind (which is an electromagnetic imprint, as proven by scientific research) can stay active. Most of the time, when a person dies, the mind realizes that they've died, so the mind dissolves instantly. But in some other cases, like in accidents, or when the person dies very old (senile), the person takes time to realize what happened, and the mind stays around for a while (they are what we call spirits, ghosts, demons, djinns). Also, the mind of very materialistic and evil people tend to stay as well, and there are actual "rituals" you can perform for your mind to stay around... however, that state is what its normally known as "hell".

As stated, when you sleep, your mind goes to SOURCE, leaving your body and your mind in "stand by mode". These spirits that are around us have the capacity to "posses" your mind (and memories) for certain amount of time while you sleep, and use it as some sort of rollercoaster, for fun. That's why many times, people dream about people and places they've never seen, or they even dream that they are not themselves... because they are simply not themselves when they are dreaming.

This being said, it's nothing to be afraid of. These entities are doing exactly what their nature tells them to do. However, some people (mostly by the way they "live") become more permeable to these entities (which could be the case of the OP). These people become theme parks for these spirits, and their sleeping pattern becomes super conflicted, due to all the spiritual tampering.

People who doesn't dream means that they don't get spiritual tampering, this mostly happens when the house you live and the lifestyle you carry is quite clean. These spirits hate purity, they prefer the Viva La Vida Loca type of life.

posted on Feb, 17 2023 @ 01:19 PM
link   

you are the only one smart and kind hearted

Just because I made you some compliments?
thats simply not true and you know it.

Well, I'm quite aware of everything you said, and you can rest at ease this place is choke full of predators and I'm just trophy hunting...

But what about "these entities", are they basically disembodied minds, or what are we talking about?
edit on 17-2-2023 by Terpene because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2023 @ 01:22 PM
link   

No, not at all, compliments from an internet stranger means nothing, I can see just in the way you select words when you write. I can see you are smart and kind hearted. But if you think otherwise, no issues, it's your opinion. I'm pretty sure that you know what you are doing with your time as well, all good, but a free advise never hurt anyone.

And there is probably good people here (as in everywhere), but I've been looking for them for a week and they are nowhere to be seen. Either they don't connect much here, or they simply refuse to write comments to avoid bad times. Or, the wise ones, leave. That's how internet forums work nowadays.

Much love

posted on Feb, 17 2023 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Sorry I made an edit as I felt my question was still open...

posted on Feb, 17 2023 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Yes, you could call them disembodied minds, it's technically correct: minds without body (and soul). They are dead things.

posted on Feb, 17 2023 @ 01:47 PM
link   

One can very much be alive and disembody his mind, although I would suggest to mind the gap when venturing out.

Do you think it's all just human minds that decided to stay around or could there be another non human element to it? What about the minds of animals?
is it symbiotic or parasitic?
edit on 17-2-2023 by Terpene because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2023 @ 01:51 PM
link   

You are probably referring to astral projection, or those who do D-.M-T trips. In those cases, either the meditation/respiration of the person, or the toxic chemical that they consume, tricks the mind to think that the body has died. Therefore, the mind detaches from the body. It's like an expanded NDE.

People should be careful when doing this, when you do that, your mind is entering the realm of the disembodied entities... your mind can cross many things there, practically none of them good or productive, because it's very low spiritual level. They can "give you" things (which is why deeply materialistic people end up doing that), sure, but they'll always take way more in return.

posted on Feb, 17 2023 @ 02:01 PM
link   

If there is something non-human there, I don't know. And also, you have to be aware that these entities are tricksters, they change shapes depending on what the person is looking for, because they are after your attention. As said, for me that place is what's known as "hell", the place of the dead things, so I have no interest in such place or in anything that is located there. It's like going to a cemetery and playing with the stones...

I have heard that some people have seen animals there, but I really don't know. I doubt it, because the mind of animals seems to be tuned in a different frequency than of humans. However, they have souls as we do, that's for sure.

posted on Feb, 17 2023 @ 02:04 PM
link   

I'm mostly just concerned with my body, as my mind is pretty much set...
But a body without a mind, it's like a red flashing invitation sign...

They are actually quite easily to deal with and will gladly trade all your old tools for a much preciser multitool. I think fear is a very detrimental approach when venturing into these lands and dealing with it's inhabitants. They can smell it...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join