It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TREASON! Rep. Waltz Says DOD Told Him China Spy Balloons Crossed US During Trump Years But Gen. Matt

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: NorthOfStuff

originally posted by: Creep Thumper
It's really sad to me that there are people here who don't understand why we are so indignant about a general defying a president or withholding information from his Commander-In-Chief.

I attribute it to a serious lack of patriotism.

I’m trying to get my head around this and still have to read through more of this thread but… hypothetically… if some lone radar operator sees a nuke inbound from a country not at war with the US and decides not to report in to avoid MAD is he a good guy or a bad guy?

I think the answer is self evident!

If the lone radar operator allows a single missile to enter unscathed when an ABM system may have taken it out…
It isn’t complicated.

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

John Brown was found guilty of treason in a court of law. I actually got married in the same courthouse where he was tried. That said he was tried under a state law. Not a federal law. So I'm not entirely sure how it relates to the current conversation.

I do believe his lawyer made a shrewd argument by saying that as Brown did not owe any allegiance to Virginia it was impossible for him to be found guilty of treason. So I suppose depending on your interpretation of the law you could argue his civil rights were violated by being convicted of treason. Although he still would have been hanged thanks to the murder charges.

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Keeping in mind this is the same military who were willingly commandeered by the speaker of house in January of 2021.

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Why would Waltz, a very junior member of Congress, be told "by the DOD" all this without any other congressmen reporting it? And now his office is screaming "Treason!" I'm sure this will go a long way.

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

A very good point.

But if you want to hear some treason, turn on the TV tomorrow night. Pretty safe bet you will hear some from a dude that declared war on half the US last year.

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: network dude

What does Milley have to do about whether Mattis knew about balloons during Trump's administration?

Why are you the self imposed water boy for Mattis and Milley?
Have you ever supported these traitors, Mattis or Milley before?

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

Why do you feel the need to improperly label a hypothetical crime as treason and then get extremely upset when it gets pointed out that A.)The crime isn't treason and B.) Nobody has even presented evidence of a crime occurring?

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Why do you feel the need to improperly label a hypothetical crime as treason and then get extremely upset when it gets pointed out that A.)The crime isn't treason and B.) Nobody has even presented evidence of a crime occurring?

I'll answer your question after you answer mine.

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1

I'll answer your question after you answer mine.

She didn't answer my question either.

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 06:42 PM
link   

I'm sure the DoD has an Orange Man Bad clause in the UCMJ.

posted on Feb, 6 2023 @ 07:32 PM
link   

a reply to: Creep Thumper

Except he was retired from the military and operating in a civilian capacity. Also, more importantly, there's not even evidence that he did withhold information from Trump. The only thing you have is a Gateway Pundit article that completely misconstrues comments made by Waltz.

No evidence? Wrong again.
How about direct evidence from Trump and his senior officials that would have been briefed, that said that this story is news to them?
That is the best evidence that could be presented.

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Once again, if Mattis didn't know about the balloons how could he brief officials? It's sounding like the reason the balloons weren't discovered at the time is because Trump was lax with defending against Chinese espionage. Once Biden got into office he ordered the military and IC to increase our defenses and as a result this balloon and the others were discovered.

So yes, there is no evidence Mattis knew anything about the previous balloons.

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 05:53 AM
link   

a reply to: RazorV66

Once again, if Mattis didn't know about the balloons how could he brief officials? It's sounding like the reason the balloons weren't discovered at the time is because Trump was lax with defending against Chinese espionage. Once Biden got into office he ordered the military and IC to increase our defenses and as a result this balloon and the others were discovered.

That's it. Trump was sitting there, monitoring the radar screen (it was his turn) and he suddenly was pre-occupied by the latest edition of "Jugs" magazine that Janet Yellen had left behind. (her shift was right before Don's) Well, needless to say, while he was marveling over the Double D's, that damn lock ness monsta came by asking for tree fiddy.

Seriously, you have to let the TDS go every now and then. It makes you look stupid.

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Simple! If there was balloons during the Trump years the leaks would have been instantaneous. People would be beside themselves to leak it. Schift's bug eyes would nearly have popped out.

So no balloons.

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 07:01 AM
link   

There you guys go again getting hyperbolic anytime legitimate criticism of Trump gets brought up. The Trump admin didn't prioritize combating Chinese intelligence and as a result China took advantage. The Biden administration saw the gaps in our defense and sought to shore them up.

As a result the Biden admin identified and neutralized a balloon coming from China while the Trump admin missed three.
edit on 2/7/2023 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

so you are sticking with this one eh? Trump micromanaged the MIC (they totally listened to everything he said) all the way down to telling them to ignore balloons. Some times you should look at the post, think on it a bit, and delete it, rather than hit the button. Again, this makes you look really dumb. And you aren't.

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 07:09 AM
link   

So it's Biden's fault a balloon got halfway across the US before being detected but it's not Trump's fault that three balloons went undetected?

Got it! Trump isn't responsible for anything bad ever but he's responsible for everything good ever even if he had nothing to with it.

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 07:16 AM
link   

So it's Biden's fault a balloon got halfway across the US before being detected but it's not Trump's fault that three balloons went undetected?

Got it! Trump isn't responsible for anything bad ever but he's responsible for everything good ever even if he had nothing to with it.

you should get informed a bit.

www.washingtontimes.com...

Perhaps the same folks that didn't tell Trump or his admin about this were going to keep this one secret as well until the dude from Montana took pictures.

Either way you slice it, someone #ed up. And trying to make the someone Trump isn't going to do anything but increase the LOLz. So for the sake of my laughter, don't stop now, you are on a roll!

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 07:18 AM
link   

and this is a gem. I can almost see the pulsating redness emanating from your backside. Get some buthurt cream on that ASAP!

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

So who the hell knew about them back then to leak info about them now?
Network Dude is right, you are double talking yourself into oblivion on this subject.
On one hand you are saying Trump wasn’t able to defend the country from Chinese balloons and then you are saying the people that should have had intel on the balloons to inform Trump about them, didn’t know about them.

Liberal logic is getting you into trouble, you can’t have it both ways.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join