It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWSMAX deplatformed by DirecTV

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2023 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150
NEWSMAX has been booted from DirecTV. Why?

Because the Democrats said so.

Nope.

Because Newsmax contract was up and they were asking for too much money to renew.

Newsmax is available from other sources, they weren't bringing much business to Dish.

Capitalism, pure and simple.
edit on 27/1/2023 by rnaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2023 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Direct TV too expensive for just a couple of channels I’m interested in, I’m not trying to be one of those snobs that say “I don’t watch tv” …because I do enjoy some shows, prime is all I pay for now, for tv background noise, also for while I build my model airplanes.

posted on Jan, 27 2023 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: 38181

Just wondering do you get the likes of Freeview in the US?

Have to say the only services i pretty much use/pay for these days are Netflix, Disney Channel(mainly for the kids and Starwars LoL), and YouTube for the most part.

The Sky/Virgin premium packages got canceled long ago.

edit on 27-1-2023 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2023 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Rest assured that the five network channels still provide all the Woke TV programming you could want for free, over the air with a digital antenna that has a one time cost as low as $20.

Fortunately there are additional digital stations that rerun older, less woke shows like Adam 12 and The Beverly Hillbillies. Jethro inviting the hippies over to have Granny show them how to smoke crawdads is priceless.

posted on Jan, 27 2023 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

I was always a bit partial to the "The Beverly Hillbillies".

It used to be aired on BBC2 over here at about 17:30 or 18:00 if memory serves back in the 80s/90s.

Seem to remember it being aired on a Saturday morning also before the likes of The Waltons or Black Beauty about Noon.

Also Lost in Space even with that mad Pedo Dr Smith was class in a glass.
edit on 27-1-2023 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2023 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Not familiar with freeview, maybe someone here will chime in.

Netflix was pretty good, but then I ended up canceling since prime was good enough for one subscription, I’m cheap, sorry.

posted on Jan, 27 2023 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

I know what you mean.

Cox doesn't carry The Pac 12 network in its standard package. Their media deal not only charges an unnecessary premium beyond The Big 10, and SEC but their ultra capitalist deal sent UCLA and USC to defect to The Big "10" and take The LA media market with them. UC System didn't even try to stand in the way.

It's actually 40 dollars cheaper to subscribe to Fubo TV (plus the add on) for The Pac 12 Network than it is to upgrade Cox, who charges almost $175 for the package that includes it.

DirecTV is so cheap they still wont pay the ridiculous price of The network.
edit on 27-1-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2023 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: 38181
a reply to: andy06shake

Not familiar with freeview, maybe someone here will chime in.

Netflix was pretty good, but then I ended up canceling since prime was good enough for one subscription, I’m cheap, sorry.

Freeview is a marketing brand to centralize free-to-air TV stations in Australia. Its main benefit is an electronic program guide. All content is delivered over the normal TV antenna.

By the way, all television service in Australia is digital now. Each network has 5 digital channels allocated (not by FreeView - by the Feds) some SD some HD, and there are a few shopping channels and a community channel. There are 5 networks, ABC, Seven, Nine, Ten, SBS. FreeView is a marketing consortium managed by those networks.

It sorta meant something during the transition from analog to digital because it 'certified' set-top boxes so people could use their Analog TV to show the new digital channels. But pretty much everyone has switched to digital sets now, so it is nowhere near as important.

Freeview (Australia)

All your favorite TV, All in one place, All for free

posted on Jan, 27 2023 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Degradation33
a reply to: madmac5150

I know what you mean.

Cox doesn't carry The Pac 12 network in its standard package. Their media deal not only charges an unnecessary premium beyond The Big 10, and SEC but their ultra capitalist deal sent UCLA and USC to defect to The Big "10" and take The LA media market with them. UC System didn't even try to stand in the way.

[snip]

The P12 Network fiasco is all on ex commissioner Larry Scott, 100%. Kliavkoff is starting from a hole that still hasn't found a floor.

Those two SoCal schools are going to have lots of fun flying across country to play in the Big House in November.

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: 38181

No apology necessary, we cut our Netflix package down for similar reasoning.

Aka felt like i was paying for the extended family to watch Netflix because they were all logging on.

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 08:42 PM
link   
news max is shill cheerleader garbage . same as fux n feinds and pawn vanity and pucker karls'son a reply to: madmac5150

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMsentme
news max is shill cheerleader garbage . same as fux n feinds and pawn vanity and pucker karls'son a reply to: madmac5150

Direct TV is replacing NEWSMAX with a new Bill O'Reilly/Sean Hannity channel.

Source: www.hollywoodreporter.com...

Maybe O'Reilly and Hannity are 100% Pro-Biden by now? I've ignored both of them since Nov 2020.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join