It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWSMAX deplatformed by DirecTV

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2023 @ 09:16 PM
link   
NEWSMAX has been booted from DirecTV. Why?

Because the Democrats said so.

At midnight Tuesday, AT&T's DirecTV cut Newsmax's signal, immediately shutting the network off from more than 13 million customers of the satellite service, DirecTV Stream, and U-Verse.

This is the second time in the past year AT&T has moved to cancel a conservative channel, with DirecTV deplatforming OAN in April.

Despite Newsmax being the 4th highest-rated cable news channel in the nation, a top 20 cable news channel overall, and watched by 25 million Americans on cable alone, according to Nielsen, DirecTV said it was taking the step as a "cost-cutting" measure and would never pay Newsmax a cable license fee.

DirecTV pays cable license fees to all top 75 cable channels and to all 22 liberal news and information channels it carries. Almost all of these channels are paid hefty license fees significantly more than Newsmax was seeking — and despite the fact that most of the channels have much lower ratings than Newsmax.

This is political censorship, plain and simple.

AT&T DirecTV's decision to drop OAN and Newsmax comes on the heels of a February 2021 letter written by Rep. Anna Eshoo, D-Calif., and then-Rep. Jerry McNerney, D-Calif., demanding that cable and satellite TV providers explain their alleged role in the "spread of dangerous misinformation" by carrying conservative networks.

After the Eshoo and McNerney letter, in April 2022, AT&T removed OAN from DirecTV.

Conservatives are being silenced... the Democrats abhor free speech.

"The facts don't matter, only the truth matters..." Joe Biden said it himself...

AT&T's DirecTV Cancels NEWSMAX in Censorship Move
edit on 25-1-2023 by madmac5150 because: Clarity

posted on Jan, 25 2023 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Bet there's already a boycott in the making, and DishTV will announce special "switch over" sales prices 😎

posted on Jan, 25 2023 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Bet there's already a boycott in the making, and DishTV will announce special "switch over" sales prices 😎

We live in the mountains with no cable service. I'm so glad we chose Dish.

This entire thing stinks. It is "cancel culture" on steroids, with government encouragement. That is terrifying.

This cannot be allowed. The Constitution forbids censorship... it's spelled out specifically in the very first Amendment.

posted on Jan, 25 2023 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Who uses Dish anyway? They're on their way out of business.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2023 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: v1rtu0s0

DirecTV just gave Dish a serious boost.

Satellite service is most prevalent in rural areas... that is a fact. Rural Americans tend to see things a bit differently. We aren't "woke brainwashed", and we worry more about our families than virtue signaling.

DirecTV made a serious mistake.

posted on Jan, 25 2023 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

"The facts don't matter, only the truth matters..." Joe Biden said it himself...

What the hell is this even supposed to mean? hahaha

posted on Jan, 25 2023 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: v1rtu0s0

Here's a better question, "Who still watches TV?"

posted on Jan, 25 2023 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TooMuchTimeAndResearch

Most voters do. That's the problem with this.

posted on Jan, 25 2023 @ 11:02 PM
link   

That's a real bummer. I haven't watched cable or satellite TV since i was about 14 or 15. I don't remember. It's been too long.

posted on Jan, 25 2023 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Gosh. I forgot Newsmax even existed. I dont think they are any better than Fox News.
I refuse to watch any of the so called conservative MSM channels, including Daily Wire. I think they are all crap.
Instead I watch the independent 'podcasters' like Crowder, Timcast, Bongino, and others. That is where the real news is. That is where truth is found because they have nobody holding their puppet strings. They are viewer driven. They can do and say what they want w/out having to lick the boots of corporate boards etc.

So, I don't mind they got kicked off of DTV. I don't think they had that many viewers anyways.

posted on Jan, 25 2023 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: shaemac
Gosh. I forgot Newsmax even existed. I dont think they are any better than Fox News.
I refuse to watch any of the so called conservative MSM channels, including Daily Wire. I think they are all crap.
Instead I watch the independent 'podcasters' like Crowder, Timcast, Bongino, and others. That is where the real news is. That is where truth is found because they have nobody holding their puppet strings. They are viewer driven. They can do and say what they want w/out having to lick the boots of corporate boards etc.

So, I don't mind they got kicked off of DTV. I don't think they had that many viewers anyways.

NEWSMAX is the #4 ranked cable news network... they have a huge following.

Newsmax has better rating than the vast majority of liberal news networks. The liberal news networks are protected from scrutiny by those in charge. Their ratings are abysmal; yet they get a platform... and huge fee revenue.

This isn't right.

The left wants mindless autonomy. They want us to think like them, and any dissent must be quashed. This is sheer tyranny.

I am retired military, so maybe I see things from a different perspective. It is only a matter of time, before this government takes total control of our lives. Mark my words. Censorship is just the first step.

edit on 25-1-2023 by madmac5150 because: Yarrrr

edit on 25-1-2023 by madmac5150 because: Meow

posted on Jan, 25 2023 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150

Direct TV is losing subscribers almost as fast as illegals are coming into the country.

400,000 @ quarter say bye-bye: www.nexttv.com...

Serves them right. I wonder how long AT&T will keep DirectTV and CNN in its family?

posted on Jan, 25 2023 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Direct TV is losing subscribers almost as fast as illegals are coming into the country.

Serves them right. I wonder how long AT&T will keep DirectTV and CNN in its family?

Go woke... go broke.

They will figure it out, sooner or later...

posted on Jan, 26 2023 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Get a Fire stick. Download the Newsmax app.
Problem solved.

posted on Jan, 26 2023 @ 10:33 AM
link   

even better question, "who still gets their news from TV?" lol

posted on Jan, 26 2023 @ 10:51 AM
link   

I rarely watch TV anymore. The only reason we have cable anymore is for the kids' channels.
There simply isn't much on that's worth watching anymore. It seems to me that television -- the entire media form -- is in severe decline, and possibly on its way out. Most people just don't realize it yet.

posted on Jan, 26 2023 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I had Direct 2 Years ago Dropped it the Prices hikes are crazy.
I have DISH now better plan and don't Lose Signal unless it's a really bad storm.
NEWSMAX i watch constantly More Truthful than many others.
I Flip to CNN on occasion just to Hear the Lying Leftist.
I'm Really Tired of this ADMINS BS.

originally posted by: carewemust

posted on Jan, 26 2023 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Games are afoot.

I just did an internet search for the twitter account of Kevin McCarthy in his House Speaker role. No results, at least on the first page. A search on twitter itself found the account right away.

smh

Cheers

posted on Jan, 26 2023 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: HUBE007

Never a bad idea to keep tabs on what they are feeding the normies.

posted on Jan, 26 2023 @ 11:28 AM
link   

People who don't have access to cable spring to mind.

And the new Starlink hardware includes a satellite dish of sorts.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join