It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dianne Feinstein Passes on Pro Temp of Senate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2023 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Senator Dianne Feinstein, D NY, passes on being President Pro Tempore of US Senate

www.businessinsider.com...

But Murray's nomination is a break from decades of precedent. Since the 1940s, senators have typically chosen the most senior member of their party to serve in the largely ceremonial role.

In January, that will be the 89-year-old Democratic Sen. Dianne Feinstein of California, who took office just a couple months before Murray in 1992.

Feinstein declined to run for the job — though when asked about that by Insider last month, she appeared unaware she had issued such a statement.

She is reportedly having senior moments and presumably knows she can't keep up.
Joe Biden could take a lesson from her.

I'm surprised but glad. 89 is too old to hold an important position in anything.

+10 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2023 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Can a person that employed a Chinese Spy be fourth in line to the Presidency? Asking for 340 million friends...

posted on Jan, 3 2023 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

Dianne Feinstein Passes on

I was almost giddy up to that point.

posted on Jan, 3 2023 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Dianne Feinstein Passes on Pro Temp of Senate

It's a trap , don't fall for it .

posted on Jan, 3 2023 @ 07:54 PM
link   
So they chose Murray, who was once voted the "dumbest Senator alive." She's known for sleeping on the Senate floor (well, at her desk, so I'll give her that.) She's living proof that once elected, they never go away. She was originally elected because she was teaching parenting classes at a local community college. Her B.A. degree is in P.E. The state legislature decided we ought not to be teaching parenting classes to parents so thy axed the program. Murray got mad that her job got axed along with the program, so she ran for the Senate as the "Mom in tennis shoes." She won her primary with 28% of the vote.

posted on Jan, 3 2023 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
Can a person that employed a Chinese Spy be fourth in line to the Presidency? Asking for 340 million friends...

Someone older than Brandon should never be ever inline for the chair LOL when the old man goes the next 3 older people than him get a crack at it tough guy... even in clown world that sort of thing gets a little "fuzzy"

posted on Jan, 3 2023 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Rumor around here (I live in her district) is that they promised her that position if she ran for re-election, since if she didn't then her seat would now be held by a Republican.

posted on Jan, 4 2023 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

it's going to be a while before any Republican wins a Senate seat in California

posted on Jan, 4 2023 @ 07:41 AM
link   
She may not want to run the Mad House.

posted on Jan, 4 2023 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Murray is a Washington State Senator.

posted on Jan, 4 2023 @ 09:47 AM
link   
We Should Welcome her to the Biden Club.

posted on Jan, 5 2023 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElGoobero
Senator Dianne Feinstein, D NY, passes on being President Pro Tempore of US Senate

www.businessinsider.com...

But Murray's nomination is a break from decades of precedent. Since the 1940s, senators have typically chosen the most senior member of their party to serve in the largely ceremonial role.

In January, that will be the 89-year-old Democratic Sen. Dianne Feinstein of California, who took office just a couple months before Murray in 1992.

Feinstein declined to run for the job — though when asked about that by Insider last month, she appeared unaware she had issued such a statement.

She is reportedly having senior moments and presumably knows she can't keep up.
Joe Biden could take a lesson from her.

I'm surprised but glad. 89 is too old to hold an important position in anything.

That’s simply not true! Old people have been leading your country for as long as I can remember and doing a damn fine job of making it the best and most prosperous place in the whole world. For ever and ever. Since forever. Ask Joey. He’ll tell ya straight. Cause he’s a straight shooter who doesn’t mess around with no jive turkeys.

new topics

top topics

join