It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You will only bathe once a week and like it

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2023 @ 12:48 PM
link   
www.blacklistednews.com...

Supposedly, there are in fact numerous benefits from showering much less frequently, according to ZDF’s kugelzwei. For example, people would maybe learn to become “a little more tolerant of body odor”, and the unwashed would save time in the bathroom every morning.

USE SINKS, NOT SHOWERS
Moreover, fitness studios could replace showers with just plain sinks. After a sweaty workout, one could freshen up in cubicle with with a simple sink and a washcloth instead of using a shower cubicle.

MAKE THE WEEKLY SHOWER A PUBLIC SOCIAL EVENT
Another idea proposed by the WDR’s kugelzwei is public bathing: “Maybe showering or bathing could become a weekly highlight,” they suggest. “We would celebrate this in public bathhouses – perhaps also in the company of others.”

Really? I'm not saying we have to bathe every single day, but have we devolved so much that "bath credits," bathe houses and public bathing could be in our future? Or "sink bathing??"
Full-tilt lunacy!

edit on 2-1-2023 by AOx6179 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2023 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: AOx6179

From your link:

Another idea proposed by the WDR’s kugelzwei is public bathing: “Maybe showering or bathing could become a weekly highlight,” they suggest. “We would celebrate this in public bathhouses – perhaps also in the company of others.”

Good god no...didn't the Romans become quite fond of public bath houses?

Look what happened to them!

We are going down in flames...just like the Romans...almost word for word! Pedophilia, bathhouses, sexual immorality, money, greed, power, corruption, etc...history is repeating itself!!!

posted on Jan, 2 2023 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Time to invest in deodorants, antiperspirants, and nose plugs.

I think this will also promote the spread of diseases. The Covid lockdowns weren't enough for them.

posted on Jan, 2 2023 @ 12:59 PM
link   

I feel like I need to take a shower just from reading that OP.

I shower at least once a day. When I step out of that shower, I feel like a brand new person. Those oils that accumulate on us really are nasty. What would your butt look like after a week? DISGUSTING!

Now, off to the shower I go!!
edit on 2-1-2023 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2023 @ 01:15 PM
link   

There will come a day when we will have to seriously begin conserving water and so the washing basin/sink may well indeed replace the bathtub and shower, but there is no need to go around feeling grimy and smelling bad.

There are other means and ways to cleanse the body of oils/dirt, such as using milk and other food stuffs - milk has lactic acid - lactic acid is an Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA) which is a common ingredient in a lot of skin care products because not only does it improve fine lines and wrinkles, it gets rid of dead skin cells and brightens dark spots - add honey for antibacterial properties and then rinse off with a little water.

posted on Jan, 2 2023 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I remember the Patchouli days.

Good times, good times.

posted on Jan, 2 2023 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES

Good times, good times.

Is that same as rubbing crystals under the hairy armpits of modern female hippies and using patchouli to cover the BO?
I can smell that like yesterday

posted on Jan, 2 2023 @ 01:25 PM
link   
"We dont Russian Cheaper Energy EU"

While Now Europe is facing some trouble trying to find replacement of Ru Energy.

posted on Jan, 2 2023 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: 38181

Those crystal salts don't work, at least I found them ineffective.

However, bathing in saltwater does wonders.

Leaves a nice "natural coating" that staves off the smell for a few days.

Bleaches the hair nice as well so your furry legs aren't as intimidating to the straights.

posted on Jan, 2 2023 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

“However, bathing in saltwater does wonders.”

When I was a teenager, my buddies and I would go to the Oregon Coast and sleep on the beach in sleeping bags.

We brought a bar of soap and bathed in the ocean as we had no where else to clean ourselves. It really was refreshing. And helps with losing extra water weight.
edit on 4-1-2023 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2023 @ 01:47 PM
link   

If we're supposed to be like Medieval serfs, then yes. Sometimes, they'd sew themselves into their clothing for the winter.

posted on Jan, 2 2023 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: jerryznv

Romans also bathed more frequently than once a week too.

posted on Jan, 2 2023 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES

Good times, good times.

Incense right?

posted on Jan, 2 2023 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

How do you know?

Where you there?

posted on Jan, 2 2023 @ 02:03 PM
link   

I thought Christmas was bath-time?

posted on Jan, 2 2023 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Patchouli: definition, uses and benefits

www.britannica.com...
For those who were wondering (including myself).
edit on 2-1-2023 by AOx6179 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2023 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I work with somebody that I feel believes in this philosophy.. but he STANKS. so no thanks, please wash your nasty asses plz

posted on Jan, 2 2023 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: jerryznv

How do you know?

Where you there?

All right, they bathed as often as they could afford it. They liked it. So some bathed very frequently and others were less lucky. Only the wealthy had baths in the home. The rest used public baths that they had to pay for. For them, it was a matter of how often they could pay for it.
edit on 2-1-2023 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2023 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: AOx6179
Patchouli: definition, uses and benefits

www.britannica.com...
For those who were wondering (including myself).

That's awesome...thanks for the link!

I'm an old hippie so I guess I've always know about patchouli...but there those today that may never know! I hope they find your link and better yet...a bottle of patchouli oil to try out for themselves!

posted on Jan, 2 2023 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: jerryznv

How do you know?

Where you there?

All right, they bathed as often as they could afford it. They liked it. So some bathed very frequently and others were less lucky. Only the wealthy had baths in the home. The rest used public baths that they had to pay for. For them, it was a matter of how often they could pay for it.

Quite the Roman historian! You are correct though! So frequency was determined by wealth...seemed to be a problem all throughout Roman times! Much like today...the elites, the middle, and the poverty stricken!

Fit's right in with what the OP has posted about...question is...where do you fit in? Will your bathing rituals now be determined by your wealth or lack there of? Will you bath in public as a celebration of surviving in the middle? Can you see the implications of such a vile thought?

The Roman empire didn't fall/collapse for no reason...bath houses and bathing were quite a tell tale sign of the division amongst people!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join